Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets see who is the *******

He wont make it and will be lucky to remain on an AFL list
the club seems to keep these spuds that have 3-4 good games then do nothing for way too long

Delist asap
So what’s your feelings on Shedda, Rance and Grimes who were all putrid for 4-5 years if not longer before it clicked and their talent shone through?

You’re very inpatient, feels personal..
The kid is trying, you see how upset he gets with himself.. Might just be like the those champions and click any day now

So what’s your feelings on Shedda, Rance and Grimes who were all putrid for 4-5 years if not longer before it clicked and their talent shone through?

The kid is trying, you see how upset he gets with himself.. Might just be like the those champions and click any day now
🙏

Shedda had the body of a 12 year old girl and was always going to take time but could see he had the work ethic and never faked injuries or sulked.

Rance the talent was always there and for all to see but was seriously unco the first 3-4 years until it clicked
Grimes did he even get on the park from his hamstring injuries ? But terrible comparisons from you comparing a border line VFL player to 3 Legends of the RFC

Cumberland now 5 years at the club and played 9 games (not counting the other 9 as he was nowhere to be seen and he even forgot about them )

Now waiting for next request whilst enjoying the hard work of
Seth Campbell , Tom Brown , Kane McAuliff and even guys like Lefau who work their butts off at both VFL and AFL level

Cumbo's goose is cooked mate nothing personal but he just wont make it
Too much going on upstairs

In fairness Grimes was very good stopper from day 1, it was his hamstrings that let him down constantly early days.
Rance struggled for his first couple of years but was a lock from year 4 onwards. He was in the 22 under 22 team in his 5th year (this is Cumberlands 5th year).
Edwards was good from year 4 onwards.

Cumbo has done SFA so far.

In fairness Grimes was very good stopper from day 1, it was his hamstrings that let him down constantly early days.
Rance struggled for his first couple of years but was a lock from year 4 onwards. He was in the 22 under 22 team in his 5th year (this is Cumberlands 5th year).

We will get the " But we kept Todd Elton for 6 years and Cumberland is a better player argument soon"

We are missing 12/13 players and Cumbo is still not a chance to get a game
Game Over

We will get the " But we kept Todd Elton for 6 years and Cumberland is a better player argument soon"

We are missing 12/13 players and Cumbo is still not a chance to get a game
Game Over
I've been a fan but he hasn't just stagnated, he's gone backwards. He's not even impacting VFL games anymore.

You’re an absolute ********.

Cumberland's last AFL game he had a disposal efficiency of 38%. This is putrid. Cumberland therefore returned a player rating of -3.8, which is shocking.

You say he returned to the VFL and kicked 6 goals. This seems to put the lie to post 3,212 on this thread, which you liked.

View attachment 1967184

Cumberland had an incredible purple patch of goal kicking and assists in 2022. Why this happened I am not sure, maybe a function of Cumberland playing well, opposition teams not understanding how to match up on him, and the team providing him with great opportunities in that period. And possibly Cumberland cheating a bit.

He did not have a noticeably positive effect on the team's fortunes.

2022 with Cumberland Richmond AFL 4 wins 5 losses. 44% win rate.

2022 without Cumberland Richmond AFL 9.5 wins 4.5 losses. 68% win rate.

The people we charge with reviewing in great detail what makes the team win and lose, the coaches, have voted with Cumberland's feet by mainly relegating him to the VFL since. However, he has been given 9 opportunities at AFL level. It is fair to say his performances in those 9 games have been beyond woeful for AFL level. Not only lack of impact but at times lack of even a basic level of intent to stay engaged while the ball is alive, to the team's cost.

If Cumberland was anywhere near good enough at football to be in the Richmond team right now, he would be, it is as simple as that. 3 lots of coaches are not all going to be wrong about him. But you definitely wouldn't be elevating him while he is struggling with his form at VFL level, that makes no sense at all. Cumbo seems to be trying a bit harder to do what the team needs at VFL level, hopefully that works out well for him and us. But he still needs to put some performances together.
Cumberlands last game rating was 72, rd 21 vs the Dogs. (Final Siren).

