Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Showing some age (experience) there...
I haven't heard of (or thought of) Tony Hall for decades. I remember I saw him do his knee in a state game in the late 80's. Awesome player with the Bays and then Hawthorn from memory. When did he last play?
6 games in 1995 for Adelaide after 11 in 94

Last game Round 19 1995

Round 19​
Aug 13​
3​
2​
5​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

They said about a month ago that the likely return date was ~round 16
Last week's injury update said 8-10 weeks which I guess would be round 16-18. Although when he first did the injury I thought they were saying about 12 weeks, so unless my memory is faulty (which is a very real possibility, I must admit) it seems it's already drifted out by an extra month?

Also haven't heard any detail re Pedlar's shoulder.... is he done for the year, too?

With Sloane retired, Milera out for the season, potentially Pedlar gone for the season... we'll be looking to replace half our list by the time the mid-season draft arrives at this rate :p

On the news last night it said that Pedlar had decided not to get a shoulder reconstruction which would mean season over. Was going down the rest and rehab path instead with the aim of playing later this season

On the news last night it said that Pedlar had decided not to get a shoulder reconstruction which would mean season over. Was going down the rest and rehab path instead with the aim of playing later this season
Hopefully nor delaying his return...

Last week's injury update said 8-10 weeks which I guess would be round 16-18. Although when he first did the injury I thought they were saying about 12 weeks, so unless my memory is faulty (which is a very real possibility, I must admit) it seems it's already drifted out by an extra month?

Also haven't heard any detail re Pedlar's shoulder.... is he done for the year, too?

With Sloane retired, Milera out for the season, potentially Pedlar gone for the season... we'll be looking to replace half our list by the time the mid-season draft arrives at this rate :p
Thilthorpe's timeframe stretched out almost immediately as they realised it was a bit worse and it wasn't recovering as expected, but RT has said himself recently that round 16 is the target.

Did Sicily pop his shoulder out on the weekend too? Ended up playing out the game

Hopefully nor delaying his return...
Yeah, he already had issues with it. Reminds me a bit of Jason Porplyzia that year (2008?) he had ongoing shoulder issues, it seemed to pop out just about every week. Didn't stop him kicking 5 against Sydney after having it popped back in.

How long is the recovery from a shoulder reconstruction? Wondering how late he can leave it before it starts impacting next year if he does end up having to go down that route.

Bloody hell. Just give him a reco and be done with it. Poor management. Reeks of desperation and watch it impact next year.

Is this a bit of a myth amongst footy fans, that surgery is always the best course of action?

We need a doctor in here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a doctor but that seems a pretty extreme contrast to "weighing up season ending surgery"
Maybe the media went with that, but Burgess said the scans weren’t super clear and they would explore his options further. Clearly they got some other opinions and they thought he didn’t need the surgery.

Sicily looked to have done a serious shoulder injury on the weekend and ended up coming back on the ground 10 minutes later after they popped his shoulder back in. It’s not uncommon to see elite sports people play through a shoulder popping out if there is no risk of further damage.

I presume that r16-18 means thats when he can be cleared medically to play, which would mean a few games in the SANFL at least before any return to the AFL?

If it gets to that stage, I wonder if the best course of action would be just to make sure he is cherry ripe and healthy for a solid preseason instead?

Bloody hell. Just give him a reco and be done with it. Poor management. Reeks of desperation and watch it impact next year.
So better management would be to kidnap him, tie him down, knock him out with a rag soaked in chloroform and perform invasive surgery?

A bit of vigour. I'm in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back