Injury 2024 Season Geelong Cats Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any intel on project player Joe Furphy?

He was on the injury list (ankle) until very recently.
I expected to see him in the vfl Saturday but it appears he didn’t play.

What’s the story?

Does anyone have any intel on project player Joe Furphy?

He was on the injury list (ankle) until very recently.
I expected to see him in the vfl Saturday but it appears he didn’t play.

What’s the story?

From Monday training

1716217197563.png

Health update:

• SDK a test this week as he had a tight hammy
  • Jezza a test as well
  • Danger back to training no time frame given
  • Furphy over injuries and should debut in the VFL next week
  • Wiltshire a couple weeks away with a groin and broken thumb
  • Edwards a couple weeks away with a back issue.

Geelong Cats GMHBA Health Update – Round 11

PlayerInjuryTimeline
Sam De KoningHamstringTest
Jeremy CameronConcussionTBC
Joe FurphyAnkle1 week
Oli WiltshireThumb2 weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack2 weeks
Patrick DangerfieldHamstring1-3 weeks

Geelong Cats GMHBA Health Update – Round 11

PlayerInjuryTimeline
Sam De KoningHamstringTest
Jeremy CameronConcussionTBC
Joe FurphyAnkle1 week
Oli WiltshireThumb2 weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack2 weeks
Patrick DangerfieldHamstring1-3 weeks
So that makes meat tray a little difficult this week…

Also what do we read into TBC vs Test?

So that makes meat tray a little difficult this week…

Also what do we read into TBC vs Test?

Wanting to play silly buggers and keep the betting fans on their toes 😉

In all seriousness though, I think it's more to do with the injury/issue keeping them out of last round, and what's known of those issues. The following is the text from the injury report and my interpretation of it is

• SDK isn't out long term, it's all about how he gets thru training this week
  • Cameron has to work through the concussion return to play protocols & be given medical clearance. So it's not as simple as feeling right to go but the confirmation of being available and that's more unknown/indefinite when it comes to concussion

“Sammy just pulled up, after training up in Darwin last week, a bit tight, so (we took) a really conservative approach,” Johnson said.

“He will be a test this week, we’ll see how he goes at training and how he progresses, but we’re hopeful he’ll get up.”

Jeremy Cameron is also a test as he continues to work through concussion protocols following Round 9.

“He’s ticking all the boxes, getting really well looked after by our medical team,” Johnson said.

“At this stage it’s on track, but there’s still a bit to play out in terms of the protocols for the rest of the week, but we’re hopeful that ‘Jezza’ gets out there.”

Wanting to play silly buggers and keep the betting fans on their toes 😉

In all seriousness though, I think it's more to do with the injury/issue keeping them out of last round, and what's known of those issues. The following is the text from the injury report and my interpretation of it is

• SDK isn't out long term, it's all about how he gets thru training this week
  • Cameron has to work through the concussion return to play protocols & be given medical clearance. So it's not as simple as feeling right to go but the confirmation of being available and that's more unknown/indefinite when it comes to concussion

“Sammy just pulled up, after training up in Darwin last week, a bit tight, so (we took) a really conservative approach,” Johnson said.

“He will be a test this week, we’ll see how he goes at training and how he progresses, but we’re hopeful he’ll get up.”

Jeremy Cameron is also a test as he continues to work through concussion protocols following Round 9.

“He’s ticking all the boxes, getting really well looked after by our medical team,” Johnson said.

“At this stage it’s on track, but there’s still a bit to play out in terms of the protocols for the rest of the week, but we’re hopeful that ‘Jezza’ gets out there.”

Ok…so lets hope they both play…

But on my post on preview I am finding it hard to name the 4 outs (if all get up) given I don’t think they are going to manage anybody they think can help this week…

Is Bews our new MIA player?

Not listed in either team this week, nor on the injury list - his last VFL match was round 6 where he finished with just the 8 disposals

Injured or going through a mini pre-season to build into the second half of the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Bews our new MIA player?

Not listed in either team this week, nor on the injury list - his last VFL match was round 6 where he finished with just the 8 disposals

Injured or going through a mini pre-season to build into the second half of the season?

He left the ground before 1/4 time in his last VFL match (and was arguably BOG at that stage) which explains the low disposal count.
Not sure what the deal is with him at the moment though.

I get particularly nervous when the club drops that a player is injured and then says more will come out on a certain date.... why the delay?

Health update:

• Rohan will be a test
  • Stanley medial ligament in his knee a test for this week.
  • Bews ankle injury test as well
  • Danger is full training will be available for Sydney game but might be held back to after the bye
  • Guthrie achilles 1-2 weeks away
  • Edwards back issue should be right to go next week
  • Wiltshire sore thumb and groin 1-2 weeks
  • Furphey will play his first game at VFL this week.

Health update:

• Rohan will be a test
  • Danger is full training will be available for Sydney game but might be held back to after the bye
Looks like Wiltshire is odds on to win the 'Balmey' award at this year's B&F.

#oneortwoweeksaway
#likeclockwork

Health update:

• Rohan will be a test
Anyone else feel like Guthrie isn't actually injured and it's a facade while we try to get him back up to speed in a 'mini preseason'?

Wouldn't be the first time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back