#37 - Ian Callinan

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Callinan out for 6-10 weeks

Can't believe they say he will miss 6-10 weeks! Was right in the middle of both interchange boxes and he came of and had a few trainers looking at his arm, I thought he was just wanting it restrapped as he didn't look to be in any pain at all. Went down the race for a little and reappeared with a bag of ice stuck to his arm. :(

Ridiculous injury for football but that's just our luck I guess. Feel really bad for the bloke given that he has pretty much a cert to be upgraded.

wow.i was at the game today, it really didnt really look that bad. i wouldnt be suprised if he is only out for 4 weeks. he almost went back on in fact.

Can only hope so, but if it's as bad as they say it is :( Terrible luck.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Nutta, devastated. So unfair! :(

Re: Calling out 6-10

I disagree - he was almost a certainty to get an upgrade by the start of season, that opportunity is now lost to him.

Biggest winner out of this is Jaensch - looks like he's back on track to be our designated crumbing forward.

I dont believe that the opportunity is lost to him

if Brodie's injury is as serious as expected then the club has the opportunity to upgrade 2 rookies, with this in mind I would say that both Wright and Nutter remain a strong possibility to be upgraded, Nutter's opportunity may come later when he return's from injury as a result of Martin being on the long term injury list

Didn't he take a pay cut to become a rookie and try to resurrect his AFL career? Devastating :(

However...assuming there's no complications in his recovery, he'll be ready somewhere around round 4-8. While I'm 99% certain that Callinan was first choice, Jaensch/Wright now get a chance to cement a spot and when nutta comes back he puts the pressure right back on them to perform, so it's not all bad.

Only in Adelaide where you can tear your bicep from the bone, or catch parvo virus or have an infected bursar!

Poor bugger... hope he still gets a chance.

This is what I posted in the other injury thread about Callinan. Somebody (rightly) said that yesterday's injuries have nothing to do with fitness management. But I think we should be a bit careful with the Callinan one.

No, they didn't, although I'm really scratching my head about the Callinan injury. It's very unusual injury, and from what I know of Callinan he does not have a history of injury troubles.

I did hear that he dropped 5-6kg at the Crows just through the training regime - I would certainly hope this hasn't affected his body composition or his durability. There was certainly nothing wrong with his body shape at Centrals and I wouldn't have thought it needed too much tweaking.

I'll give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one and write it off as a freak accident, but with our track record, I think there's a right to be at least 5% sceptical on this particular one.

This is what I posted in the other injury thread about Callinan. Somebody (rightly) said that yesterday's injuries have nothing to do with fitness management. But I think we should be a bit careful with the Callinan one.

This bloke was/is and extremely durable footballer, this injury is incredibly out of character. You do have to wonder if for whatever reason he has worked just a fraction too hard on his fitness. His body composition has changed quite a bit since last year.

This bloke was/is and extremely durable footballer, this injury is incredibly out of character. You do have to wonder if for whatever reason he has worked just a fraction too hard on his fitness. His body composition has changed quite a bit since last year.

I was surprised when I saw him front up for the Melbourne/Port games. He looked a lot lighter/smaller than what he did at the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Calling out 6-10

I dont believe that the opportunity is lost to him

if Brodie's injury is as serious as expected then the club has the opportunity to upgrade 2 rookies, with this in mind I would say that both Wright and Nutter remain a strong possibility to be upgraded, Nutter's opportunity may come later when he return's from injury as a result of Martin being on the long term injury list

I definitely agree that he hasn't lost his opportunity to be upgraded - just his round 1 upgrade position.

I'd put money on him playing AFL at some stage later this year.

Is there any update on the status of Callinan's injury as yet? He also had scans didn't he?

Ok so he should be back by about round 7 or so. Then 4 weeks with Centrals. Takes us to after round 11 where he can be upgraded without someone on the LTI list.

Ok so he should be back by about round 7 or so. Then 4 weeks with Centrals. Takes us to after round 11 where he can be upgraded without someone on the LTI list.

Is that how it works? We have to wait til Round 11 to upgrade him now?

I would rather not see him spend 4 weeks at Centrals if he is ready to go.

Given our lack of other injuries, I'd say there's only a 10% chance of Wright being upgraded. I'd say there's a good chance of the position being available when Callinan regains fitness. Then again, I reckon Callinan's odds of getting an upgrade were only 50-50 even before the injury..

I wouldn't mind betting that they'd be prepared to put Craig on the LTI list if push came to shove as well.

What's going on with Callinan?

Has he come back in the 2's yet?
Has your rookie spot been taken?

When would you expect him to be in the seniors?

What's going on with Callinan?

Has he come back in the 2's yet?
Last we heard from the club (Team Thursday last week), he was expected to be playing for Centrals (in the SANFL) this weekend.
Has your rookie spot been taken?
We have 1 rookie upgrade position available.
When would you expect him to be in the seniors?
I don't. At least, not in the near future anyway. There's not much call for a 28yo SANFL footballer in our team right now - we have other, more pressing, priorities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back