AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked his way into the game when it mattered but still seems underdone. Need to remember that a couple of months ago he was dominating match practice. He hasn’t lost the capability to do that, he’s just off the pace and perhaps lacking a bit of confidence. At his best he is nipping in and out of stoppages with ball hand.

What is he? Softer than playdough, doesn't work defensively (just jogs and lets opponents run off him with ease), average disposal, small and physically weak (gets pushed off the ball easily), doesn't kick goals, selfish and is not a leader.

I'd have him up for trade at the end of the year.

Who would take him on 750k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im by no means a Parish apologist but really dont see why theres so much negativity about his game on Friday.
He was down on disposals but is that so bad when better/more explosive mids are sharing the load with him?
Led the tackle count and was one of the higher pressure acts (20) in the team which indicates he is improving on his defensive side.
Also looked a lot less fumbly than last week.

Im by no means a Parish apologist but really dont see why theres so much negativity about his game on Friday.
He was down on disposals but is that so bad when better/more explosive mids are sharing the load with him?
Led the tackle count and was one of the higher pressure acts (20) in the team which indicates he is improving on his defensive side.
Because we re-signed him for 6 years on good coin, when our midfield is arguably better without him.

Because we re-signed him for 6 years on good coin, when our midfield is arguably better without him.
as it stands i think it is, he's been off so far this season, and looks like he'll eventually be eclipsed by durham/caldwell, while neither are accumulators like parish is, they do the stuff he doesn't do extremely well.

That, or he was second to the ball all night

Look, I am a fan of what he brings but I was disappointed with his game. It looked like a lack of effort at times but I wonder whether it is fitness. He looked like he was running in quicksand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back