List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They could guarantee the North fan's a minimum number of games in Melbourne (and hope they don't remember the promises made to Fitzroy)

As if anyone would believe any AFL promises. North Melbourne will be continuing on in Melbourne.

Yeah but if Ainsworth is left playing bit part roles in Dimma's system, he may have to consider a move. They have Rogers, Graham coming through along with Lombard in the pipeline. I think Ainsworth could see himself getting pushed out to depth quickly.
I agree. What role does he play with Cameron and McCarthy out of the side?

I agree. What role does he play with Cameron and McCarthy out of the side?

I'd take him to play Zorko's old role. Ainsworth seems to have a good tank and can go more midfield/forward - like 70/30. He'd be the player whom we thought Rayner or Bailey would become eventually, but Ben might be a better fit for it.

I'd take him to play Zorko's old role. Ainsworth seems to have a good tank and can go more midfield/forward - like 70/30. He'd be the player whom we thought Rayner or Bailey would become eventually, but Ben might be a better fit for it.
That's a role I think Levi Ashcroft will end up playing.

We would have:
Rayner
Bailey
Lohmann
L. Ashcroft
Ah Chee

That's a role I think Levi Ashcroft will end up playing.

We would have:
Rayner
Bailey
Lohmann
L. Ashcroft
Ah Chee
Rayner could go third tall permanently, leaving that 70 forward / 30 mid to Levi.

I think it'll get to a point where Rayner might feel the squeeze even more next year. Bailey is better than him in the small/medium forward craft and if Levi+Ainsworth come onboard, they'll be better going through the middle. Will become tough to just fit Rayner in.

Rayner could go third tall permanently, leaving that 70 forward / 30 mid to Levi.

I think it'll get to a point where Rayner might feel the squeeze even more next year. Bailey is better than him in the small/medium forward craft and if Levi+Ainsworth come onboard, they'll be better going through the middle. Will become tough to just fit Rayner in.

If I were the club I'd be putting Rayner in a full time midfield program next season with an eye on us running with Dunkley, Ashcroft and Rayner as our primary mids, with Neale playing fourth banana (ideal world). If Rayner - with a full pre season of Midfield training - can't get it done, then he'll have to move forward and in that situation it will absolutely be a squeeze. He is best 22 talent in every team, but he'll very much be locked into a basic role player spot in the 22.

If Bruce Reville, Harry Sharp and Shadeau Brain perform really well over the rest of the season there is going to be an even bigger squeeze for spots in the latter half of this season and in our 2025 back2back Premiership side.

Some of our regulars may get used to playing in 2s and getting rotated off the first 22. Either they'll crack the sads and move on or be a team player and fight for their spots.

It feels like a long long way away until they are right to play again.. around the bye next year, Linc will be 31 by then. :eek:

I read somewhere we are adding one more year to Linc's 1 year extension as a goodwill so he can be with us in 2026 as well. I think he'll be working towards at life after footy by then and become player coach type material. In any case, Linc seems pretty durable and it'll be nice to have him in 2s so we can call upon his experience when needed. Might be like another Lester career with Lions.

Phill Moi Moi looks a decent small forward prospect. Playing with the Swans VFL side. Watched him a few weeks back and he’s clever around goal and a strong tackler. Fast & powerful athletically. Was surprised at his stats this season, been productive -

Rnd 1: 11 disposals, 1 goal, 6 tackles
Rnd 2: 12 disposals, 3 goals, 6 tackles
Rnd 4: 11 disposals, 4 tackles
Rnd 5: 12 disposals, 1 goal, 2 tackles
Rnd 7: 14 disposals, 3 goals, 2 tackles

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too quick to write Linc off just yet. He has comparatively few match miles under his belt, a high level of resilience considering the first part of his career and the nous to continue to play on for a couple of more seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be too quick to write Linc off just yet. He has comparatively few match miles under his belt, a high level of resilience considering the first part of his career and the nous to continue to play on for a couple of more seasons.
nods and his playing style is a lot more dependent upon his footy smarts than say someone who depends largely upon being really really fast...

Back