VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No score on the siren as the ball just plummeted because of the wind. I'd be absolutely filthy with that quarter if I was Wayne Cripps

I think I’ve seen enough of Sanders at this level, not sure it does a lot for his development. If he wasn’t finding the footy at AFL level sure but he was. The sort of talent where you just play him and work through the teething issues at the top level, especially considering we’re not contending and the potential Libba retirement, he needs to be fast tracked. We’re so lucky we have him coming through now, will be a gun inside mid right when we need one. Just get him in and make it work, make him learn how to play off a flank for now with spurts in the middle

Some of of our disposal let us down in the 2nd but we're still applying good pressure. Sanders was influential and Busslinger continues to look a general down back. Our small Footscray players, of which we have a lot, also defend well. Need to build our lead with the wind in the 3rd.

Some of Sander's defensive intent can still be pretty bad. Slow jogs when he has the opportunity to put pressure on the opposition, I can see why he isn't even an emergency. If he showed just half the intent that he does getting the ball, he would be in the side.

Busslinger has played the best game I've seen of him so far. His opponent is pretty poor in Keefe though, surprised he's still on a list.

As much as we complain about the AFL umpires, there are so many times in the VFL where absolutely no one knows why the umpire has blown the whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back