2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

get the team song ready…… surely it cones out a few more times now.
As the person who hit play on the song, I certainly didn’t want to jinx it so I didn’t plug the aux cord into my laptop until about 25 minutes into the last quarter. But given I only started with that role at the start of 2023, I had not had to worry about doing that ever, I genuinely forgot I would have to do that until someone reminded me at 3 quarter time. Such a special win though, for how tough a time the weaker standalone clubs have, it makes these moments even more special.

Surely they have to show Coburg vs Bullants in round 13. It'll be a close game, the battle for Bell St.
May not be close at all….

Looks like Coburg are going to break a few droughts, a 23 game losing streak, and their first win over Collingwood since 2012.

First win over the pies since returning to stand alone status.

Great result for the competition
Good on Coburg, went within a kick of beating Willy a few weeks ago too.

Genuine improvement by the Burgers.

Port Melbourne over run again now sitting 0-4 the only other time that happened was in 1908 when they started the season 0-7
Heard a rumour during the week that an 'emergency' board meeting was held and if anything I'm guessing it was to do with the coach? Will another one be held after today?

Last edited:
The Burgers were magnificent today. They pressured Collingwood 100% of the match. They'll be a tough nut to crack at Piranha Park. Well done.

Attachments

• IMG20240421154235.jpg
    IMG20240421154235.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Port Melbourne over run again now sitting 0-4 the only other time that happened was in 1908 when they started the season 0-7
Lol

2022: 7-11
2023: 6-12
2024: 0-4

RDR crap = no one give a s**t about the jumper when you lead and get challenged.

And of course another function cancelled as supporter’s have left the building.

Maybe re-hire the bus and try fill that.

Never seen the club in such disarray

NickyM, where are you? Been gagged again?

Lol

RDR crap = no one give a s**t about the jumper when you lead and get challenged.

Might have to get a members and supporters protest taking place outside the Rex Hotel. They'll show up there thats for sure

Lol

Straty I say what I want when I want and I don’t need to hide behind an anonymous name 😂😂
A lot of people seem to have a lot to say but my question is are they there supporting their team week in and week out like I can say I am 🤷‍♀️
And as for the function cancelled today wasn’t just a port Melbourne function it was a Carlton home game so I guess all the AFL blow in supporters jumping on the band wagon for the VFL aren’t true suppers as they didn’t support their own function either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Straty I say what I want when I want and I don’t need to hide behind an anonymous name 😂😂
A lot of people seem to have a lot to say but my question is are they there supporting their team week in and week out like I can say I am 🤷‍♀️
And as for the function cancelled today wasn’t just a port Melbourne function it was a Carlton home game so I guess all the AFL blow in supporters jumping on the band wagon for the VFL aren’t true suppers as they didn’t support their own function either
I hear the lady on the Carlton gate was a campaigner

Big game at Genis Steel Stadium on May 4 Bullants v Port Melbourne

Both sides could potentially be winless at that point
Port will definitely need an 'emergency board meeting' if they lose to the Bullants lol

Big game at Genis Steel Stadium on May 4 Bullants v Port Melbourne

Both sides could potentially be winless at that point

Not potentially - both sides will be winless. We will put up a fight this weekend but go down by 5 goals and Preston by a similar margin. We will get our first win vs Preston. Don't question me, Marty Mcfly has given me the Almanac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back