AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

rd4: 2126pts (top 13%)
overall: 1,981st (top 26%)... up 624 spots
trades: 35

Sheezel + Reid(onfield) + Darcy(bench) + Merrett + Bont + Sharp + Wilson(bench) + Marshall(c) = :thumbsu:
D'Ambrosio + Howes(onfield) + Jordan + McKercher = :thumbsdown:

currently fielding Howes(D6) which is a problem... i'm thinking Howes -> Clohesy is a solution
Jordan has done his job... so i'm gonna pay the $$$ for Zorko
i'll be without Grundy, Daicos, Roberts... and most likely, have 21 available onfield
after buying Zorko i should have at least 1 player from every team :)

rd4: 2126pts (top 13%)
overall: 1,981st (top 26%)... up 624 spots
trades: 35

Sheezel + Reid(onfield) + Darcy(bench) + Merrett + Bont + Sharp + Wilson(bench) + Marshall(c) = :thumbsu:
D'Ambrosio + Howes(onfield) + Jordan + McKercher = :thumbsdown:

currently fielding Howes(D6) which is a problem... i'm thinking Howes -> Clohesy is a solution
Jordan has done his job... so i'm gonna pay the $$$ for Zorko
i'll be without Grundy, Daicos, Roberts... and most likely, have 21 available onfield
after buying Zorko i should have at least 1 player from every team :)
Do you really want to go there with Zorko. I know his role looks good, but he's 35, and had a bunch of soft tissue and injury problems the last few years. Guys at that price have to be keepers if you're trading them in now.

Ended up with 2214. Bont finally scoring more to his price tag, Gawn, Sheezel, NWM, Steele and Rozee very solid scorers also, not getting burnt by bad Rookie scores (had Mckercher though) but having both Wilson and Sharp on the ground helped.

Sitting on some decent cash (600k) will most likely go early with Howes > Clohsey to stop any bleeding of Howes cash. Jordan also going, unsure if I’ll pocket more cash and go Darcy, or go to Flanders.

Im happy enough with best 18 to not necessarily go with best option, I really want to position myself to hit round 7 pretty hard, while also picking Daicos up next week.

I love the ins, but seems like you are giving up a lot moving on Roberts this early. BE of 24.
I don't want to move on Roberts, but he's what I need to achieve anything meaningful with my trades. Two options at the moment.

1. Roberts, Jordan & Billings to Flanders, Powell & Clohesy.

2. Roberts, Clark (Geel) & Howes to Clohesy, Graham (2 rookie suns with only one game each
dangerous) & Steele.

Unfortunately have no mid/fwd or mid/def in the midfield, which makes things a bit difficult. But both those trades make my team look a lot better.

I'm favouring the second option, as it gets me an extra player on field this week, Daicos swap to midfield with Graham in. And can do something with Jordon & Billings next week.

I dunno, I'm struggling a bit so need to take some risks.

Zorko vs Flanders?

Narrowed trades down to: Roberts, Billings & Jordon to Zorko/Flanders, Powell & Clohesy.

Big improvement to forward line at expense of Roberts, which is a shame. 2nd boost used too, which I've been trying to save.

Flanders the safer pick, Zorko way more unique, but much riskier of course, a bit cheaper also. Leaning to Flanders without much conviction.

Unlike someone else here who calls himself cursed, I'm quite sure that I am.
In our keeper league, I have had the second highest score two of the last three weeks yet lost both.
In DT, I currently have the 4th highest total score in our league yet have only won one match. Like keeper league, I had the third highest score in my cash league yet played the coach who had the highest score.
In every one of my cash league matches, my opponents have Gawn this week (all with the vc) whilst I have Grundy whereas next week when he has his bye every opponent has Grundy.
I know that I love playing this game but just sometimes I hate it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4/486 VC

Can only lose 3 (39,57,96)

SAT-
Green, Wilson (E)
Williams, McKay, Crouch
Massimo, Flanders, Clohesy (E)
Young, Serong, Jackson, Sharp, Houston

My midfield delivering s**t sandwiches. Nic Martin, Matt Crouch, Tom Green topped off with Jordan Dawson captain. Oooof :sick::sick:

1629/17 + VC

What started with Gawn VC and Howes and possibly enjoying this week I have a midfield of Bont, Green and Serong.

Trading Young to Serong the other week has been an unmitigated disaster. Have lost points every single ******* week.

Jackson covering my rucks these 2 weeks in this format but he's s**t and hardly worth it. Doing better in AF wearing donuts lol.

Sheezel, Powell, Dempsey
Campbell, Reid

Benched McKercher for Wilson's 70. Can't afford another 50

1629/17 + VC

What started with Gawn VC and Howes and possibly enjoying this week I have a midfield of Bont, Green and Serong.

Trading Young to Serong the other week has been an unmitigated disaster. Have lost points every single ******* week.

Jackson covering my rucks these 2 weeks in this format but he's s**t and hardly worth it. Doing better in AF wearing donuts lol.

Sheezel, Powell, Dempsey
Campbell, Reid

Benched McKercher for Wilson's 70. Can't afford another 50
I also benched McKercher. Looking like the right decision. Since they brought Greenwood back in, it has killed McKercher's output and scoring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back