• McDonald

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's see if we can get another mini draft player in who does nothing for us! Might as well go for the set with brad crouch

I was referring to Drapers game on Curnow in his 1st couple of games getting pulled apart minute by minute in the Peel thread

It was just an example

Settle down defender of the faith

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
My comments on Draper were indicating an area for him to improve. Yes I cited an example of a mistake n the game. It was not a terrible mistake just an opportunity to highlight my point.

For the record and I said this in my post, Draper has been outstanding. I also love the fact that he is careful. My comments were in response to someone stating he has had a total of four turnovers. The area of his game that he could improve is willingness to take more risk. This will come with more experience.

Regardless of all this when Cox is fit I fully expect Draper to drop to Peel.

Agree I’ve never said freo should throw him $800k and a first rounder.

He fits a need.

If he’s cheap and freo can keep him fit he’s definitely in the most talented 7 forwards at the club.
A wise man once said 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard'. I don't think Martin has really ever shown a consistent work ethic.

I like the version of the future where Sydney don't want to lose Hayward for the sort of compensation they will get, so they want to match the bid, meaning they deal for McDonald and Warner in the first week of the trade period so they have the cash to match the bid - forcing Carlton to trade their first round pick for him.

Then they go nuts and buy players.

I think with the resurgence and rise of Treacy I think we can rule out Logan McDonald as a trade target, save the draft picks unless we can somehow shoehorn our way into a position to trade in Shai Bolton.

Agree I’ve never said freo should throw him $800k and a first rounder.

He fits a need.

If he’s cheap and freo can keep him fit he’s definitely in the most talented 7 forwards at the club.
I can’t think of too many players that seem to be diametrically opposed to what our coach values in a forward than Jack Martin. Mercurial, talented, inconsistent, not known for tackling and forward pressure?
He’s just not a JL type. Liam Baker certainly is though.

Only to you plebs and he hasnt anything new anyway, trust, just an odd timing thing
Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

Jack Martin will be 30 at the beginning of next year. I'd rather be play Jack Delean tbh. And hopefully we will recruit a small/medium forward with one of our first rounders this year.

With Will Powell being suspended for 5 weeks .. it may be opportune to approach GC a very good wing option as trade option .. Claremont boy.. Freo culture will be the best environment for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See my post above. I’m not saying it should have happened. But it could, very easily.
Also it’s not unprecedented to not match a bid. Sydney declined to match a bid from the Dogs on Josh Dunkley in the 2015 draft. Yes it’s rare but it happens.
History suggests it should happen more often. If Henry had been bid on at pick 5, should we have given up one of young or Serong for him? Of course not.
There has to be a point the price is considered too big.
Was talking to a dockers assistant coach there on the night ablut this. Henry was a 15 heavily leaning towards 20 player - we knewit and carlton knew it. But they were pissed at us for young so bid on him early. In hindsight….

Was talking to a dockers assistant coach there on the night ablut this. Henry was a 15 heavily leaning towards 20 player - we knewit and carlton knew it. But they were pissed at us for young so bid on him early. In hindsight….
In hindsight my arse. If we knew it, hindsight doesn't come into it
Should never have bid on the ponce

It seems very petty for a team to be upset with a club picking a player ahead of them - but I think I remember Carlton was ready to do a pick swap with Adelaide before the draft to select Young. However we made it out to Adelaide that we'd pick Fisher McAsey with one of our picks, so Adelaide balked on the deal with the Blues. Carlton may have been pissed about that.

We were very lucky with how our picks landed on draft day. There were rumours we were very keen on Dylan Stephens and Lachie Ash. Thankfully they went ahead of us, and Serong and Young landed on our laps.

Fremantle list manager David Walls discusses Logan McDonald, Liam Baker, trade strategy and Andrew Brayshaw’s contract​

Six months ago, Fremantle was preparing to make a play for Logan McDonald. But as the club prepares to get a first-hand look at the Sydney spearhead on Friday night, they’ve made a surprise concession about his status, writes ELIZA REILLY.

Fremantle doesn’t expect Logan McDonald to be available at the end of the season as the club prepares to get a first-hand look at the Sydney spearhead on Friday night at Optus Stadium.

Armed with three first round picks in this year’s draft after trading for Port Adelaide and Collingwood’s selections, many expected the Dockers to make a play for the West Australian, who has kicked 17 goals this year.

But that possibility now appears remote given that McDonald has commenced contract talks with the Swans. The Dockers are also no longer as desperate for a key forward thanks to the rapid emergence of Josh Treacy, who has kicked 18 goals to date including a career-high bag of four against Richmond on Sunday, in attack.

It puts Fremantle in a vastly different position than six months ago when the Dockers were preparing to make a play for McDonald. And while the 22-year-old is yet to officially put pen to paper, Fremantle list manager David Walls conceded that McDonald is unlikely to leave the Swans.

The Dockers don’t expect the WA product to be available.

“(There’s) not an expectation that he’ll be available,” Walls told CODE Sports. “We’re unsure.

“We track most players in the comp but obviously put an emphasis on West Australians.

“I don’t think he’s made a decision yet but I’m unaware and don’t have any expectations that he would request a trade.”

It means that the Dockers can turn their focus to wooing Richmond vice-captain Liam Baker back home to Western Australia.

Fremantle has reportedly tabled a five-year deal to secure the premiership player’s services. But Walls said it was a matter of whether the 26-year-old wanted to return home.

“Obviously he’s a very good, experienced player,” he said. “If he decided that he wanted to come home, we’d want to be right there and put our hat in the ring.

“We don’t know what’s happening. We’ll track him but we don’t know at this stage.”

Five months out from this year’s trade period and in possession of a trio of prized first round selections, Walls said that the Dockers would keep an open mind on how to make best use of their capital. But he hinted that the trade doors that the picks opened may be too good to refuse.

“We’re not going to commit to anything,” he said. “We’ll explore everything.

“It could be that we trade all three. It could be that we use all three in the draft or it could be a combination of both. We’re looking at everything and we’ll do our best to get the club the best result from the three.

“It’s a nice position to be in. There are players out there and we’ve got the capital and collateral to do it. There may not be another year when you have three first round picks to be able to get a fair bit done at the trade table.

“We’ve got a lot of guys developing on the list but we’ve got to make sure that with the three picks, what we add is what we need.”

Fremantle also expects to kick off contract negotiations with vice-captain Andrew Brayshaw in the near future. The 24-year-old is out of contract and due to become a free agent at the end of next year but Walls says Brayshaw isn’t going anywhere.

“We’re always chatting with his management,” he said. “Andy has said that he’s not going anywhere and he’s committed.

“We’ve had chats. But it’s more about the timeline on when we’ll get to it and get it done.

“It’s still early in the season when he’s got a year and a half to run. We’re on the same page. We haven’t opened up official negotiations but we’ve agreed to a timeline for it.”

Back