Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

If he gets a spot on another clubs list (as i reckon he will), he'll go with my blessing and eternal gratitude
I think we’ll delist him, as much as I hate to admit it I think it’ll be the right call.

I’d love ya to keep him on in the VFL just as we did with Steve Morris.
Been talking to the Giants about a return. Love to see him get another crack because I think he’s too far down our list now.

I think every tiger supporters sentiments about Jacob are the same , We will all be extremely happy for him to get another chance at another club and the chance to continue his career but if he doesnt more than happy to see him as Vice Captain to Stevie Morris in our VFL team and earning good pay as we certainly can afford it and should pay both Morris & Townsend good coin

I think every tiger supporters sentiments about Jacob are the same , We will all be extremely happy for him to get another chance at another club and the chance to continue his career but if he doesnt more than happy to see him as Vice Captain to Stevie Morris in our VFL team and earning good pay as we certainly can afford it and should pay both Morris & Townsend good coin

Is that you Jacob?

Sadly the VFL has a salary cap as well. It would be great to conjure a way to keep this bloke at our club, I am just struggling to see how we can, he is just not quick or athletic enough for AFL footy. If Morris wasn’t there you would happily slot him into that role. If there is a way he can be employed full time by the club and play VFL that would be ideal but not sure what off field roles might suit him. I just love watching him play footy, I am sure we all do.

Sadly the VFL has a salary cap as well. It would be great to conjure a way to keep this bloke at our club, I am just struggling to see how we can, he is just not quick or athletic enough for AFL footy. If Morris wasn’t there you would happily slot him into that role. If there is a way he can be employed full time by the club and play VFL that would be ideal but not sure what off field roles might suit him. I just love watching him play footy, I am sure we all do.
I’m sure we could pull a swifty and offer him a paid role as a development coach and a minimal wage to play in the VFL. ;)

In all seriousness he seems like a pretty well respected member of the squad and is a real leader for our youngsters in the VFL. He’d appear a good option to take on an off-field role too.

Goal kicking coach. His set shot action is perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😞 Knew it was inevitable, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Will forever make me smile when watching replays of our 2017 Grand Final.

Towner you champion.

A September to remember forever! Thanks Jacob for everything you gave to the Tiges.

I'm not 100% across it, but is there any chance he'll get back on the list at a later date like last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back