Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This may be a surprise to you, but I don't really disagree with any of this except for one thing.

While our younger players should be and are getting opportunities and role players like Graham should be phased out, we shouldn't be doing what the likes of North & Hawthorn did and clearing out all our older experienced players at once as it will leave us exposed when the inevitable injuries hit in 2025.

If we were to lose Martin Grimes Prestia McIntosh & Baker at seasons end then keeping around the likes of Graham for a year or 2 as a bit of depth we can lean on if needed. The last thing we want to become is uncompetitive which then leads to other players starting to think about moving to greener pastures when their contracts are up, which could then lead to a never ending spiral where we take 2 steps forward and then 3 steps back.

Losing Rance in his prime absolutely hurts, losing Astbury when the club was hoping he had 1 more year hurts. Losing old players who's bodies cooked, game past them by or aren't any good doesn't hurt one iota.
Grimes is past it period, Prestias body is past it, McIntosh is no loss whatsoever. Losing all 3 is inevitable and no real loss as their contribution is minimal (if Prestia was fit he'd be a nassive loss but there's 3 certainties in life: death, taxes and Prestia getting a soft tissue injury) I hope Baker goes but no certainty and I'll put money on Dusty staying because I don't fall for clickbait from try hard wannabe shock jock Cornes and head like a ruptured sphinctter McClure.

images - 2024-04-28T212721.037.jpeg

Just wanna say, it’s the highest level the game can be played at.
It’s not luck he was captain of his State three years in a row and it’s not luck he’s played over 100 games for a team that’s won three flags during his career.
He’s in the top 1% of Australia for his sport.
It’s not common.

I can see the benefit of his spot being open but if I ever saw him out for dinner he wouldn’t be paying for that or I’d make sure he’d have a drink at hand and not just one.

Thanks for pointing out its the highest level i never grasped that concept til now. On behalf of the entire board thanks for clarifying. I was wondering why the local division 3 amos lead by mudguts mcgee never pulled crowds of 90,000. That riddles solved. What a ludicrous, pointless, self-aggrandizing statement. If you feel that passionately why trumpet your own horn knowing odds of seeing him out n about are minuscule. Head down to open training and palm $100 to every premiership player as they sign autographs and go get a stick figure tatt of cantstandya and sling him a grand while you're at it. Actually if looking for Graham at a restaurant by the looks of him I'd try scouring all the buffets. Most likely at the self serve ice-cream machine.

agree with this in so many ways
but those other mediocre fellas are probably a little bit taller, quicker, can kick a bit further, better overhead, less injury prone and can plug more holes.

since the game has changed and become more modern and with injuries jack has become like a dvd player.....
still has some usage and handy enough not to throw out. but still clutter (give away) because no one is buying anymore.

Hey we gave Kozitsche a 3 year deal and he couldn't get a kick in a streetfight. Some club will be dumb enough to overpay. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How do we maximise his value now? He's having zero impact. Who's dumb enough to offer him a multi year deal and why would you? Every team has multiple better mids than him.
I think we’re stuck with him, but I pray every night that we can get even the bare minimum for him so he can just to be off our list. Even a MSD prick I will take. lol.

Thanks for pointing out its the highest level i never grasped that concept til now. On behalf of the entire board thanks for clarifying. I was wondering why the local division 3 amos lead by mudguts mcgee never pulled crowds of 90,000. That riddles solved. What a ludicrous, pointless, self-aggrandizing statement. If you feel that passionately why trumpet your own horn knowing odds of seeing him out n about are minuscule. Head down to open training and palm $100 to every premiership player as they sign autographs and go get a stick figure tatt of cantstandya and sling him a grand while you're at it. Actually if looking for Graham at a restaurant by the looks of him I'd try scouring all the buffets. Most likely at the self serve ice-cream machine.
Cmon RRB don’t be such a miserable bastard as surely you would buy him a one month ManShake subscription and a one way ticket to Adelaide. 😂

I think we’re stuck with him, but I pray every night that we can get even the bare minimum for him so he can just to be off our list. Even a MSD prick I will take. lol.
I really hope we don’t offer him and prestia contracts , we need to move past these two ,there’ll be modest interest in JG like a 2y deal that won’t attract any compo

Graham played a role in our dynasty. Crucial in 2017 GF. Courageous and selfless in 2019 PF. Averaged 15 touches and 5 tackles in 2020 finals series (equivalent of 19 / 6 in non-shortened games).

