Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Life member of the club and will always remembered for that amazing purple patch in 2017

will never pay for a beer again

go free and spread your seed you beautiful bastard

Will always be a great story and fondly remembered from the drought-breaking 2017 premiership.

My favorite Towner tackle was actually the one where he broke Nathan Jones in half in the 2018 ANCAZ-eve game.

We wish you well Sir Jacob!

7BC04302-6667-46E1-8B7A-1C4089D02387.jpeg

Last edited:
Was , for me , the most enjoyable player to watch in 2017 finals series . Absolutely put the fear of God in Adelaide, rattled their cages. Poor old Lever ,Kelly and Hartigan will have nightmares forever . A 1970s footballer stuck in the year 2019 .
Towner thanks for the memories, to me always a champion .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've got Towner listed as my favourite player on my membership profile. Knew this was probably coming but very sad news. I've written this before but he personifies the 2017 flag in my mind - a team built on every player playing to their strengths nothwithstanding their limitations. Loved his toughness and willingness to sacrifice his game clearing a path for others in the forward line and deadly accurate goal kicking when he did get a shot. And then there is his gut liquifying tackling.

Thanks for everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menadue seemed to have plenty of tools but couldn't seem to get the best out of them.

Townsend had very few tools but got the most out of them - for 5 golden games in 2017.

No surprises in the delistings, but for those of us who remember the days when we had more players to delist than we could get rid of in a year, the quality of this years batch show shows how far the list has come. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back