• McDonald

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought Serong had enough weapons but the Neale comparisons are getting uncanny. Any of him, Jackson and I suppose anything could happen with Young whose midfield growth is pretty spectacular at the moment
Yeah Serong probably the safest bet to become what Neale has been.
It’s less likely but young could become like the Bont if he keeps going.

As good as Neale is, the Bont is better at his best.
Exciting though to have both.
If Jackson has a really good game tomorrow now without Darcy, imagine the jungle drums around the Sean Darcy partnership.
Kane cornes will be all over it next week!

Yeah Serong probably the safest bet to become what Neale has been.
It’s less likely but young could become like the Bont if he keeps going.

As good as Neale is, the Bont is better at his best.
Exciting though to have both.
If Jackson has a really good game tomorrow now without Darcy, imagine the jungle drums around the Sean Darcy partnership.
Kane cornes will be all over it next week!
There’s only one Bont but, Young could be Bont-lite but he’ll likely go down as one of the best players to never win a Brownlow, don’t think Young has THAT high a ceiling. Neale types more common but Serong is shaping up very very well and if he finds a way to hit the scoreboard…

Definitely going to be interesting with Jackson tomorrow, the whole season seems likes it’s going to be hard because I’m pretty sure Darcy isnt getting above 80% of his best this year. Needs an offseason really

There’s only one Bont but, Young could be Bont-lite but he’ll likely go down as one of the best players to never win a Brownlow, don’t think Young has THAT high a ceiling. Neale types more common but Serong is shaping up very very well and if he finds a way to hit the scoreboard…

Definitely going to be interesting with Jackson tomorrow, the whole season seems likes it’s going to be hard because I’m pretty sure Darcy isnt getting above 80% of his best this year. Needs an offseason really

Young’s rate of improvement has been staggering.

He’s only been a mid for about 12 games or so.
Young has the leg to start being a real scoring threat.

Warner has that scoring attitude, despite being less tidy by foot

Young’s rate of improvement has been staggering.

He’s only been a mid for about 12 games or so.
Young has the leg to start being a real scoring threat.

Warner has that scoring attitude, despite being less tidy by foot

What surprised me is his right foot.

As a defender, you did not see it but it is almost as good as his left.

Will complement Brayshaw, and Serong so well with his size.

What surprised me is his right foot.

As a defender, you did not see it but it is almost as good as his left.

Will complement Brayshaw, and Serong so well with his size.
I agree - his kicking off both feet, whilst clearly good when in defence, was nowhere near as prominent or impactful as it is when he is playing midfield.

I am a bit uncomfortable talking about Warner and Serong in the same sentence like they are on the same level.

One of them is an All Australian, soon to be dual AA, rising star winner, club B&F champion and Brownlow fancy - the other is Chad Warner.

Both are from the same draft and the same age and have had equal opportunity to develop. They are both very good players.

But Caleb Serong has the athletic capability to deliver the game impact more frequently.

Now Caleb has played about a year's more AFL footy so I think there's scope for Chad to grow similarly over a year to be where Caleb is now, but for now they are not the same.

I appreciate the example used wasn't directly suggesting they are the same.

Walls comments today COULD be read as a direction contradiction to this opinion to be honest
Reads like he has had some training as you say and has been tracking well at the crown poker table.

We will certainly ask the question as there have been rumours about Warner. Will be an expensive trade and Sydney hold all the cards, so I feel more likely that Sydney hold firm like they have done many times before.

He was very coy when talking about Baker and almost went back to saying too much.

Serong is better than Chad, goals and all. But Chad does stuff our other mids can't do which is why I want him. Was also one of the few who stepped up in the GF. Can never have too many blokes like that.

Walls owes us some non WA talent that's supposed to come over

I think Bell promised it

Well Draper put it on the map in that podcast that Dogs players want out.

I took that as Bont -> Freo.

Walls owes us some non WA talent that's supposed to come over

I think Bell promised it
It’s an incredibly hard sell for anyone non-WA and actually a star player.

There’s only 1 real selling point and that’s the opportunity to be a part of history in the clubs first flag. For that to be a selling point you’d need to finish incredibly high or have an upwards trajectory that looks very capable of being in a ‘window.’

Drafting them and keeping them is one thing. Luring? Who was the last non-WA star or even semi star player that we have attracted?

I honestly can’t recall off the top of my head.

It’s an incredibly hard sell for anyone non-WA and actually a star player.

There’s only 1 real selling point and that’s the opportunity to be a part of history in the clubs first flag. For that to be a selling point you’d need to finish incredibly high or have an upwards trajectory that looks very capable of being in a ‘window.’

Drafting them and keeping them is one thing. Luring? Who was the last non-WA star or even semi star player that we have attracted?

I honestly can’t recall off the top of my head.
Modra?
Or Tarrant.

If you want to use the media definition of star, Aish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modra, Tarrant, Croad. They were all pushed. The last two were unfulfilled talents and Modra was 29 when he started for us in an age when 30 is today's 34 for star players.

Even WC for all their money and power have never traded in a genuine A grader in their prime from Vic or SA. You could argue their record is worse they've hardly even had a crack at it.
Modra?
Or Tarrant.

If you want to use the media definition of star

Yeah if you take Wallsy on face value while reading between the lines (does that make sense?), then he's very obviously suggesting we are trying to splash the cash (picks) on someone that would actually take 2-3 firsts to move.

Unless its something left field like Neale to the Lions, there are only a handful of players that are feasible.

#chadlocked

Back