List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know anything about him myself so just checked and found this.some nice skills

Had a lot of injuries so boom or bust I’d say but I’m interested and big upside. Our genius list managers didn’t leave a MSD spot open and refuse to play the bloke we kept on the list instead. Might appeal to the Crows if he gets past everyone else. What will Hamish do!?

Had a lot of injuries so boom or bust I’d say but I’m interested and big upside. Our genius list managers didn’t leave a MSD spot open and refuse to play the bloke we kept on the list instead. Might appeal to the Crows if he gets past everyone else. What will Hamish do!?
I’ve no idea about this guy, but boom/bust is exactly the strategy we should be going for in the MSD, given the absolute state of our list.

If we've had a chat to Errol Gulden, who we clearly would have known is rusted onto Sydney, then surely we've had a chat to Bailey Smith.

We could certainly offer the coin, and security of lengthy contract, as well as the prospect of working with Burgess..

Same goes with Liam Baker, i'd be terribly disappointed if we weren't in his ear. I think we have more coin that Eagles or Freo, and are building a team arguably more competitive than either. WC a basket case atm, and Freo will always be a yo-yo team in terms of performance.

If we've had a chat to Errol Gulden, who we clearly would have known is rusted onto Sydney, then surely we've had a chat to Bailey Smith.

We could certainly offer the coin, and security of lengthy contract, as well as the prospect of working with Burgess..

Same goes with Liam Baker, i'd be terribly disappointed if we weren't in his ear. I think we have more coin that Eagles or Freo, and are building a team arguably more competitive than either. WC a basket case atm, and Freo will always be a yo-yo team in terms of performance.
Smith is not a nice boy and doesn't want to leave mummy.

I agree that we should be going hard at Baker: he would add the most to our side in terms of matchwinning impact.
However, that ship may have sailed.

When is crouch out of contract?

I honest think north should be chasing him, big body, hard worker and proven performer (even if he is limited).

He can get the Inside ball while the younger kids develop. Would do a lot better than some of their current leaders, god they are a mess.

I'd give them a pick after the first round, 1 after the second and another start of third. But they'd be forced to trade for players above an age/games played requirenent. No dodgies with picks coming back, straight swaps only.

North have focussed on building their midfield, but have ignored the rest of the side with their high picks. They will have an amazing group of on ballers, but the worst defence in the league. They will struggle to push too far up the ladder until they improve their defence significantly.

That can be done with garbage picks though. What's your view of our KPD group?

That can be done with garbage picks though. What's your view of our KPD group?
It definitely can, but it will take them time and your chances of finding an entire backline of good players in junk and rookie picks is slim. You still want to add a couple of high picks in there to build around.

We have done really well to find Murray, Keane and Butts with low picks or DFA's. We have also added Michalanney, Worrell and now Curtin with first or 2nd round picks.

We’d be crazy not to attack FA - If we can lure Hayward and Perryman that’ll be huge as they can replace Jones and McHenry then draft a mid.

Don't care who we get with FA or later picks, but if we're not using our firsts on mids then we'll be stuffed for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet he didn't think he'd be a permanent half back then though and I'm sure Port promised him plenty of midfield time, pre-JHF
Sorry, I wasn't a fly on the wall in those discussions .....and those discussions were whilst JHF was already at the Club

One player I think the club should look at as we'd potentially be able to possibly get back cheaply is Ladhams.

Sydney might want some return on their investment, but he's not getting a game now that Grundy is there so they may just be happy to dump his salary.

He's an upgrade on ROB and if he can get his discipline issues sorted out he could be a really handy cheap pick up.

6yrs for Andrew McGrath is silly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back