... and possibly Cumberland cheating a bit. - no bias on your behalf at all, what does that even mean.

Cumberland in the side or not in 2022 didn't help the side? Well maybe or maybe not, it sure looked like it did because he was in everyone's rd. 1 side starting '23, including Hardwick's. He must have done something right.

Yes he was disappointing, but a 21 possession game rd.3 sounds like a good game. (102 game rating). A week later 65 rating, 72 as mentioned. So not really 9 beyond woeful games, I think he was a sub at least once as well.

Agree he needs to perform at VFL level, that is why I haven't been calling for a call up, but given our forward line, our fading to the bottom of the ladder and the fact that he has worked on his deficiencies seems a reasonable reason for perhaps giving him a chance.

He has talent that much is obvious. But talent wasn't enough, he needed to sort some things out. I watched him very closely in the VFL game last week. He could easily have kicked at least 2-3 goals, he did everything asked of him defensively, and he attacked the ball well. His defensive work at stoppages when playing midfield was also very good, I don't think his man got the ball once.

He deserves a chance, not sure who he replaces that's all. Campbell maybe, who after the first Q last week barely touched it, so maybe he needs a short spell.

I really wanted him to make it, but I've lost all faith now.

He's gone through 3 coaches now and doesn't seem to get a look in. He's gone through multiple injury hit teams and still can't break into the lineup.

He is an undoubted offensive talent, but for whatever reason he isn't fitting with the team, it could be a cultural/work ethic thing, or it could just be that we had a talented player and he wasn't developed appropriately.

Not Cumberland's 5th year. He missed his first with a knee reco, then played 7 VFL games only in '22. Played 2 missed 3, another one, missed 4 then 3 games but was finished by rd.13. You could hardly call that a season.

His first real year was '22, where he bolted at the end of the season, stalled in '23 and has to wait this year. But it's round 6 so a bit premature for anyone writing him off, at least until we see how he goes. Why is anyone talking about list changes in April.

Not Cumberland's 5th year. He missed his first with a knee reco, then played 7 VFL games only in '22. Played 2 missed 3, another one, missed 4 then 3 games but was finished by rd.13. You could hardly call that a season.

His first real year was '22, where he bolted at the end of the season, stalled in '23 and has to wait this year. But it's round 6 so a bit premature for anyone writing him off, at least until we see how he goes. Why is anyone talking about list changes in April.
It's his 5th year on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked okay in the guts at VFL level last game imo. Not sure if it's a move that's been made to benefit Noah or because we simply don't have any AFL level mids playing VFL atm. Will take time to make the transition but he needs that string to his bow if he's to be any chance of a contract extension. Hope he starts mid in the VFL from this point on.
Against Werribee, Daly Andrews destroyed him when they were opposed to each other in the middle as he was able to run around doing as he pleased as Noah paid him little attention defensively. Sadly that remains the biggest weakness in his game and I've seen little this year to suggest that he is making improvements in that area.

Folks he's done , just give up on him now. i was watching him last game and i lost count on how many errors and deficiencies he has in his game. His papers are not even in the too hard basket, but straight into the open fireplace.
I agree, with the amount of picks we will have at years end and the fact he isn't even getting a game with our current injury list, he is done and dusted. I think he knows it too hence why when he makes an error in the VFL he dwells on it too much and it completely ruins his game.

I will say this though, he showed glimpses of having the ability to play, problem is he didnt do it consistently enough, also he is a confidence player and I honestly feel Dimma ruined him by trying to compare him to Dusty as a reason for not playing him. Part of this is Dimma's fault.

Cumberlands last game rating was 72, rd 21 vs the Dogs. (Final Siren).

... and possibly Cumberland cheating a bit. - no bias on your behalf at all, what does that even mean.

