MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there is the walk back by the AFL from a very clear statement preseason.

Any strike to the head, off the ball will be treated with a suspension.

Geez, they are a s**t show!!!

And yes if a carlton player had done it, i wouldn't be happy about the negligible contact but a week for stupidity is fair. Off the ball strikes are easily sanctioned!!!
Hewett got away with it

Unlike Fog, Green never raises his arms at launch or during flight towards the ball, his intent was a collision, maybe to put Boyd off or make him drop it. But if you intend to collide in that instance you've gone for a hip and shoulder and as per the rules you hit the head you're getting a week+.
Exactly, all this talk about what choice did he have, he chose to leap into a player to make contact, that's his choice!!!!!

If Boyd had been traveling at greater velocity the impact would have been more severe.

Boyd was so far ahead of Greene to the ball that Greene had no chance to get there before Boyd.

Therefore Greene chose to initiate contact and should face the consequences!!

Does anyone remember the bump that Zac Williams got suspended for in the preseason a couple of years ago against Melb I think?

From memory he got 3 weeks even though the player got up and played out the game. I would love to get the vision and compare the Greene/Boyd incident.

Whilst we are on that, lets compare the boyd tackle that got him suspended for 3 weeks and the cameron tackle which because he was a good bloke didn't get any weeks.

What a shitshow we have here with Michael Christian/tribunal/AFL house!!!

Are they just a bunch of ******* goldfish and have no idea what happens from week to week????

Hewett got away with it
Hewett's was at a stoppage (not off ball). He and Neale were niggling each other and jostling for position prior to the ball up.
Neale whacked Hewett in the guts and they both went for a chest whack at the same time.
The differences are marginal, but huge at the same time, if that makes sense.

The clown sitting in the middle of the panel in the midweek tackle program says Boyd should not have gone for that mark…it was kicked to Toby and how was he to know Boyd would kamaKaze himself towards him against flight of ball 😂😂
Sam landsberger what an absolute goose blokes got no idea that’s probably why he’s in the media

I don’t think Toby or Jesse deserved to be suspended.

If you base it on outcome, lack of damage/concussion/injury, then possibly, but we need to start moving away from outcome based penalties

The Greene on Boyd incident occurring 10 times over, could result in 10 different outcomes, from the one we saw, to concussion, or facial breaks

If a player wants to claim they are contesting a mark, then best they start extending their arms or fists, otherwise the AFL should come down hard to prevent them reoccurring

Does anyone remember the bump that Zac Williams got suspended for in the preseason a couple of years ago against Melb I think?

From memory he got 3 weeks even though the player got up and played out the game. I would love to get the vision and compare the Greene/Boyd incident.

Whilst we are on that, lets compare the boyd tackle that got him suspended for 3 weeks and the cameron tackle which because he was a good bloke didn't get any weeks.

What a shitshow we have here with Michael Christian/tribunal/AFL house!!!

Are they just a bunch of ******* goldfish and have no idea what happens from week to week????
His first game for us during the pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL always about optics and or $$$. Punch to the face, as Slobbo (god help me for agreeing) at minimum should be a fine for marginal contact and increase to games missed based on severity. Let the kiddies sitting in the goal square during Jessie's attempted jabs see that and think how cool... I'll try that at my next under 12s.

Can't help but think if Jessie played for say Pies, Geelong, Richmond etc he would've got at least a fine. Need those bums on seats and for GWS to make top 4.

The AFL had a moment to validate their pre-season rule changes and come up way short here. Would love to see Laura Kane talk her way out of this one.

If you base it on outcome, lack of damage/concussion/injury, then possibly, but we need to start moving away from outcome based penalties

The Greene on Boyd incident occurring 10 times over, could result in 10 different outcomes, from the one we saw, to concussion, or facial breaks

If a player wants to claim they are contesting a mark, then best they start extending their arms or fists, otherwise the AFL should come down hard to prevent them reoccurring
I’m not sure what Toby could have done. If someone is running back with the flight, you pretty much just have to let them have it and not contest.

I’m not sure what Toby could have done. If someone is running back with the flight, you pretty much just have to let them have it and not contest.

Toby could have attempted to mark or spoil, possibly still would have been late, but at least that's playing the ball

The tribunal is laughable.

It's like they let anyone who is a star off scott free. At this stage why wouldn't you challenge. Fair chance you'll get off no matter how obviously guilty you are.
Well that depends on who the player is and the importance of the game or games said player may miss

Upheld 👍

David Zita - Twitter

Toby Greene's suspension has been upheld. He'll miss this week's game against Brisbane’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back