2021 he finished equal second in B&F …#1 for tackles, 2nd for uncontested possessions, 2nd for inside-50’s, 3rd for disposals, 3 for score involvements etc…. so yes it was a down year for the club, but at 23yo it looked like he’d taken the next step Into a Willem Drew / Worpel type level….. alas it wasn’t to be and he’s gone a little backwards since that time.

But let’s not talk about him as though he wasn’t a more than handy footballer from 2017-2021, often playing a selfless role. And at 27yo he will definitely be in demand as a free agent with plenty of 2-3 year deals on the table.

But I agree he’s not the player for us at this stage of our list build, and we’d be better off saving the $450k and getting a draft pick.

But rest assured, if he wants to stay the club will not delist him or shoehorn him out the door. He will be given likely a 2-year deal as every club needs depth and experience, so he won’t be on the football scrap heap and we’d definitely retain him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Jack Billings gets another gig then Graham will
I don’t know if he will get a gig, but what do we get in return if he does? Billings is speedy and better skilled and only got a future third rounder. So Graham as I said will struggle to get suitors bc he’d be the slowest player in the AFL for his size.
I think we’re stuck with him as surely everyone can see he’s the most limited midfielder in the competition.

Last edited:
How do we maximise his value now? He's having zero impact. Who's dumb enough to offer him a multi year deal and why would you? Every team has multiple better mids than him.

He would surely offer North something, especially if LDU and Zurhaar both leave. They need big bodied players and he can help with leadership. We already have Hopper, Taranto, Ross etc in there. (Assuming they arent injured next year). North will also probably have to overpay to get him, that would be best result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if he will get a gig, but what do we get in return if he does? Billings is speedy and better skilled and only got a future third rounder. So Graham as I said will struggle to get suitors bc he’d be the slowest player in the AFL for his size.
I think we’re stuck with him as surely everyone can see he’s the most limited midfielder in the competition.
LOL utter nonsense. That is factually incorrect, but as you were.

What Billings are you watching? He's not speedy at all.

prove it wrong big mouth.lol
Please for once in your life, dig deep, admit you are wrong (like usual) and we can all move on from your constant bullshit dribble :)

that's 2020 lol

Hustle Lies GIF by The3Flamingos

Please for once in your life, dig deep, admit you are wrong (like usual) and we can all move on from your constant bullshit dribble :)
Also that is speed measured at one instant and not THE AVERAGE over a course of the game . FMD 2020 stats makes you look more desperate than i actually thought you were. Most including myself were happy with JGTI , but injuries have cut him down badly since where he's one of the slowest footballers in the game. lol

Last edited:
Also that is speed measured at one instant and not THE AVERAGE over a course of the game . FMD 2020 stats makes you look more desperate than i actually thought you were. lol
It was the first search that came up, wouldn't expect you to react any other way. You can never admit when you are wrong, pathetic.

Old grandstander with his opinions and no facts Imposter we should call ya.

It was the first search that came up, wouldn't expect you to react any other way. You can never admit when you are wrong, pathetic.

Old grandstander with his opinions and no facts Imposter we should call ya.
Dude injury has cut him down badly since. It's not about being wrong or right, but opening your eyes and seeing the glaring obvious. He's chasing arseholes all game and that makes him slow.

Dude injury has cut him down badly since. It's not about being wrong or right, but opening your eyes and seeing the glaring obvious. He's chasing arseholes all game and that makes him slow.
You made a grand statement that he is the slowest for his size in the AFL, you now know this is factually incorrect and yet you still argue. FWIW this is why you struggle for credibility.

You made a grand statement that he is the slowest for his size in the AFL, you now know this is factually incorrect and yet you still argue. FWIW this is why you struggle for credibility.
You still don't understand so cut the personal tripe out and try and join the dots from the data below. I stand by my statement and genuine posters know I am a reputable and creditable poster. Also i still hven't been proven to be wrong yet.I wouldn't expect it from gas lighters and show boaters like you.

Colin Jost Speech GIF by PBS NewsHour

beema limapep said:
Jack Graham Injury history

2017 preseason - hamstring tendinitis
2017 - ankle fracture
2018 - dislocated shoulder
2019 - hamstring
2019 - dislocated shoulder.
2021 - Toe injury
2022 - Hamstring
2023 - Toe injury
2024 preseason. - Quad.

What do people expect will happen from here? It's not hard to predict.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back