List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You lost me there. That is what players play for.

IMO, if you had a vote of bottom 4 club players asking "would you leave home for 3 months to have a genuine shot at a flag '"the yes vote would win, handsomely.
Generally I agree with the discussion that it is much harder to get a player to move interstate especially when have young family or very close. But at the same time its much easier to convince someone who is on the edge of a team and not playing for a short 3 month stint at their dream especially a team with a chance at the flag. Playing AFL level is better for most of them than sitting in the 2s

It has been reported today on sportsday and also John Ralph’s new show on fox that Jack McCrae could be on the outer at the Bulldogs and set to spend a lot of time in the VFL. Is he the sort of mid we might be interested in, not sure on his age or what he might be worth.

It has been reported today on sportsday and also John Ralph’s new show on fox that Jack McCrae could be on the outer at the Bulldogs and set to spend a lot of time in the VFL. Is he the sort of mid we might be interested in, not sure on his age or what he might be worth.
Don't mind him but he turns 30 later this year, if he came cheap and we were confident in his body standing up for 2-3 seasons may be worth a stab... also depends on who else is out there we may want, we are building an impressive list of trade ins.

Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale, Joe Daniher, Lincoln McCarthy, Josh Dunkley, Tom Doedee.. 2025 ??

Don't mind him but he turns 30 later this year, if he came cheap and we were confident in his body standing up for 2-3 seasons may be worth a stab... also depends on who else is out there we may want, we are building an impressive list of trade ins.

Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale, Joe Daniher, Lincoln McCarthy, Josh Dunkley, Tom Doedee.. 2025 ??
Not sure he would help the defensive run of our midfield.

Don’t rate him

Definitely, he is an elite footballer, if our due diligence results were positive and he was at the right price he'd be fantastic.
He would be relatively cheap to trade for, because he has another 5 years left on his contract after this season, at ~$1m per.

Only way Melbourne get rid of him, is if he ****s up again.

Carro was basically calling him a cancer in the dressing room, on The Age “Real Footy Podcast” this week.

Last edited:
He would be relatively cheap to trade for, because he has another 5 years left on his contract after this season, at ~$1m per.

Carro was basically calling him a cancer in the dressing room, on The Age “Real Footy Podcast” this week.
Did Carro expand on why? Is it drug related?

Mmm sounds enticing. Giving up $1m+ in cap space we likely don’t have for a guy who is a cultural plague. Where do we sign up?

Mmm sounds enticing. Giving up $1m+ in cap space we likely don’t have for a guy who is a cultural plague. Where do we sign up?
Fev 2: The Claytoning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe if we do the announcement at Sea World instead of Wet n Wild things will turn out different
Should go Dreamworld, nothing bad ever happens there.

We would need to have a set of Shrewd Fages memes ready to go to counteract the tsunami of Crazy Fages' ones that would inevitably pour forth.

One would naturally hope that one's club was not run by desperate idiots and so would assume, contrary to all appearances and historical symmatries, that such an arrangement would be to our good.

To misquote... those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it ... those who do are doomed to watch helplessly while those who don't get on with the carnage 😞

High risk but extremely high reward to go for Oliver. If we were genuinely confident we could turn him around, he’s 100% be worth it. Big if but absolutely worth pondering.

High risk but extremely high reward to go for Oliver. If we were genuinely confident we could turn him around, he’s 100% be worth it. Big if but absolutely worth pondering.
He seems to have screwed a whole club but I suppose if we had a genius psych. with some sort of miracle rehab. plan you might have a look at it.

Besides which we seem to be below what would be a reasonable quota of rednuts.

Did Carro expand on why? Is it drug related?
Carro and the whole podcast tiptoed around actually (not) saying Oliver was on drugs. But they mentioned he spent 5 (I think) weeks in a rehab clinic (again, they mentioned the name of the institution, but didn't say why Oliver was there) . They talked about how superstars get treated different from average players, and it's always been that way.

And Carro said that Melbourne expect Oliver to screw up again. A when, not if, situation.

Then they talked about how Melbourne would probably trade him, and that they would find a team willing to take him on, but that his trade value would be far less than what it might have been, due to his contract and behaviour.

On a separate note, Twomey's "Gettable" podcast is back, and he mentioned that clubs will be monitoring Tarryn Thomas closely this year, to see if he ticks all the boxes behavioural wise, and that St Kilda is a likely destination for him.

And Sam McClure on his podcast mentioned that the AFL is paying out Angus Brayshaw's contract and not Melbourne, and that his paid out contract won't count against Melbourne's salary cap.

Carro and the whole podcast tiptoed around actually (not) saying Oliver was on drugs. But they mentioned he spent 5 (I think) weeks in a rehab clinic (again, they mentioned the name of the institution, but didn't say why Oliver was there) . They talked about how superstars get treated different from average players, and it's always been that way.

And Carro said that Melbourne expect Oliver to screw up again. A when, not if, situation.

Then they talked about how Melbourne would probably trade him, and that they would find a team willing to take him on, but that his trade value would be far less than what it might have been, due to his contract and behaviour.

On a separate note, Twomey's "Gettable" podcast is back, and he mentioned that clubs will be monitoring Tarryn Thomas closely this year, to see if he ticks all the boxes behavioural wise, and that St Kilda is a likely destination for him.

And Sam McClure on his podcast mentioned that the AFL is paying out Angus Brayshaw's contract and not Melbourne, and that his paid out contract won't count against Melbourne's salary cap.
I heard something very damning from my brother who knows quite a few senior people down in Melbourne and the story he told me about the what Oliver was doing at the off season camp which led to him being sent home is probably more outrageous than what I’d thought.

In addition he also said that Oliver lives with a number of non AFL mates who apparently are all wild and in the party scene which isn’t helping him.

Sounds like a train wreck for Melbourne.

‘Ticks boxes’ - so doesn’t engage in DV. Deary me.

I heard something very damning from my brother who knows quite a few senior people down in Melbourne and the story he told me about the what Oliver was doing at the off season camp which led to him being sent home is probably more outrageous than what I’d thought.

In addition he also said that Oliver lives with a number of non AFL mates who apparently are all wild and in the party scene which isn’t helping him.

Sounds like a train wreck for Melbourne.

Not sure why you’d be living in a share house on 1m+ a year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back