Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone been following the tripe, trash, garbage, excretment, that has been bandied about by the local RAGs sports editor!!
Has had death threats and more, maybe some worse than death threats,:rolleyes::rolleyes:, after all the garbage head lines and stories re what's the blokes name. Hang on gotta look at the perth now page. Oh yeah, HarleyReid.
Really the person could not have done a sports journalists degree at a University, could he?
Maybe he got it out of a Rice Crisps box.Who knows.
And surely, the photo or cartoon they have posted of him, is a caricautre, isn't it?

I'd be interested to see our win % for night games and compare to day games. We are renowned as a poor wet weather team and night games with the moisture is only one step away.

Give me Sunday arvo games if it means the team wins more!

I don’t know if it’s artificial light or moisture but both Treacy & Jackson hold more marks during day games. It’s something I’ve noticed lately.

Just wow. Caroline Wilson on Dardy and Perth. Unless I’m missing something here, she’s blaming Perth lifestyle for the tragic death View attachment 1988210
I've always thought of Caro as a pathetic Journo, one whoe deals in gossip, rumour and opinion rather than fact. More suitable for the likes of Woman's Day etc.

If true that she said this, and in correct context, this now enshrines her as just a pathetic human being.

Anyone been following the tripe, trash, garbage, excretment, that has been bandied about by the local RAGs sports editor!!
Has had death threats and more, maybe some worse than death threats,:rolleyes::rolleyes:, after all the garbage head lines and stories re what's the blokes name. Hang on gotta look at the perth now page. Oh yeah, HarleyReid.
Really the person could not have done a sports journalists degree at a University, could he?
Maybe he got it out of a Rice Crisps box.Who knows.
And surely, the photo or cartoon they have posted of him, is a caricautre, isn't it?
I think it's sad that's the best The West can do when there's so many young journalism grads who would love to be writing quality articles

Not really sure where to put it but I will put it here. On the latest Back Chat pod Montagna confirmed he does still work for the club in the Melbourne office for list management and recruiting.

Not really sure where to put it but I will put it here. On the latest Back Chat pod Montagna confirmed he does still work for the club in the Melbourne office for list management and recruiting.

Thanks - was wondering about that. Does probably put some of his generous commentary in the media each week into context / explain why he watches us a lot closer than most

On one of the Fox shows someone made a comment to Joey that he "found" Serong and was a big advocate of Freo drafting him.

Not sure Caleb was ever lost being pick 8 but anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knobel will be a very good ruckman. I only hope it’s for us.
if that be the case, i wish for a talent in return that is equivalent to the fleecing's we have received in the past. serong, cooper simpson, bhill from chris mayne, jye amiss,..etc.

what i'm opposed to is losing lachie neale and trading in players.

furthermore, i reserve the right to change my mind on the statements above.

just in case i change my mind, which may or may not happen.

200.gif

Has anyone watched that garbage midweek tackle show on Kayo?

I can't tell whether they were taking the piss or not, but they were saying that there are a number of clubs arguing that WA clubs are not disadvantaged by their travel schedule due to the fact that both teams are afforded 12 seats in business class each flight.

That cant be real.

Surely

I can't tell whether they were taking the piss or not, but they were saying that there are a number of clubs arguing that WA clubs are not disadvantaged by their travel schedule due to the fact that both teams are afforded 12 seats in business class each flight.

That cant be real.

Surely
I’ve actively avoided it. I vaguely recognise one of them so concluded that it is just another VIC bias gab feast. If that is the level of their takes then my assessment is correct.

That cant be real.

Surely
I saw the associated article pop up on twitter from the HS/Code (key points in this fox footy article btw, not missing a thing) and I have several thoughts on it that I need to get off my chest

1. Landsberger, the author of the piece from the HS who then spoke about it on Kayo spoke how there's at least 12 business class seats we and WCE have access to. There's just one key issue with that - post COVID/Virgin nearly going under, they do not have a singular plane with more than 8 business seats according to their very own website after they ****ed off their A330s

2. 8 blokes having about 4 inches more legroom cancelling out 3+ hours of travelling, give me a ****ing break. There's far better arguments to make about the travel advantage/disadvantage then that obvious crap

3. In the Codesports/HS article, he specifically mentioned Geelong as one of the clubs making this argument - they've got the best ****ing deal out of everyone. Dedicated home ground for 9 weeks, countless neutral/neutral-like games and leave the state 6 times

I saw the associated article pop up on twitter from the HS/Code (key points in this fox footy article btw, not missing a thing) and I have several thoughts on it that I need to get off my chest

1. Landsberger, the author of the piece from the HS who then spoke about it on Kayo spoke how there's at least 12 business class seats we and WCE have access to. There's just one key issue with that - post COVID/Virgin nearly going under, they do not have a singular plane with more than 8 business seats according to their very own website after they ****ed off their A330s

2. 8 blokes having about 4 inches more legroom cancelling out 3+ hours of travelling, give me a ******* break. There's far better arguments to make about the travel advantage/disadvantage then that obvious crap

3. In the Codesports/HS article, he specifically mentioned Geelong as one of the clubs making this argument - they've got the best ******* deal out of everyone. Dedicated home ground for 9 weeks, countless neutral/neutral-like games and leave the state 6 times
I think Vic Bias is often overblown but that's breathtakingly ridiculous.
The travel is the number one disadvantage we face.

At least the reporting suggests the claims are pretty far fetched.

I think Vic Bias is often overblown but that's breathtakingly ridiculous.
The travel is the number one disadvantage we face.

At least the reporting suggests the claims are pretty far fetched.
agreed, but breathlessly reporting the claims about how many seats we have access to without actually crosschecking isn't great. unless virgin have some magical plane with extra business seats on it that the general public never fly on (seems more then a little unlikely), or there's some other arrangement that fact is flat out wrong

And just when you think the VFL could not get any worse ...

“I can tell you tonight that some clubs are arguing that the WA clubs are not disadvantaged by the travel burdens they’ve taken on,” Landsberger told the Midweek Tackle.

“This is extraordinary to me, but they believe that under the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement), the WA clubs — they’re afforded 12 business class seats for every flight to and from the Eastern Seaboard — therefore they’re at no disadvantage for the travel burdens they take on each year.”

“That surprised me,” Landsberger continued. “But under the competitive balance review being put forward, there is a strong argument from some clubs saying they cannot have a whinge about the travel burden because they get to sit up the front of the plane.

“The other 16 clubs, they try and secure exit-row seating, they try and put two players in every three chairs to get a bit of extra space. They don’t believe that WA clubs are disadvantaged.

“I think that’s a pretty tough argument to make, but that has been put forward as part of this review.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back