AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking of going Billings > Darcy, Howes > Clark.

Was shitting myself at prospect of Howes/Hore at D6 in a best 22 week after thinking Howes was perfectly safe just 3 days ago.

Leaves the 3 mid rooks on field plus one of Reid, Wilson, Campbell or Darcy.

Could get aggressive and use a boost to go Reid > Dempsey. He's got at least another $200k in him and he's fieldable at F6 for a while it seems.

rd3: 1690pts... (top 55%) :(
overall: 2,605th... (top 35%) :cryv1:
trades: 37

Sheezel + Young + Merrett(c) + Roberts + Sanders + Marshall = :thumbsu:
Howes + Billings + Reid + Wilson + Lazzaro = :thumbsdown:
not owning Gawn + Heeney = :madv1:

after starting the year inside the top 10%, i've dropped away dramatically
Billings has to go... a straight swap for Powell is achievable
Howes(D6) needs to get back to his best
Fisher & Fyfe need to lift !!... as a matter of fact, my entire fwd line needs to lift !!

Scored 1964 for the round, which appears to be a pretty decent score. The concern however is that my non inclusive scores were Billings, Howes, Reid and Wilson.

I only get Sexton back this week, who can cover Wilson, I played Howes over Zilliams after missing lockout. That leaves Reid (midfield) and Billings as needing replacing. I cashed in over the last round and was considering Billings to Flanders but Dempsey looks very tempting. Midfield I can potentially play Sharp or move Reid to the bench

Made 3 trades again this week (8 in total).
We were told early that Salem would get plenty of midfield time this year. Another broken promise. He is out to be replaced with Steele, via Yeo going back.
Billings is an obvious out as his cash making days are over. Thanks for the $129K you gave us but your time has come. He is being replaced by Zorko who has taken the half back role vacated by Coleman.
Fisher has been disappointing and I don't need his 75 odd scores. Dempsey comes in for him allowing me the cash to make the Zorko trade.
Forward line of Heeney, Jackson, Zorko, Powell, Jordon and Dempsey (Sexton, Lazarro) looks much healthier than it did a week or two ago.

Made 3 trades again this week (8 in total).
We were told early that Salem would get plenty of midfield time this year. Another broken promise. He is out to be replaced with Steele, via Yeo going back.
Billings is an obvious out as his cash making days are over. Thanks for the $129K you gave us but your time has come. He is being replaced by Zorko who has taken the half back role vacated by Coleman.
Fisher has been disappointing and I don't need his 75 odd scores. Dempsey comes in for him allowing me the cash to make the Zorko trade.
Forward line of Heeney, Jackson, Zorko, Powell, Jordon and Dempsey (Sexton, Lazarro) looks much healthier than it did a week or two ago.
Your team is coming along nicely, and will be well balanced after those trades.

I don’t mind the Zorko selection and think he is a decent choice, I do hesitate with his injury/suspension history and I’m wary of McKennas return (replacing his speed equally as much as Coleman usage) However We do lack that aggressive ball usage that Zorko can offer and think his scoring will justify his selection.

For me, I’m really liking the idea of cashing up over the next few rounds. This will position myself to be able to trade the likes of Williams, Ambrosio, Xerri and Jordan who come round 7 will be ready for upgrading, to some very appealing options like Daicos, Oliver, Gulden and English to name a few, without having to find a heap of downgrade targets.

Your team is coming along nicely, and will be well balanced after those trades.

I don’t mind the Zorko selection and think he is a decent choice, I do hesitate with his injury/suspension history and I’m wary of McKennas return (replacing his speed equally as much as Coleman usage) However We do lack that aggressive ball usage that Zorko can offer and think his scoring will justify his selection.

For me, I’m really liking the idea of cashing up over the next few rounds. This will position myself to be able to trade the likes of Williams, Ambrosio, Xerri and Jordan who come round 7 will be ready for upgrading, to some very appealing options like Daicos, Oliver, Gulden and English to name a few, without having to find a heap of downgrade targets.
Obviously there are a few other options to consider other than Zorko. I take note of your comments re potential suspension and McKenna's return. Do I put in a keeper now, which could be either Zorko or Flanders. I am a little concerned about the lack of CBAs for Flanders hence he is more on a watch list atm. Another option atm is to look for some cash generation with Max King who could easily make us $100K over the next two weeks. Probably already missed the boat with Harry as he already went up $63K last week.
Is wasting a trade worth the possible $100K gain?

Obviously there are a few other options to consider other than Zorko. I take note of your comments re potential suspension and McKenna's return. Do I put in a keeper now, which could be either Zorko or Flanders. I am a little concerned about the lack of CBAs for Flanders hence he is more on a watch list atm. Another option atm is to look for some cash generation with Max King who could easily make us $100K over the next two weeks. Probably already missed the boat with Harry as he already went up $63K last week.
Is wasting a trade worth the possible $100K gain?
I’m confident Zorko will still be a good pick, only minor concerns that I mentioned. I do tend to be negative and avoid Brisbane players because I found I get distracted following fantasy as much as the actual football itself.

