Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

You will always be remembered fondly (by tigers) Jacob. I hope you get picked up and can continue on an AFL list. If not I hope we can sort out something to keep you at the club, as has been suggested a vfl vc role or similar. Either way All the best for your future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Towner - those last 5 games in 2017 will go down as legendary!
Has many great footballing skills but sadly, is missing one key skill - he just does not find enough of the ball to cut it consistently in the modern game.
Would love if he somehow could hang around the club...

Gotta love bigfooty. Everyone sad to see Townsend go but cheered for Butler and Ellis to leave when they are much better players

Not everyone.
I hate to see any of our drought-breaking Premiership players leave ... but that’s the nature of the business

Last edited:
Love The Towner. As someone who endured every single one of the 37 years of pain, I love all of our drought breaking ‘17 players. They all finally provided relief for the tortured like me, and a great day for the faithful, like me.

Go well Towner. Richmond hero for mine. Same with Ellis and Butts.

Harder than a cats head, tackles like his life depends on it. I love watching him play.

He achieved the ultimate in footy, a flag at the top level and a VFL BnF medal. Mission accomplished. There's plenty of other footballers, some with a lot more talent, with less on their resume.

The future is bright whatever he gets himself into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back