• McDonald

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 120 64.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

looking forward to watching him up close tomorrow night for 4 quarters. Early days I felt he was a bit untidy with his kicking after exploding from stoppages.
But hard to argue he fits into our mid group very well.

Would defo have gulden a bit better though. Agree he’s not top 10 in the comp. He’s probably top 25 and similar to Serong.

On that point - who is most likely of our players to become a top 10 player in the comp? We don’t have one yet IMO.

It’s Hayden young for me

It's one of those things that's hard to measure. Does winning a Brownlow make you the best player in the comp? Heeney is currently favourite and Serong is the 4th favourite. If we win tonight and Serong is BOG he'll be the second favourite for the brownlow tomorrow morning.

It’s an incredibly hard sell for anyone non-WA and actually a star player.

There’s only 1 real selling point and that’s the opportunity to be a part of history in the clubs first flag. For that to be a selling point you’d need to finish incredibly high or have an upwards trajectory that looks very capable of being in a ‘window.’

Drafting them and keeping them is one thing. Luring? Who was the last non-WA star or even semi star player that we have attracted?

I honestly can’t recall off the top of my head.

Croad and Tarrant and both were underwhelming.

You need to let the Smith thing die.

Why?

I said this before but I'm taking Smith & Lukosius over the 3 names in the poll combined. I want to win flags not perinnially narrow in on romantacizing over WA talent and bringing them home. Baker and Warner don't even want to come to Freo!

Why?

I said this before but I'm taking Smith & Lukosius over the 3 names in the poll combined. I want to win flags not perinnially narrow in on romantacizing over WA talent and bringing them home. Baker and Warner don't even want to come to Freo!
Wait, you actually think Smith, the dude he got a doctors note to stay in Vic, is more likely to want to come than Baker or Warner? The best you could do is a draw at 0%.

Smith also wouldn't choose us on football terms because he's no lock as a midfielder which is apparently one of the issues he has at the dogs.

And it's not romanticising, it's being realistic about who we can actually attract.

Croad was really the only one I thought of, but from memory he wasn’t exactly included in the deal. Wasn’t he in surgery and came out as a Freo player!?

Tarrant is fair.

Modra was twilight years.

A player has to agree to a trade, so Croad must have signed paperwork allowing a potential trade pre-surgery hoping that he'd come out of anaesthetic still a Hawk.

Why?

Why would Lukosius want to come to WA? Either he stays at GC or moves home to SA?

He's also very laconic, reminds me of Sam Sturt.

A player has to agree to a trade, so Croad must have signed paperwork allowing a potential trade pre-surgery hoping that he'd come out of anaesthetic still a Hawk.

I’m sure there’s more to it, but I do recall him not exactly choosing Freo. So yes, an agreement he could be traded but I don’t think he picked Freo as such.

Happy to be completely wrong. It’s just how I recall that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Lukosius want to come to WA? Either he stays at GC or moves home to SA?

Except Sturt didn't kick 39 goals last year. He has bucket loads of talent but is being misused by Hardwick.

Why does Ben Ainsworth’s name never come up as a potential target for Freo - half forward, right age bracket, RFA. Not the biggest goal kicker but would improve list

Why?

I thought Smith was just a meme for you, now I'm legit confused. Smith is not leaving Vic and he's one of the worst kicks I've seen

Except Sturt didn't kick 39 goals last year. He has bucket loads of talent but is being misused by Hardwick.
Hey Gaskin I hope life is treating you well. As a South Fremantle fan I was wondering your thoughts on Isiah Winder. I have a friend who's son plays colts at South Freo saying word around the club is the Dockers are watching him closely and asking about how he is doing off the field with the view to potentially get him as a MSD draft pick on a 6 month contract.

He was apparently delisted (by the Eagles) due to off field issues (including an incident where he payed $1500 after a minor assault conviction) but has impressed with his willingness to help juniors and support indigenous youngsters since being at South Freo.

Do you think he could contribute at afl level. He certainly has talent.

Hey Gaskin I hope life is treating you well. As a South Fremantle fan I was wondering your thoughts on Isiah Winder. I have a friend who's son plays colts at South Freo saying word around the club is the Dockers are watching him closely and asking about how he is doing off the field with the view to potentially get him as a MSD draft pick on a 6 month contract.

He was apparently delisted (by the Eagles) due to off field issues (including an incident where he payed $1500 after a minor assault conviction) but has impressed with his willingness to help juniors and support indigenous youngsters since being at South Freo.

THIS would be an exceptional use of the MSD from us. Here is 6 months mate, we arent holding your hand but your talented, now prove you want it. Addresses a need while doesnt really clog a list spot, high reward, no risk

McDonald was the one I was not sure about.

Bringing in Winder as the 2nd MSD selection for 6 months would be great.

True high reward, low risk move.
Even as our only pick if it’s not in the top 7-10, our list is stacked at the moment so none of this 18 months to prove yourself that most MSD draftees get, just 6 to show us your better than our 36th player.

James Aish went from QLD to Victoria, then to WA. Neale went from WA to QLD.

South Australians are professionals

He has had a great start to the season and has built into it nicely. My only query is where do we plan on playing him? If it is through the middle then I don't see who he dislodges from the side. He has pace and goal kicking ability which we need but his all round general game is not better than our current mids that I have seen so far. I think if we were to put him on a wing or half-forward with stints in the midfield he could be very dangerous.

He is undoubtedly a great low risk/high reward option if we were to take him and taking my Sowfs hat off I wouldn't be against it even though I think we should look for a small forward in the MSD. I may be off with my comparison but I see him as sort of Young-lite with more pace. There is undeniably a bucket full of untapped talent there but I question whether he would be better suited spending the year at South and being taken in the draft at the end of the year rather than in the MSD.

Back