Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
How has jackson tharlow fared lately? I was really hoping we took him back in the days but we didn't. I am not sure why haven't we recruited key fwd at all other than larkey.

I guess this was why all 3 recruiters got let go in 2022.
Who’s Jackson Tharlow?

Among McLennan's opponents for this year's SA vs WA State Game is Peel Thunder key defender Jacob Blight, who has emerged as one of the leading Mid-Season Draft prospects for 2024.

Since crossing from Claremont ahead of the 2023 season, Blight has been arguably the premier tall backman in the WAFL.

His form to start this year has rightfully gained interest from AFL clubs, with Blight continuing to hold interviews with clubs ahead of the Mid-Season Draft.

One club that hasn't spoken to Blight is North Melbourne, who currently hold Pick 1 for the draft and could consider adding to their key defensive stocks.

Screen-Shot-2024-04-22-at-1.43.48-pm.png

Speaking to 10 News Perth, Blight revealed the Roos are yet to show interest less than a fortnight from the draft.

"Everyone thinks North, but I actually haven't spoken to North Melbourne," the 23-year-old said.

"But there has been a handful (of interest). I had a busy week last week with interviews and I have a few more coming up as well.

"I'm just very grateful to be in this sort of position and have that recognition."

Among McLennan's opponents for this year's SA vs WA State Game is Peel Thunder key defender Jacob Blight, who has emerged as one of the leading Mid-Season Draft prospects for 2024.

Since crossing from Claremont ahead of the 2023 season, Blight has been arguably the premier tall backman in the WAFL.

His form to start this year has rightfully gained interest from AFL clubs, with Blight continuing to hold interviews with clubs ahead of the Mid-Season Draft.

One club that hasn't spoken to Blight is North Melbourne, who currently hold Pick 1 for the draft and could consider adding to their key defensive stocks.

Screen-Shot-2024-04-22-at-1.43.48-pm.png

Speaking to 10 News Perth, Blight revealed the Roos are yet to show interest less than a fortnight from the draft.

"Everyone thinks North, but I actually haven't spoken to North Melbourne," the 23-year-old said.

"But there has been a handful (of interest). I had a busy week last week with interviews and I have a few more coming up as well.

"I'm just very grateful to be in this sort of position and have that recognition."

Everyone except anyone who takes a casual interest in the KPP profile of the North Melbourne list

Please pick up a experienced key forward with our second pick, Tyler Keitel, Mitch Harvey, Hugh Dixon, Hudson Garoni. I don't care who just pick one

What sort of player is Jez roos_fanatic08 ?

Half back who is good overhead, composed and has elite decision making. Good balance between offensive and defensive game. My idea would be to take him with our 2nd pick and release Sheezel to the midfield without robbing the backline.

Did you see Mitch Harvey in the state game today? Genuinely 10-12kg overweight. Legit beer gut.
Didn't watch it, also didn't realise he was overweight. Would any of the names I mentioned be worth picking up? I also just saw that Keitel didn't kick a goal, so not a good game from him as well.

Didn't watch it, also didn't realise he was overweight. Would any of the names I mentioned be worth picking up? I also just saw that Keitel didn't kick a goal, so not a good game from him as well.

Garoni is the only one I’d give a crack, but I’d have question marks around his athleticism at the next level.

Dixon too slow and no leap. Keital has a questionable character (from all reports) and Harvey isn’t at the required fitness to even go close to getting listed.

There really is a lack of tall forwards in the state leagues. Most of the young/developing tall forwards that go undrafted end up playing locally because they don’t get extended periods of development in their VFL sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blight comes in
Allows chom to go forward

No no no no no no no...again, no.

Comben needs to be the big bodied defender to replace mackay.

Let's address backline issue first.

If everyone is available, then logue, comben, corr are picked.

pink competes for the logue position, dawson competes for the corr position.

There is no replacement for comben.

No no no no no no no...again, no.

Comben needs to be the big bodied defender to replace mackay.

Let's address backline issue first.

If everyone is available, then logue, comben, corr are picked.

pink competes for the logue position, dawson competes for the corr position.

There is no replacement for comben.

Clarko says no. And I agree, Charlie forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clarko says no. And I agree, Charlie forward

Last time he played forward, i believe his leg was in multiple pieces on top of some dislocations...

Why are we moving him around, keep him back, let him develop his body and strength plus match conditions.

50 games to develop some confidence. The fwd line will improve once the midfield gets more competetive.

We haven’t even spoken Blight, we don’t mention anything about KP defenders in the recent interview, would surprise me if we did

I don't think we will get a defender in that we are already stacked with them. Logue, comben, corr, dawson, bignoa, pink.

You could argue their ability levels, but 6 is plenty.

We need key fwd, after larkey, we have nothing.

Ideally for midseason, we get a 22 y.o key fwd who has a developed body who can present himself right away.

Who's the best ready made key forward?
Cause I want him.
Larkey desperately needs a 2nd and an undersized Toby Pink isn't the answer.
God we had him in the ruck today 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back