Preview 2024 Pre season trial game 2 - Vs West Coast - Hisense Sat Mar 2 @2:40

Remove this Banner Ad

There is absolutely no way in hell we consider Sloane as an option on half back. It's way too important of a position, especially to a side who is built around being dominant on the outside of the contest.

If that wing spot opens us, I could see us using Sloane there. It's a role that's lost a lot of value in the last 10 years and one that all you really need is a good tank and some marking/contested ability. If you were determined to hide Sloane, well, that's the spot.

With Rankine, Laird, Dawson,Berry, Rach and others playing in the midfield, we can rotate them through half back and half forward easily. Only MCrouch is a full time midfielder because he’s to un athletic to play anywhere else. Dawson and Laird can play in the back lines and Rankine and Rash can play forward. Sloane won’t get back in unless is a sub role

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Rankine, Laird, Dawson,Berry, Rach and others playing in the midfield, we can rotate them through half back and half forward easily. Only MCrouch is a full time midfielder because he’s to un athletic to play anywhere else. Dawson and Laird can play in the back lines and Rankine and Rash can play forward. Sloane won’t get back in unless is a sub role

I think Dawson might spend a tiny bit of time in forward line but 80% mid

We can but who do you replace in the back? Those 6 plus 1 on the bench are gelling nicely and doing a pretty good job.
Of course Dawson can slot easily there but he’s probably better getting a rest on the bench then straight back into the middle, or wing which causes more headaches.
Damn for the first time in over a decade I’m getting excited about the first round of footy!

And that’s why it’s silly by Feenix to even bring him up in comparison to Berry. The rest of Berrys game is no where near the level of Petracca to bring up a kicking comparison.
I think it's relevant to say that kicking efficiency isn't an incredibly relevant stat for an inside midfielder.

Plus - Berry isn't that bad. Gets a bit underneath it, but he doesn't miss that many targets.

I think it's relevant to say that kicking efficiency isn't an incredibly relevant stat for an inside midfielder.

Plus - Berry isn't that bad. Gets a bit underneath it, but he doesn't miss that many targets.
We are talking whether Berry has what it takes to be an A grader, he doesn’t have the other weapons Petracca does to draw the comparison.

We can but who do you replace in the back? Those 6 plus 1 on the bench are gelling nicely and doing a pretty good job.
Of course Dawson can slot easily there but he’s probably better getting a rest on the bench then straight back into the middle, or wing which causes more headaches.
Damn for the first time in over a decade I’m getting excited about the first round of footy!

I think the flexibility that Nicks has created is amazing and we have so many options if things aren’t going right. We finally have a midfield that can break even with the best, which hasn’t been the case for a long time.

Def earned his right to start the season. But get him straight out after a two weeks of the crap he dished out this pre season. It’s not bed wetting. It’s having higher standards. He was horrific yesterday. Park footballer horrific.
Sorry mate not a personal go at you, I’ve seen similar posts the last couple of days.
I think 4 games would be fair as long as the rest of his game was all good.
I would be surprised if he’s played 50 games yet. We need to back in our promising young players.

I’m predicting

Dawson Laird Rankine at opening bounce 2024

Dawson and Laird are certainties, genuine interest around the 3rd though. I don't think it'll be Crouch, just too pedestrian overall. So Rankine's zip and x-factor v Berry strength in the contest. Assuming Berry is in the 22. Was Rach at opening bounce last year? He's surely in the mix too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson and Laird are certainties, genuine interest around the 3rd though. I don't think it'll be Crouch, just too pedestrian overall. So Rankine's zip and x-factor v Berry strength in the contest. Assuming Berry is in the 22. Was Rach at opening bounce last year? He's surely in the mix too.
We saw the opening bounce yesterday. It’ll be Dawson, Laird and Ranks.

last year was Laird, Berry and Rachele at opening bounce

I feel Rankine is taking Rachele minutes for now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back