Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Was one of my favourites when he first played I thought nothing more then a role player how wrong I was and one thing he is a big game player love the occasions and you knew when he was in the guts we were a big chance. How he preserved to make it is workmen type and end up with 3 flags.

He is the main element we are missing in all these close games this year, in many ways as important to us as Dusty.

We win 72% when Lambo plays and 48% when he doesn't, such a shame he has retired although it's for the best , hope we keep him around he's the type of player that makes a good coach.
Yep just watched his speech, very impressive young man , will easily find a job in footy if that’s his chosen path

Loved the honest efforts he put in, no fan fair just honest hard work.
It was obvious it was coming, but sh!t it is just another dampener on me trying to get my Tigs buzz going this season :disappointed:

A great Tiger and will be genuinely missed

Last edited:
Its always the same concerning Richmond. When other teams have moments like this: a champion player retires, or like an opposirion coach is sacked, or like a historic club legend comes out of cryogentic hibernation when his team is playing us to urge them on, or even when our greatest Tigers in all our history pass on - we roll over like a weak sack of s**t and dishonour our great club. Effing Brisbane will clean the floor with us this round.

Loved you Kane, hope your name meant we are family.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Games where Kane Lambert played this year: 7 wins, 0 losses. Sobering :'(

Really underlines his importance to the team even if as a sub

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 8.59.27 pm.png

Its always the same concerning Richmond. When other teams have moments like this: a champion player retires, or like an opposirion coach is sacked, or like a historic club legend comes out of cryogentic hibernation when his team is playing us to urge them on, or even when our greatest Tigers in all our history pass on - we roll over like a weak sack of s**t and dishonour our great club. Effing Brisbane will clean the floor with us this round.

Loved you Kane, hope your name meant we are family.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Weird melt. Just be happy that we got to cheer him on as he kicked clutch goal after clutch goal during a golden period at our club. Would you rather he have a career like Nathan Jones where he wins **** all but the boys get up for him for one game?

Love the story about Kane in Konrad Marshall’s book - Yellow and Black, a season with Richmond- it talks about Lambert being driven to emergency by a club employee after a serious rib injury . When they get there, There’s 1 seat left in the emergency room, and despite being in excruciating pain he offers it to her.

Pretty much sums up the bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks legend,his crucial one touch ability in the heat of the moment of pressure cooker finals are never forgotten with me and are legendary within the 4 walls no doubt,an elite player with the RFC that come along every 30 years or so, a ****n legend,a sad day tigers ,but grateful all in the same breath
one of the all time greats...ive watched Richmond for nearly 50 years,hes one of the greatest tigers ever.

Just watched his speech. Brilliant. Shed a tear. Lambo had the room in the palm of his hand. Dimma, Broady, Shorty, his girlfriend Abbi you could visibly see the emotion in them.
one of the greatest players this club has ever had :pointup:his composure during clutch moments in finals is only matched by Martin,Hart,Bourke ,KB & the like

Kane Lambert ended his career 15-0 against Carlton and Essendon
Best

Weird melt. Just be happy that we got to cheer him on as he kicked clutch goal after clutch goal during a golden period at our club. Would you rather he have a career like Nathan Jones where he wins **** all but the boys get up for him for one game?
Let's not forget that we took him from right under Carlton's nose too

Well done Kane on a great career with us. You are a true club champion & done everything the club has asked of you. One of my favorite players since Nathan Foley & hope he has a great life after football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back