Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Liberatore will be a test heading into Saturday night’s clash against Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

Post the Essendon defeat, Liberatore was moved into concussion protocols and according to Head of Sports Medicine Chris Bell, he is tracking well.
“Tom Liberatore continues to eye a return this week after missing the game on the weekend,” Bell said.

We still have some boxes to tick within our concussion protocol.”

“We will look to work through this over the next 48-72 hours before we can determine Tom’s availability.”

Young ruckman Lachlan Smith remains a chance to return to the VFL after recovering from a knee injury.

Injury List

Tom Liberatore - Concussion - TEST

Lachlan Smith - Knee - Test

Nick Coffield - Shoulder - 8-10 weeks

Aiden O'Driscoll - Concussion - Indefinite

Bailey Smith - ACL - Season
So was Libba ever actually confirmed to be concussed? Was an unusual situation and he was only placed in concussion protocols as a precaution, pending further evaluation.

So was Libba ever actually confirmed to be concussed? Was an unusual situation and he was only placed in concussion protocols as a precaution, pending further evaluation.
This is a guess I would say the club told Libba have the week off to conduct some tests and also this would assist in any delayed concussion

This is a guess I would say the club told Libba have the week off to conduct some tests and also this would assist in any delayed concussion
I doubt concussion was ever the issue. But I don't think they had worked out what it was at the time. Showing "an abundance of caution" and calling it concussion protocols was a good way to buy some time in an uncontroversial way - one that wouldn't attract media attention - while they ran a few more tests and checks on his health. I'm OK with that. Libba's health comes first and I hope they have satisfied themselves that he's 100% if they let him play this week.

Libba never failed a concussion test on game day or the following days. He was placed in the protocols purely based on the vision.

The consensus is continual concussive concerns are not considered a characteristic of VDMs recurring convalescences.
Oh No GIF

While Cody is recuperating from surgery I wonder whether they shouldn't give some thought to sending him in for a partial lobotomy to remove that part of his brain that thinks jumping on his own forwards' heads and spoiling them is a good idea.

While Cody is recuperating from surgery I wonder whether they shouldn't give some thought to sending him in for a partial lobotomy to remove that part of his brain that thinks jumping on his own forwards' heads and spoiling them is a good idea.
And bracing his fall with his dodgy arm straight down infront of him like he is trying to fly like super man, straight through the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That incident nearly cost my lovely 65” Lg smart tv its life !

Can this be another coaching issue ?

That incident nearly cost my lovely 65” Lg smart tv its life !

Can this be another coaching issue ?
No, that sounds like a viewer issue to me.
Maybe you could get a hard perspex screen to wrap around your 65" LG?

Shame Cody was having a great start to the season

Everything's a journey these days. Get an injury....it's a journey. Traded, desisted, drafted, a spell in the twos.....a journey. The season.....a journey, a career......journey.

My journey to BWS today is now going to be an expedition I'm so farking sick of that term.

Everything's a journey these days. Get an injury....it's a journey. Traded, desisted, drafted, a spell in the twos.....a journey. The season.....a journey, a career......journey.

My journey to BWS today is now going to be an expedition I'm so farking sick of that term.

it's the most meaningless and banal thing ever, does my head in, no wonder we're an average team, always worried about the journey and don't seem to care about the destination

it's the most meaningless and banal thing ever, does my head in, no wonder we're an average team, always worried about the journey and don't seem to care about the destination
Is that why we pick up so many journeymen from other clubs?

Cody Weightman will spend an extended period on the sidelines after injuring his elbow in the loss to Fremantle last weekend in Perth.

After suffering a reoccurrence of the injury over the past fortnight, the Club has made the decision to send the small forward into surgery.

“At the end of the first quarter, Cody flew into a marking contest and landed heavily on his left arm from a height that caused his elbow to dislocate,” Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.
“Cody has had some instability issues with the elbow in the past that we have been able to manage.

“Scans yesterday have confirmed some structural ligament damage to the elbow that we need surgically repaired to make sure that Cody isn’t compromised by ongoing issues.

“We will confirm Cody’s rehab timeline following the surgery but expect him to miss the next 8-10 weeks.”

Vice-captain Tom Liberatore is expected to return to the line-up for the Hawthorn clash after recovering from a bout of gastro in Perth.

Injury List

Tom Liberatore (illness) - Test

Nick Coffield (shoulder) - 6-8 weeks

Cody Weightman (elbow) - 8-10 weeks

Aiden O'Driscoll (concussion) - Indefinite

Bailey Smith (ACL) - Season

And on that journey, there are learnings, so many learnings.... make sure you get learnings when you're at BWS.. .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back