Cumberland in the side or not in 2022 didn't help the side? Well maybe or maybe not, it sure looked like it did because he was in everyone's rd. 1 side starting '23, including Hardwick's. He must have done something right.

Yes he was disappointing, but a 21 possession game rd.3 sounds like a good game. (102 game rating). A week later 65 rating, 72 as mentioned. So not really 9 beyond woeful games, I think he was a sub at least once as well.

Agree he needs to perform at VFL level, that is why I haven't been calling for a call up, but given our forward line, our fading to the bottom of the ladder and the fact that he has worked on his deficiencies seems a reasonable reason for perhaps giving him a chance.

He has talent that much is obvious. But talent wasn't enough, he needed to sort some things out. I watched him very closely in the VFL game last week. He could easily have kicked at least 2-3 goals, he did everything asked of him defensively, and he attacked the ball well. His defensive work at stoppages when playing midfield was also very good, I don't think his man got the ball once.

He deserves a chance, not sure who he replaces that's all. Campbell maybe, who after the first Q last week barely touched it, so maybe he needs a short spell.

The ratings you refer to are not really ratings. They are fantasy points you accumulate for kicks marks handballs goals etc. The official player ratings are a much more credible guide to a player's actual performance and Cumberland's last 5 almost unbelievably averaged in the negative. That is nearly impossible to achieve. You can tell the official player ratings are a better guide...because while you and the fantasy scores say he played well, the official player ratings and the selectors demurred. No disrespect to you, but if any random Charlie was given the choice which they believe more credible, a casual supporter following supercoach or the selection committee for a professional football team...

Cumberland was not selected in Richmond's rd 1 team 2023 as you claim, so I don't know where you got that from.

Cumberland's talent is obvious when he doesn't do all the non-negotiables, because he is full of energy when the ball hits his area. But when he doesn't do the non-negotiables it seriously hurts the team, as can be seen from the inferior w/l ratio when he plays. When the club finally got him to do the non-negotiables...lo and behold his "talent" is not so obvious. Because he is knackered like everyone else who does the sacrificial running the team needs.

As we sit here right now it just seems Cumberland's best form was an illusion created by him cheating the team's system. Otherwise, it would not have stopped so suddenly, never to return.

The ratings you refer to are not really ratings. They are fantasy points you accumulate for kicks marks handballs goals etc. The official player ratings are a much more credible guide to a player's actual performance and Cumberland's last 5 almost unbelievably averaged in the negative. That is nearly impossible to achieve. You can tell the official player ratings are a better guide...because while you and the fantasy scores say he played well, the official player ratings and the selectors demurred. No disrespect to you, but if any random Charlie was given the choice which they believe more credible, a casual supporter following supercoach or the selection committee for a professional football team...

Cumberland was not selected in Richmond's rd 1 team 2023 as you claim, so I don't know where you got that from.

Cumberland's talent is obvious when he doesn't do all the non-negotiables, because he is full of energy when the ball hits his area. But when he doesn't do the non-negotiables it seriously hurts the team, as can be seen from the inferior w/l ratio when he plays. When the club finally got him to do the non-negotiables...lo and behold his "talent" is not so obvious. Because he is knackered like everyone else who does the sacrificial running the team needs.

As we sit here right now it just seems Cumberland's best form was an illusion created by him cheating the team's system. Otherwise, it would not have stopped so suddenly, never to return.
cheating … WTF mate.
He was a big part of our team at the end of 22 but it wasn’t good enough for dimma. Dimma ****ed him just like he did Caddy and almost did with Ross.

cheating … WTF mate.
He was a big part of our team at the end of 22 but it wasn’t good enough for dimma. Dimma ****ed him just like he did Caddy and almost did with Ross.
unfortunately he is hopeless with stats, but by accident this time he's right Cumbo 24 is cooked compared to Cumbo 22. The dream or nightmare is over for us all.

I want to believe but my eyes do not betray me, the non-second efforts and going down like being shot when its not more than a scratch or bump shits me to tears.

I hope he turns it around and proves many of us wrong 🙏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back