Captains 2024 Round 4 VC/C

Remove this Banner Ad

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Reckon there will be a bit of variety this week, with WCE in the 4th match, Livingstone loop is before a few popular captain choices play.

Would have liked to go English vs Cats into Green vs Suns.

Think I'll end up going Gawn into Green.

EDIT: Realised I can go Heeney vs WCE into Green with Coffield loop.

I'm loving Heeney this year, and want a piece of the action against WC.

Not sure I trust him with a straight C just yet though, and honestly, I kinda prefer VCing guys against West Coast as you never know when they're going to be rested forward or even subbed (see Libba). Has a history of being a flat-track bully though, so VC is definitely his.

Heeney into Green (provided I go through with trading him in).

Max served me phenomenally well as VC last week, but ROB is a pretty good tap ruckman – I don't expect Gawn to take the piss with 50+ hitouts again.

Looking like will have to be the following. VC- Sheezel/Zerrett
C - Bont/English

English not a great scorer against cats. They tend to match up well against him with athletics big men.

Max VC.

Hard to split C duties.
Butters, Heeney, Bont.

Can we back Bont with the ankle injury cloud?
Think I'm leaning towards Heeney.

Hopefully Gawn means I don't have to pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does ROB have a good record of not giving up huge scores to opposition rucks, or am I making that up? Rings a bell...

VC Heeney
C Coffield/Bont/Daicos
He kept the superstar Jackson to 98 last week

Looking like will have to be the following. VC- Sheezel/Zerrett
C - Bont/English

English not a great scorer against cats. They tend to match up well against him with athletics big men.
If it's Stanley/Blicavs, yes. Conway is not especially athletic though, so that would be a watch for those who have him.

Definitely not keen on the Heeney pick - WC have only given up 2 120+ scores so far this year (Green and Treloar), with Butters (117) and Bont (110) the next closest. With Yeo and Kelly in there, it's hard to see another mid go absolutely nuclear against them. Would be much more inclined to go Grundy.

If I had LDU I'd be chucking the VC on him versus Brisbane, but otherwise, I'm thinking:

Grundy/Butters VC
Green C

Definitely not keen on the Heeney pick - WC have only given up 2 120+ scores so far this year (Green and Treloar), with Butters (117) and Bont (110) the next closest. With Yeo and Kelly in there, it's hard to see another mid go absolutely nuclear against them. Would be much more inclined to go Grundy.

If I had LDU I'd be chucking the VC on him versus Brisbane, but otherwise, I'm thinking:

Grundy/Butters VC
Green C

what's your thinking behind the LDU option

Grundy/Butters VC
Green C
Interesting point about the Eagles. The entire opposition team is scoring well, points have been evenly spread, instead of a monster score.

Grundy/Butters VC
Green C
Heeney is a goal kicking mid though, so could be in for a few goals too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back