Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In light of all the over the top celebration of Gather Round (looking at you Whately) - I hope the WA clubs are absolutely breathing fire down the neck of the AFL regarding an extra home game next year. Absolutely a joke if the SA teams get an extra game at home as the result of a novelty round.

I agree Gather round evens up the SA clubs travelling disadvantage but does nothing for the WA clubs. Just as a guide how our travel schedule disadvantages us, this year we will spend more than twice as much time flying as actually playing!?!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gary Lyon on The Couch banging on about Carlton’s ‘special midfield group’…

Excuse me wot:

View attachment 1954165
On the Couch used to be reasonably interesting now it’s 50 minutes of carping on about Melbourne and Collingwood and 10 minutes of filler. Buckley talks alot but doesn’t actually say anything. Lyon and Brown say the same rubbish over multiple formats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Lyon on The Couch banging on about Carlton’s ‘special midfield group’…

Excuse me wot:

View attachment 1954165

Walsh is an absolute gun and injured but outside of him and Cripps there’s no one above average in that midfield. That’s why our midfield smashed them on Saturday- player for player we’re far better and I don’t think we’re even that good tbh. There’s plenty of teams with better midfields in the competition- we’re still a bit young in there to be amongst the best.

They’ve got some stars Carlton for sure but their bottom ten players is absolutely dogsh** for a team that’s supposedly a premiership contender.

Just watched the “Gather round means test” on YouTube, Kingy reviewing the game with Whateley. Gave a good nod to Serong, Fyfe and Sharp and his “wingman ship”, said it was a good game to watch. That was about the only positive, pretty much highlighted our errors and that we might ru the loss come end of season, if we want to play that brand of footy it has to be better than the rest bla bla bla, then spent most of the segment talking up how Carlton have grown, evolved… “they’re not the team they were 2 years ago”. Vossy this and Vossy that, a bit of balance is all that’s needed.

Definitely not a fan of JL!

Jeez he would have been hilarious to watch had we knocked em off 😆😁

Last edited:
Just watched the “Gather round means test” on YouTube, Kingy reviewing the game with Whateley. Gave a good nod to Serong, Fyfe and Sharp and his “wingman ship”, said it was a good game to watch. That was about the only positive, pretty much highlighted our errors and that we might ru the loss come end of season, if we want to play that brand of footy it has to be better than the rest bla bla bla, then spent most of the segment talking up how Carlton have grown, evolved… “they’re not the team they were 2 years ago”. Vossy this and Vossy that, a bit of balance is all that’s needed.

Definitely not a fan of JL!

Jeez he would have been hilarious to watch had we knocked em off 😆😁
It's so hilarious. We were ahead for the large chunk of the game and Carlton needed the umpires to get them over the line, yet somehow Carlton are the bench mark of the competition and freo and nowhere near it. Voss was comfortably outcoached and their midfield was destroyed. We lost it more than they won it.

It's so hilarious. We were ahead for the large chunk of the game and Carlton needed the umpires to get them over the line, yet somehow Carlton are the bench mark of the competition and freo and nowhere near it. Voss was comfortably outcoached and their midfield was destroyed. We lost it more than they won it.
We need to be better end of story. Only way we win a flag is to be 3-4 goals up on the opposition with 5min.
remaining.
Guaranteed to lose a close one again, so we have to be the best.
Defensive footy, or trying to hold on to a lead means we have already lost.

Showed the league how to shut them down too. Sides that can better score from clearance will belt them like that.

Nice, was disappointed that we didn't have a game scheduled at our 2nd home this year

We play well there but whole concept is complete horse shit.

“We’ll give Geelong a real home ground advantage only against 3 clubs, the rest can play at the MCG”

Just **** off already

This ******* league

When we ever win a flag, I am going scorched Earth all over this site with the amount of ****ing bullshit the AFL shoves down our throat. How is this published like it’s a normal thing? Either they can host a home final or they can’t, the team they play can’t mean anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back