Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The updates on whether McKay was coming to us, even from trusted ITKs here were literally flip flopping right up until he signed with the Bombers.

As if we can put any real weight on what is being said by randoms on other club boards.

Now, if somebody has some screenshots of some sms or whatsapp messages with names redacted, then we can get excited.
1715911998105.png

even better - no redactions!

Hearing some whispers from a reliable source this morning that Blake Hardwick is looking more likely than not to be leaving us at the end of the year. He's chasing cash and it really depends if we want to stump up or not.
He wants that bag from north, suprising to be honest

And this time last week Scrim was off to North

Must mean his contract announcement is close.

I imagine he’ll be on a $700k+ deal long term, if another club is going to offer him enough money to leave Hawthorn it’s going to have to be $800k+.

The AFL likely to give us pick 40, then give Norf pick 2 for the spud leaving them.

Won’t matter, he ain’t leaving.

Known quantity in clarko and significant money?

I can’t think of many other many other clubs offering huge money, unless his manager is just shopping around?
Come on man, no one is going to north unless they’re not getting a contract at their own club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer we kept him but Band 1 compo wouldn’t be a terrible result. Split the pick and nab Bailey Smith and another first, plus our existing first.
Problem is any compo will get adjusted down if we get Battle.

If we are odds on to get Battle, better to stump up the $$$ for Dimma.

PS : I think compo's should get adjusted down for UFA/RFA if teams get them in not just the same year but over a 3 yr period on a sliding scale. Draft is severely compromised as it is.

How bigs your bag?

Money still talks, it’s not that far fetched if they offer a Polec deal
No, it really is.

Our players could finally breathe when Clarko left, and North have gone backwards.

The only players who will go there are ones that cannot get an AFL contract at their current club.

No, it really is.

Our players could finally breathe when Clarko left, and North have gone backwards.

The only players who will go there are ones that cannot get an AFL contract at their current club.
I like playing devils advocate;

likely the downhill bull (zurcant) is leaving north and clarko comes to Hardwick who is a significantly better player, leader, club defining culture player for north - which they desperately need. Clarko has a history of trying to win players he wants. Hardwick offers significant two way potential for north so if they aren’t kicking goals least they are saving some.

I know all your reasons just said but for $800ish over 4 years or 700 over 5, your saying it’s seriously no chance?

Time has a funny way of forgetting the bumpier times…for the right amount of coin.

I just don’t think it’s as crazy as it sounds.

Problem is any compo will get adjusted down if we get Battle.

If we are odds on to get Battle, better to stump up the $$$ for Dimma.

PS : I think compo's should get adjusted down for UFA/RFA if teams get them in not just the same year but over a 3 yr period on a sliding scale. Draft is severely compromised as it is.
You’d just trade for battle to note dilute the pick. If we got Band 1 and battle chose us, you split the pick and trade one for smith and the other for battle. Saints are still up in that scenario. Win win.

likely the downhill bull (zurcant) is leaving north and clarko comes to Hardwick who is a significantly better player, leader, club defining culture player for north - which they desperately need. Clarko has a history of trying to win players he wants. Hardwick offers significant two way potential for north so if they aren’t kicking goals least they are saving some.

I know all your reasons just said but for $800ish over 4 years or 700 over 5, your saying it’s seriously no chance?

Time has a funny way of forgetting the bumpier times…for the right amount of coin.

Who was the last good player to leave because of the $$$$ though?

I would not be surprised if it was mutually agreed between club/player to test their market value. Player gets their worth and the club gets the option to retain the player or receive the compensation. Win/win.

You’re underselling the stench around North and how our players felt with the coach handover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back