Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This came up in my FB feed, a much simpler way of managing concussion back in the day! 😲
(Foreman was one of my favourites at the time, got to meet him a few times at the club and in the rooms prior to a 1979 mid week night match at Waverley, very friendly character. Was disappointed he went to Essendon with Stoneham.)

View attachment 1981541

Amazing story. I was there that day, Hawks forwards had a field day.
Should have told Wayne he’s Kelvin Templeton when he went back on.

Amazing story. I was there that day, Hawks forwards had a field day.
Should have told Wayne he’s Kelvin Templeton when he went back on.

I was there too (never missed a game in those days). Don't remember much about it though, had to look it up, Templeton kicked 8 in a lone hand for us, and a young bloke by the name of Hawkins, after playing the first 6 rounds, missed this game, suspect he was dropped after 2 poor games following a promising first 4 games from debut in round 1!
(Looks like we were competitive until 3/4 time, then Hawks kicked 11 goals to 2 in the last - maybe a concussed Foreman should have stayed home!)

Vice-captain Tom Liberatore will be unavailable for selection indefinitely while the club works through a thorough process following his latest concussive episode.

As announced on Monday, the midfielder suffered a knock to the head late in Sunday’s loss to Hawthorn, which was confirmed to be concussion post-game.

With his health and wellbeing the absolute priority, the club will take the utmost caution before a return-to-play timeline is confirmed.
In other injury news, Cody Weightman has successfully undergone surgery on his injured elbow.

He will remain sidelined for at least the next 6-8 weeks.

Nick Coffield also continues to progress well in his recovery following a shoulder reconstruction in March.

Injury List

Nick Coffield (shoulder) – 5-7 weeks
Cody Weightman (elbow) – 6-8 weeks
Tom Liberatore (concussion) – Indefinite
Aiden O’Driscoll (concussion) – Indefinite
Bailey Smith (ACL) – Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back