Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys - breaking news - Josh Caddy has just announced his retirement from AFL football. Caddy was part of a very important recruiting strategy preseason 2017 which got him, Toby Nankervis and Dion Prestia to the club. These three players played very important roles in reigniting the club back to their former powerhouse status of the 60's, 70 and early 80's.
On behalf of all Tiger supporters, would like to thank Josh for his wonderful contribution to the club in his time here and make no mistake he was a very important player in our 2017 and 2019 premiership sides.
Was one of my favourite players in his time at Richmond. His teammates definitely walked a bit taller when he was out on the ground playing due to his skill, toughness and intimidation factor.
Wishing Josh all the best in his future endeavours post football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just .... thank you Josh Caddy .... integral part of what we achieved .... particularly in 2017 he was something we had little of, on field arrogance and aggression

You'd love playing with him.

Thanks again Cads, double premiership player Cads that is ....

Will always be a 2 x premiership player with us and that is worth a lot. Really glad to see him make that decision as it shows he is a pro & put the club first. Gives us a crack at the Mid season draft now i think, basically has done a Griggy.

One less list clogger to rebuild around. That might be a harsh term to use for him, but based on where he was at its accurate to his current situation. As i had said in earlier post, us paying his contract out in full and moving off his list spot was the best situation for us moving forward, no point us sitting on his spot longer than required when we can get another crack at "pot luck"

Thanks for everything Cads, absolutely loved having you in the side with your s**t talking and how you always stood up for your teammates.

2 time flag winner, always a tiger legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back