Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 10 (Collingwood vs Non-Vic H&A crowds in Melbourne)
  1. Rd 1 2024 = Collingwood vs Sydney (78,933)
  2. Rd 8 2023 = Collingwood vs Sydney (71,463)
  3. Rd 15 2023 = Collingwood vs Adelaide (65,930)
  4. Rd 6 2024 = Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (65,834)
  5. Rd 9 2013 = Collingwood vs Sydney (65,306)
  6. Rd 10 2024 = Collingwood vs Adelaide (63,925)
  7. Rd 21 2007 = Collingwood vs Sydney (63,842)
  8. Rd 13 2012 = Collingwood vs West Coast (62,957)
  9. Rd 19 2003 = Collingwood vs Brisbane Lions (61,868)
  10. Rd 18 2023 = Collingwood vs Fremantle (61,157)
Updated list.
6 of those top 10 have been in the last 12 months, incredible

I think the Collingwood v Brisbane game will draw close to 75,000 as the lions you think will bring along 10,000 of there own fans due to the Fitzroy connection
Think the last time we played Brisbane at the MCG was in 2017 (minus a certain day in September), so haven't played them there since we've both been contenders, so will be very interesting.

I think the Collingwood v Brisbane game will draw close to 75,000 as the lions you think will bring along 10,000 of there own fans due to the Fitzroy connection

Don’t underestimate the crowd the lions can bring. As big as the Swans when they are up and running.

Based on their current crowds there isn’t any reason why the public reserve shouldn’t sell out and bring 80,000+.

Late 2019 76,000 turned up to Richmond and Lions. There was 15-20K lions fans easy that day. Collingwood should be 80+ easy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t underestimate the crowd the lions can bring. As big as the Swans when they are up and running.

Based on their current crowds there isn’t any reason why the public reserve shouldn’t sell out and bring 80,000+.

Late 2019 76,000 turned up to Richmond and Lions. There was 15-20K lions fans easy that day. Collingwood should be 80+ easy.

No they are not as big as the swans and they don't bring as much as the swans when up and about. They are second to swans in Vic. And no they didn't bring 15-20K I was there. if you said 10K, 12K maybe! that would be around the mark.

There was 77K (76,995 to be precise) and for pies/lions to hit 80K it will need the lions to be contending which i don't believe they will make the 8.

No they are not as big as the swans and they don't bring as much as the swans when up and about. They are second to swans in Vic. And no they didn't bring 15-20K I was there. if you said 10K, 12K maybe! that would be around the mark.

There was 77K (76,995 to be precise) and for pies/lions to hit 80K it will need the lions to be contending which i don't believe they will make the 8.

I was there also, without my rose coloured glasses on. It was a sensational turn out from Richmond and Lions supporters.

Contrary to most Richmond supporters belief, other clubs actually do bring supporters to games

I was there also, without my rose coloured glasses on. It was a sensational turn out from Richmond and Lions supporters.

Contrary to most Richmond supporters belief, other clubs actually do bring supporters to games

No one is disputing that, just don't say they bring the same as Sydney they DONT. Lions have very good support here but to say they would bring up to 20K is just plain wrong. Many who have been following footy for decades would know they don't bring those type of numbers. Heck you would be hard pressed for Sydney to bring that many. Swans can bring up to 15K (normally fluctuate between 10-15K). Lions up to 10K at their best, I even said 12K maybe. I'm not inflating numbers I'm telling it like it is.

Ughhh that usual 43,000 type crowd for our home games. If North were the home team it would have been close to 50!
Yep. 43-44k is high watermark for Essendon. The Blues have a few less reserved seat members (refer seating plans Ticketmaster) and are still able to get 46k into the joint. Either way, it’s not optimal. Essendon seem to be trialing a reserved seating bay to ‘access’ for a new category on level 2. It’s an interesting initiative that’s likely to be expanded upon in future I’d say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. 43-44k is high watermark for Essendon. The Blues have a few less reserved seat members (refer seating plans Ticketmaster) and are still able to get 46k into the joint. Either way, it’s not optimal. Essendon seem to be trialing a reserved seating bay to ‘access’ for a new category on level 2. It’s an interesting initiative that’s likely to be expanded upon in future I’d say.

Collingwood have changed their policies this year to remove the automatic reserved seating for our home games at Docklands. I believe members now have to opt in for little or no charge (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s a step in the right direction at least.

Its too early to tell if it will make much difference but I did note that last year for Steele’s 300th the game was officially sold out and only 39k showed up whereas last week the game had lots of seats available and got nearly the same number. This seems to indicate that with sufficient demand we could get a lot more in there.

We’ll know more after our home game against the Bulldogs in two weeks.

If Collingwood break Richmond’s record v Brisbane of 76,995 Collingwood will hold the biggest crowds at the mcg v every interstate club.

Collingwood already hold the record of the biggest crowd vs an interstate club when the pies played Sydney in round 1 with 78,933

Last edited:
Essendon seem to be trialing a reserved seating bay to ‘access’ for a new category on level 2. It’s an interesting initiative that’s likely to be expanded upon in future I’d say.

Can you explain this in more detail please?

Collingwood have changed their policies this year to remove the automatic reserved seating for our home games at Docklands. I believe members now have to opt in for little or no charge (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s a step in the right direction at least.
We lost our allocated reserved seats (so the same seat for our 2 home games at Marvel), but as a part of the Collingwood membership pack you can redeem tickets (secure reserved seats) free of charge through Ticketmaster.

If Collingwood break Richmond’s record v Brisbane of 76,995 Collingwood will hold the biggest crowds at the mcg v every interstate club.

Collingwood already hold the record of the biggest crowd vs an interstate club when the pies played Sydney in round 1 with 78,933

Yes before last year Richmond had highest attendances at the G for Crows, Lions and GC. Pies had, port, eagles, freo, gws and hawks had swans.

Pies last year surpassed our attendance V Crows at the G and this year RD 1 you took the hawks highest attendance v Swans.

That leaves two remaining, Lions (76,995) and GC (38,508).

Will depend on how the lions are travelling. If they are in the 8 you are more than likely to surpass it but if they are not and their season is shot at RD 23 then it will be very hard to surpass 77K

Just a small discrepancy on the crowd figure.

Was Collingwood vs Adelaide 63,925 or 63,935?

AFL website says 63,935. MCG Twitter page had it at 63,925?
The AFL website originally had it at 63,935 but since changed it to 63,925.

Dreamtime Update:

MCC Reserve: Current batch of reserved seating expected to be exhausted tonight / tomorrow. I assume they will release more level 4 seats for reserve, they’ve basically sold the whole of top level to about 10 rows from the back from S37-48.
So, depending on the walkup, it’s expected the MCC reserve will be at least 80% full.

They’ve appeared to sold more pre sales compared to last year. Assumption being Essendon away game, Bomber fans securing their place in the MCC Reserve as opposed to their usual home game seats in the Olympic / Warne Stands.

I’m not across the latest with AFL members, I assume it will have at least the back 12-15 rows of level 4 for walkups (excl b27/28). Unlikely to sellout this section.

Will Richmond members turn up? Given its Dreamtime, that might get enough of them along. It really could be anything from 75,000 up to ~82/83,000 you’d think.

I will predict 77,000!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back