Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

So club sticks by him all these years and all through his injuries etc and he pisses off for at first opportunity lol

Welcome to the new world order. A little like how Gold Coast have drafted Tom Lynch, stuck by him all these years, made him captain then bang "see ya later, I'm heading home"

Conca needs to make hay while the sun shines and getting the job security and length of contract I can't blame him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So club sticks by him all these years and all through his injuries etc and he pisses off for at first opportunity lol
I thought he played some good football this year. And would have been happy for him to stay at punt road. Having said that I recall he was on a very low contact. I imagine a bit more than a rookie. Which the club needed to be able to pay for Dusty & Tom...Other clubs were going to start sniffing out our fringe players once we won the flag. You lose the good with the bad. We obviously didn’t match Freo’s offer. I’m happy that him, Lloyd and Cellis and Miles are extending their careers at other clubs. Look at Matt Dea, getting games at EFC and winning awards!

Conca needs to think of his future and his job security.

He stood by us during the bad and the good and I don’t think this is the first time Freo have offered him a contract (every time he comes out of contract the Fremantle talk comes up), this time Freo offered that little bit more than we could offer him and he chose to go home.

I don’t blame him and I wish him all the best.

I hope he can finish his career off successfully with Fremantle.

Strange decision to leave a chance at a premiership to join a rabble especially after we had stuck with him for years through multiple injuries. Maybe Richmond offered him a low $ contract and the fact that he was injury prone (and a bit of a whipping boy) tempted him to take the security of a three year deal on more $$. He is a freo player now so I don't wish him the best, but thanks for the 104 games at Tigerland. I also look forward to the next Richmond v Freo game and seeing something we haven't seen much of before - Conca hitting Tiger players on the tit with his kicks. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
He's probably earning an extra 100k at Fremantle, and a ticket to the grand final is about $300. That's a $99,700 decision.

It really is no surprise that all our depth are leaving for more money and regular games, especially after the good run with Injuries we had this season. Can't blame them at all.

Welcome to the new world order. A little like how Gold Coast have drafted Tom Lynch, stuck by him all these years, made him captain then bang "see ya later, I'm heading home"

Conca needs to make hay while the sun shines and getting the job security and length of contract I can't blame him.

Lynch is bit diff as Gold Coast are a complete and utter rabble of a club and he wants to go to a team at a better chance of success

Lynch is bit diff as Gold Coast are a complete and utter rabble of a club and he wants to go to a team at a better chance of success

And Conca is getting squeezed out by younger players / is getting an offer too good to refuse.

If someone offered me say a 30-40% pay rise to do the exact same job just in my home state and was guaranteeing it for longer than my current employer I'd be doing the exact same thing.

I don't blame him one bit for looking after himself long term.

We as fans forget this is their jobs / livelihood.

Lot of love for the nut. Sounds like a ripper guy. I think he may bring some good leadership with all the groms we have runming in the midfeild. Key will be injuries, hope he can string some games together .
I think this year he was a good one for him. He was doing volunteer work too. Visiting sick kids. And won our community service award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we wanted him bad enough we would have offered him the extra year

Was getting pick 37 for Conca unexpected? I thought beacause of Lynch, we got no compo

Well well well...down comes the Reecey poster in the man-cave...
Not too sure where to put it now after all these years...
Seems so harsh just to scrunch it up and toss it in the bin...
Thanks for the memories Reecey...that elbow hit to the oppo scone...seems like you always did your best work off the field!
Cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back