List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think Wilmot could one day transition into a mid (not wing)?

I think he's a lock as a half back and has potential for AA in that position but his different skill set and line breaking ability around stoppage might compliment WAshcroft, Marshall, Annable types further down the track.

I have noticed Wilmot is able to navigate well in traffic, really good with overhead handballs or releasing a player who's in a better position while going forward. There are occasional glimpses like a standing vertical leap and then grabbing the ball with single arm and bringing it down, almost Brennan-like. He does things which you can't teach and he is quite creative in traffic. Not sure about full time mid unless he goes in there, coz my rose tinted glasses are remembering just the high points and not the ones where he struggled.

Last edited:

Will Lester still be in the 18 when Doedee is fit again next season?
Yes. The likelihood of Doedee getting back to any semblance of form pre two ACLs or even at Lester’s current form Is extremely low if not unlikely. It honestly surprises me that many seem to think that after what Doedee has endured after about two years out of the game when he is fit in 25 that he’ll just naturally return to form. I just don’t see it.

I was going to say Cam Zurhaar (RFA) would be an upgrade on Cam Rayner.... I checked their career stats on Footywire and they are very similar, stats aren't everything but I didn't expect that, to the eye Zurhaar seems substantially better, at least to my eye. :tonguewink:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=20&type=A&pid1=6407&pid2=6472&fid1=C&fid2=C
It will be bloody hypocritical if Zurhaar bails North after his antics when JHF left. I’d expect he’ll be quite the laughing stock if he were to leave. He’s kind of made his bed on that one.

It will be bloody hypocritical if Zurhaar bails North after his antics when JHF left. I’d expect he’ll be quite the laughing stock if he were to leave. He’s kind of made his bed on that one.
I don't think it would stop him from moving if he got a really good offer, Kangaroo players would probably be miffed but the players from the club he went to wouldn't care less, he'd be welcomed with open arms IMO.

Really hope we're not, personally.

Still not sure what he'd bring as a point of difference.

If we were, at least we don't have to trade I guess? :shrug: (although I'd rather bank the $$$ and go shopping next year).
I think his inconsistency would make Rayner look dependable.

I don't think Ainsworth would be expensive and I would like to see how he went in a good system, not the broken one he's been in his whole career.

That's a very big call.
I think the grass is always greener with some when it comes to opposition players, and browner when it comes to our whipping boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the grass is always greener with some when it comes to opposition players, and browner when it comes to our whipping boys.
Yeah no doubt. But we cut our half forwards a lot of slack on this board at times and Ainsworth would be no worse for inconsistency of impact. As for out right talent... thats open for debate. Mongrel and effort though I'll take him any day.

Yeah no doubt. But we cut our half forwards a lot of slack on this board at times and Ainsworth would be no worse for inconsistency of impact. As for out right talent... thats open for debate. Mongrel and effort though I'll take him any day.

I think we’ve got enough half forwards anyway. Probably too many. I’m not sure it’s a position of great need.

I think we’ve got enough half forwards anyway. Probably too many. I’m not sure it’s a position of great need.

Do we though? Both Charlie and Linc are getting on and there is no guarantee Linc even comes back. Charlie seems like he’s lost pace and has been a bit of a liability for a while now. Zorko as another option is just about retired as well. I think it is going to be one an area of need very quickly.

Do we though? Both Charlie and Linc are getting on and there is no guarantee Linc even comes back. Charlie seems like he’s lost pace and has been a bit of a liability for a while now. Zorko as another option is just about retired as well. I think it is going to be one an area of need very quickly.
Zorko hasn't really been playing there this season. Even if you discounted Rayner then there's Bailey, Ah Chee, Lohmann and I suspect we'll see Lashcroft play there next year. I could even see Answerth playing there as a defensive forward at some point. And that's not even considering Morris and Lloyd who aren't exactly stereotypical key forwards.

Charlie is the hardest to replace, but Ainsworth isn't that type of player.

This fellow sounds promising. I wonder if we'd give him a look.

And then, the young Stanley Waistcoat took centre stage.

The 19-year-old prodigy put on a master class in contested marking, seemingly defying gravity as he soared to pluck the ball from the sky time and time again.

Waistcoat was instrumental in setting up his own goals and those of his teammates, marking the impossible and landing four major goals himself in a blistering quarter.

“Waistcoat showed what he is capable of today,” said Sherwood coach Brett McEvoy.

“He is only 19. Today was a performance we knew would come from him eventually. He has been building as a player this season and is always very exciting to watch.”
(bonus mention of Richy too!)

Waistcoat is from Tennant Creek and seems to have already played in several leagues (including WAFL colts) by the age of 19.

Zurhaar must be in the same boat as LDU, they're at their peaks and they want to play finals. If North chose deep rebuild as well as give the bigger contracts to the upcoming players - Sheezel extended for 6 I reckon - maybe they'll start thinking their future lies elsewhere.

This fellow sounds promising. I wonder if we'd give him a look.

(bonus mention of Richy too!)

Waistcoat is from Tennant Creek and seems to have already played in several leagues (including WAFL colts) by the age of 19.

Awesome. this is the type of roughies I'm hoping we try with our 4 picks.

Zorko hasn't really been playing there this season. Even if you discounted Rayner then there's Bailey, Ah Chee, Lohmann and I suspect we'll see Lashcroft play there next year. I could even see Answerth playing there as a defensive forward at some point. And that's not even considering Morris and Lloyd who aren't exactly stereotypical key forwards.

You are kind of making my point for me though. Cameron is how far from the end in reality? For a guy his age who is already showing signs of slowing down, his one strength is disappearing. Linc is sadly probably a write off. Rayner is not a banker in any position unfortunately, Bailey and Lohmann look great and so does Ah Chee but he has been a Mr. Fixit his whole career and really, is the perfect sub. And as good as Lohmann looks, he is still very inexperienced. After these blokes, you are looking at inexperienced / untested / unproven youth. Ainsworth helps to fill a gap between the older blokes and the unknown.

Next year, you could look at a forward line of:
Daniher, Hippy, Cameron, Bailey, Lohmann, Ainsworth with Rayner on the bench. You then have Morris, Ah Chee, LAshcroft who could all potentially play there / rotate through. And if we are being honest, while it will never happen, Morris could conceivably replace Hipwood at times and again, Daniher is starting to get on.

All I'm really saying is, Ainsworth would fill a need that is going a bit unnoticed at present.

Awesome. this is the type of roughies I'm hoping we try with our 4 picks.
I wonder if we could get him on a 6 month contract, then leave his roster spot free through the national draft to allow for an extra pick, then grab him again in the rookie draft. He sounds like a kid with a lot of potential, but he might be too raw to crack the seniors before the end of the season.

I feel like a fast small forward to replace Charlie is something that can be replaced from almost anywhere in the draft or even rookie draft. Its not something you have to use a high draft pick or trade for necessarily. Teams like Richmond have gone and found plenty of them over the years. Also I reckon that later draft/rookies are more often willing to play the team pressure role more than the high profile guys.

Its definitely a need for us to find another proper fast small forward in the short term

Back