I think you need to be aiming for 200k min for a trade, if Max only makes 100k it means you’ve copped a few weeks of 60 given his current breakeven. Key forwards can be an absolute waste land at times for fantasy scores, so I’m personally not that interested in him.

I’m leaving towards upgrading Reid in the midfield, it was a poor decision to start him and I was never really convinced by him. I’m thinking of going Parfitt at this early stage, been scoring well, hopefully he can mitigate not having Crouch for me and save some extra cash too.

This sets me up with a decent side this round, hopefully not lose any ground in the best 18 rounds, then attack round 7 upgrading Zilliams and Ambrosio via DPP to Gulden, Oliver or Diacos.

I’m confident Zorko will still be a good pick, only minor concerns that I mentioned. I do tend to be negative and avoid Brisbane players because I found I get distracted following fantasy as much as the actual football itself.

I think you need to be aiming for 200k min for a trade, if Max only makes 100k it means you’ve copped a few weeks of 60 given his current breakeven. Key forwards can be an absolute waste land at times for fantasy scores, so I’m personally not that interested in him.

I’m leaving towards upgrading Reid in the midfield, it was a poor decision to start him and I was never really convinced by him. I’m thinking of going Parfitt at this early stage, been scoring well, hopefully he can mitigate not having Crouch for me and save some extra cash too.

This sets me up with a decent side this round, hopefully not lose any ground in the best 18 rounds, then attack round 7 upgrading Zilliams and Ambrosio via DPP to Gulden, Oliver or Diacos.
Yeah, I'm going to stay with the Zorko trade. It's true that key forwards rarely score well in DT and they are always a risk of throwing up a 50 or so. I never started with Reid as his junior days suggested he was not a ball magnet then so why would he become one in the AFL. Problem with generating cash is that it's not always as easy as it sounds. We might have players we want to downgrade but there is no point in trading them out if there is no-one to replace them with. I was hoping Hustwaite would do a bit more than he did.

Yeah, I'm going to stay with the Zorko trade. It's true that key forwards rarely score well in DT and they are always a risk of throwing up a 50 or so. I never started with Reid as his junior days suggested he was not a ball magnet then so why would he become one in the AFL. Problem with generating cash is that it's not always as easy as it sounds. We might have players we want to downgrade but there is no point in trading them out if there is no-one to replace them with. I was hoping Hustwaite would do a bit more than he did.
Hustwaite was a disappointment. Thought he'd be a fieldable mid. Particularly when we shovel everyone down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit torn this week.

Billings I think I'll go Dempsey. He's probably 1 huge score away from heading towards $600k.

Darcy on the bubble at a huge -BE. Will be Reid to him I think.

Thinking of using a second boost and going early on Jordon to Flanders. Could also go Zorko over Flanders as a pod.

Alternatively can get Howes to Yeo. Is Yeo worth getting? Scoring crazy PPM but low TOG. I haven't really watched the Eagles this year so flying a bit blind.

Last edited:
Bit torn this week.

Billings I think I'll go Dempsey. He's probably 1 huge score away from heading towards $600k.

Darcy on the bubble at a huge -BE. Will be Reid to him I think.

Thinking of using a second boost and going early on Jordon to Flanders. Could also go Zorko over Flanders as a pod.

Alternatively can get Howes to Yeo. Is Yeo worth getting? Scoring crazy PPM but low TOG. I haven't really watched the Eagles this year so flying a bit blind.
Yeo is playing as a full time mid so I have reasonable confidence in his scoring even with his low TOG.
I think Darcy is a bit of a tease. See him making a bit of money early but then drying up after he scores consecutive 50s.
Would have liked to to trade Jordon out in order to bring in Zorko but didn't have enough cash to do so. Then again, with him playing against WC this week, he could score quite well.

Was going to trade out Gulden & Billings to get a good defender & forward in, but just know Gulden will dump 150 on me if I trade him out. So holding for now.

Also having second thoughts on trading Billings. Gotta feeling he could go ok tonight, based on absolutely nothing.

Now thinking Lazzaro (looks likely out for us) to Dempsey and Reid/Wilson to Darcy. If I wanted to use a boost, the other of Reid/Wilson to Thomas or Billings to Powell. Used a boost last week so thinking not to this week.

Still unsure, keepings Billings could be a disaster if he gets subbed again, so risky to hold. Means I have to play Howes on field too. All these Melbourne players causing me headaches.

Yeo is playing as a full time mid so I have reasonable confidence in his scoring even with his low TOG.
I think Darcy is a bit of a tease. See him making a bit of money early but then drying up after he scores consecutive 50s.
Would have liked to to trade Jordon out in order to bring in Zorko but didn't have enough cash to do so. Then again, with him playing against WC this week, he could score quite well.
Would you go Yeo Zorko or Flanders?

Just letting everyone know I’m trading out Jack the hack billings…if you want my advice, hold him. His break even is 80. He will somehow score 100+ tonight.
I'll counter that by holding, thus guaranteeing another sub 50 score. My advice, trade hard.

Another max Gawn 140+ what a surprise..can’t wait to watch English limp his way to 90 again this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back