List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruck options over the next 2-3 years will be interesting. Ladhams is out of contract at the end of next year. Do we try and keep him on as backup to Grundy and allow McAndrew and Green a couple more years to develop?
Ladhams isn't a bad ruck but can lose focus and be undisciplined. But having said that he is still by ruck standards quite young and should be coming into his prime. I just don't like him as our first ruck as he doesn't have enough craft as a forward (neither does Grundy to be fair but Grundy's tap work and follow up pressure acts are elite)

Ruck options over the next 2-3 years will be interesting. Ladhams is out of contract at the end of next year. Do we try and keep him on as backup to Grundy and allow McAndrew and Green a couple more years to develop?
Ladhams isn't a bad ruck but can lose focus and be undisciplined. But having said that he is still by ruck standards quite young and should be coming into his prime. I just don't like him as our first ruck as he doesn't have enough craft as a forward (neither does Grundy to be fair but Grundy's tap work and follow up pressure acts are elite)
Time will tell but I hope not.
I don’t trust his character …

Let's hope that by then either McAndrew or Green are ready to step up. The advantage we have is that there's ample part time ruckmen in the team with McLean and Armaty but also Buller in the reserves.

I'm getting real nervous about Sheldrick. Clearly he's been injured a fair bit this season but if Parker can't break into this team then it's going to be hard for him to get back in too. Other teams are going to be coming for our depth players and if I'm another club he's top of my list.
Really impressed with him last season when in the firsts so hope we can get him to buy into what we are doing and find a spot for him.
I found myself nodding so hard whilst reading this post, I've done myself a nasty neck injury.

3-4 weeks.

Probably being spoilt with Grundy in the team but I don't want us to revert picking up a backup ruck who isn't getting a run at another club. I would prefer to target or develop an elite ruck.

I would love Hayward to stay, but after last night's game I think the smarter $ will be used to try to keep Warner. I see a future where Hayward needs to be sacrificed to have the $ to keep Mcdonald and try to keep Warner.

I can just imagine the list managers for Freo and the Weagles waching last night's game and licking their lips.

I would love Hayward to stay, but after last night's game I think the smarter $ will be used to try to keep Warner. I see a future where Hayward needs to be sacrificed to have the $ to keep Mcdonald and try to keep Warner.

I can just imagine the list managers for Freo and the Weagles waching last night's game and licking their lips.

Honestly can never see Warner leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can have both. Don't believe the media.

Seems our biggest risks this year & next are:

• Hayward
  • Sheldrick

Campbell could also enter danger territory if he yo-yos in & out of subs vests.

Surely Logan & Chad stay - they’d be top of the priority pile I’d have thought.

Sheldrick and Campbell are going to be targeted heavily, those tier of players are a bigger chance of leaving than say a Warner.

Sheldrick and Campbell are going to be targeted heavily, those tier of players are a bigger chance of leaving than say a Warner.
Premierships vs more dollars. I'm sure that equation goes through the minds of players on the fringe in a side that is seriously pushing for a premiership. That's normal. I reckon extra training sessions and training intensity increases. That is a natural consequence. It's healthy. Whatever happens as a result happens.

Probably being spoilt with Grundy in the team but I don't want us to revert picking up a backup ruck who isn't getting a run at another club. I would prefer to target or develop an elite ruck.
That's probably the aim with Green. Certainly a left-field choice even for us taking a ruck in the 1st round, but wouldn't have done it unless we thought he could potentially be elite.

Agree. In the first half of the 2s last night I was really impressed by Will Green who I thought was more than handy. McAndrew has been stiff with injury but when able to play before the concussion was working his way into it.

Think we are ok for back ups.

Have a feeling Ladhams will get offers elsewhere.

Agree. In the first half of the 2s last night I was really impressed by Will Green who I thought was more than handy. McAndrew has been stiff with injury but when able to play before the concussion was working his way into it.

Think we are ok for back ups.

Have a feeling Ladhams will get offers elsewhere.
Yep i honestly feel like if we had a midseason trade period someone like Ladhams would be offered to a club for a second rounder (slightly inflated value given we are helping a club fill a desperate need). But given that is a hypothetical, in reality its more likely Ladhams gets moved on come season end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back