2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Took a close look at the replay of the Ressies last night.

Really liked Ryans game. Touch of Brisbane's Wilmott about him. He is starting to gain confidence at this level and take the game on. He has everything we need down back to take over from smith. He is quick, agile, a good kick, risk taker and a good mark and size. Loves to run the lines. Just needs to work on his consistency within game and over time. Getting closer to a debut.

Taylor also played another good solid game and just needs to replicate this form and have a real breakout game to get an opportunity at a higher level.

Edwards a little better this week but is still in somewhat of a lull.

Bond struggling at half back since his move back into defence. Could he be used as a tagger as he can run all day and is quick.

Like to see Gollant go back into defence. I cannot see him making it as a forward. He has the attributes to become a good key back.

Think Baby John Burgess has reached his level and should only be used as break glass option in a swingman role.

The Irishman really raw and a long way from it atm.

Other players:

Strauchnie - you have to admire him. Wont displace ROB unless injured or real drop off in form. Playing ressies each week must affect your motivation levels. He keep fronting up and plays well most weeks.

Billy - only a slightly above average game on the weekend. He is getting better and more consistent but he is not the finished product. Can see why he has not been promoted yet.

Harry - is really very fit given his slow start to the season with Achilles injury. Needed to use the ball better as can his issue at the higher level but he has come back better than most of would think from this type of injury. Kudos to our fitness, conditioning and medical staff.

Murphy - had an underwhelming game from an experienced player, but it was his first game back from injury.

Murray - took some very good marks and at times looks like a player. Other times he can appear to be a little meek. Has potential but he has a long way to go.

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread.

But its an interesting development if true

I assume leaving next year would mean us paying more money to the SANFL.

Been on the cards for some time.

I think the only hold out is Freo, who is happy with their alignment with Peel at the moment.

I think it's win-win for both us (and Port) and the SANFL.

The question for the SANFL is do they move to a 14 round season (play each team twice) or expand to 21 rounds (play each team three times). I would hope it's the latter.

Been on the cards for some time.

I think the only hold out is Freo, who is happy with their alignment with Peel at the moment.

I think it's win-win for both us (and Port) and the SANFL.

The question for the SANFL is do they move to a 14 round season (play each team twice) or expand to 21 rounds (play each team three times). I would hope it's the latter.
Where would we play our home games?

I still don’t get how this will advantage either club. Are they all of a sudden going to have a bunch of top up players that are good quality? Where they getting them from? They will want payment, so it’s an added expense.

It just seems like a cop out for a lack of development, both clubs have Mickey Mouse afl coaching panels, they will always be worse for the SANFL teams or we all of a sudden finding better development coaches from somewhere, if so where?

In terms of the SANFL comp removing these bastardised teams I’m all for it. How many went to the Port v Norwood on the weekend? There were heck all Crows supporters at Prospect on the weekend

I still don’t get how this will advantage either club. Are they all of a sudden going to have a bunch of top up players that are good quality?
We would not have the same restrictions I assume

Might make it easier to attract and retain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But who? Where they coming from and we will need to pay them, it’s just another expense.
We already have that expense, I assume other AFL clubs are ina similar boat

In line with previously announced increases to SANFL’s salary cap for 2023, Adelaide and Port Adelaide will now be able to increase their base and match payments to SANFL-contracted players, including their nominated Marquee Player.

Their Marquee Player will also no longer need to be aged at least 26 while contract lengths have also been increased by 12 months to 24 months, or two seasons.
I assume these kinds of rules go?

I still don’t get how this will advantage either club. Are they all of a sudden going to have a bunch of top up players that are good quality? Where they getting them from? They will want payment, so it’s an added expense.

It just seems like a cop out for a lack of development, both clubs have Mickey Mouse afl coaching panels, they will always be worse for the SANFL teams or we all of a sudden finding better development coaches from somewhere, if so where?

In terms of the SANFL comp removing these bastardised teams I’m all for it. How many went to the Port v Norwood on the weekend? There were * all Crows supporters at Prospect on the weekend

Top up players from the SANFL?

Haven't seen any details, but with the current list size there would be at least 5 additional players per week. Good way for SANFL/VFL players to get a foot in the door with an AFL club.

Any further top up from the ammos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back