List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly not if they require 18 month contracts and take up 4 list spots next year just for the sake of it.
Don't they still get six months as a default, and teams can offer 18? Or has the default changed?

J Lohmann? Like for like McCarthy. He’s here already so no need to relocate him. Smart one touch player. Seems more physically developed than Kai. I guess he is the older brother. Does anyone know his back story?
Older brother born in 2000. Has a way to go for picked up IMO but has clean hands and makes good decisions on the field (extremely important for the AFL level).

Interesting that his mother wanted them to play together.

J Lohmann? Like for like McCarthy. He’s here already so no need to relocate him. Smart one touch player. Seems more physically developed than Kai. I guess he is the older brother. Does anyone know his back story?
I’d be happy to put 2 of our VFL top ups on the rookie list for 6 months. Maybe even 1 of our of age academy kids.

But they have to show something to earn an extension beyond the end of the season.

I’d be happy to put 2 of our VFL top ups on the rookie list for 6 months. Maybe even 1 of our of age academy kids.

But they have to show something to earn an extension beyond the end of the season.

I think if they know they needed to impress you they’d perform better Briztoon. I know I would.

Too early for the Ben Thomas? Looks good anywhere near goal.

Player nominates 6 or 18 months, or “other” terms as Newcombe did.

Ballenden threw his name in last year, and nominated other terms.
That's what I thought (didn't know about "other" though).

The guys nominating 18 months are the ones more comfortable in being picked up. Given we're potentially taking a few options, I think we're going to have to dig into more speculative options so I don't think assuming we're going to be locked into 18 month contracts for all of them is fair - it's quite unlikely.

That's what I thought (didn't know about "other" though).

The guys nominating 18 months are the ones more comfortable in being picked up. Given we're potentially taking a few options, I think we're going to have to dig into more speculative options so I don't think assuming we're going to be locked into 18 month contracts for all of them is fair - it's quite unlikely.
I think it's a little cruel to get someone to move interstate just for 6 months with little prospect of staying on. But hey, they're free to nominate longer terms if they want I guess.

Of course, we could draft players who are already in Queensland and don't need to move. Some very good players at Southport but unfortunately after the repeated fights our players got into with them, I can't imagine recruiting any Southport players would help club morale or culture.

I think it's a little cruel to get someone to move interstate just for 6 months with little prospect of staying on. But hey, they're free to nominate longer terms if they want I guess.
Ultimately it's their call - they don't need to make it. Given we're looking at taking four in the MSD, at least #3 and #4 are going to be fairly marginal options so I don't mind giving them a six month taste of the AFL environment as a fair trade with inside track for sticking around if they manage it.

Of course, we could draft players who are already in Queensland and don't need to move. Some very good players at Southport but unfortunately after the repeated fights our players got into with them, I can't imagine recruiting any Southport players would help club morale or culture.

I'm sure we'd ask any players we'd potentially draft what their thoughts are regarding a 6 month move to Brisbane. Like you said, it's up to them what terms they nominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players have to nominate length of contract when they nominate for the MSD.

Would recruiters talk to them before they nominate?

Older brother born in 2000. Has a way to go for picked up IMO but has clean hands and makes good decisions on the field (extremely important for the AFL level).

Interesting that his mother wanted them to play together.
I've likes what I have seen of him so far. Way to go but could be handy "break glass in emergency" seeing as he is already on our list.

Pass.

I get it's do whatever you can to win, but players getting problem labels ruins their careers and just creates to many fan abuse opportunities.

He’s doing it under threat of death Gadzorks. We can get the Southport out of him quick smart. Evil club.

Back