2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For those dedicated SANFL watchers may I ask whether Zac Taylor has some/a lot of the skillset needed to play that clever high half-forward role that Gryan Miers has now made his own? We've gone for the defensive option with McHenry/Murphy but genuine teams like Geelong have a better balance and I'd love to see us reach a bit higher and try to get a creative player in there. Interesting to see Rogers debut recently for the Suns and he looks a high end prospect playing in the forward half - can Taylor be that player for us?

For those dedicated SANFL watchers may I ask whether Zac Taylor has some/a lot of the skillset needed to play that clever high half-forward role that Gryan Miers has now made his own? We've gone for the defensive option with McHenry/Murphy but genuine teams like Geelong have a better balance and I'd love to see us reach a bit higher and try to get a creative player in there. Interesting to see Rogers debut recently for the Suns and he looks a high end prospect playing in the forward half - can Taylor be that player for us?
Nah. The only guy that springs to mind who could be that guy is Cook. But he doesn’t have the same work rate as Miers.

Every time i see Taylor he screams AFL quality to me
Yep, me too, shame he got that injury last year. Looks well and truly back at full fitness and form now and has really good kicking penetration for a shorter bloke. That chain of disposals from half back that he was involved in which then led to his own goal from outside 50 on the run, by gut running forward after his initial handball, just screams AFL quality.

We need as many skillful players in the team as possible which coupled with his footy iq, Taylor has in spades. He'd be much more effective around stoppages than Murphy and Ned aswell.

We need as many skillful players in the team as possible which coupled with his footy iq, Taylor has in spades. He'd be much more effective around stoppages than Murphy and Ned aswell.
He is a year behind his cohort because of injury. However, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that he could well be our next Soligo. He's a real midfielder with talent, and already in the squad.

Taylor looks clever, skilful and creative to me - why (if he's now at full fitness) would we not give him a chance in that high half-forward role as an entry point into the team. It's clear he's got McHenry covered in all of those areas.
His tank has always been an issue, and that kind of player has to do a lot of unrewarded running (I think?)

His tank has always been an issue, and that kind of player has to do a lot of unrewarded running (I think?)
since his poor start to pre-season training possibly caused by his Lisfranc injury he has really worked on his fitness and he is now running on top of the round at a level i have not seen before.

He is now much quicker than in the past. If he can put together a good block of games he should get his chance at the next level soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a year behind his cohort because of injury. However, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that he could well be our next Soligo. He's a real midfielder with talent, and already in the squad.

A while back I posted to sensible Crow or on here that the year we recruited Rachelle, Soligo, Taylor and Nankervis might be one of our best draft hauls ever. Taylor has very classy skills, and I can’t wait for him to be a mainstay in the 22. Last 2 weeks he has looked very good at centre bounces and around the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Taylor seems closer than Dowling - just seems to choose slightly better options at the moment and take it on a bit more?

Agree with this. Well done Dowling for pushing his case but my preference is we bring in Taylor, Curtin and Ryan. And I would be making a priority of games to Taylor, and him extending his contract before the end of the year. Would hate such a talent to walk due to lack of opportunity!

In the past that injury stopped him. He was showing plenty before he got hurt. Since he has come back his form has been top notch. He's a pure mid maybe a wing though. As stated better than Dowling. Next Soligo. Good drafting by Hamish to snag those two.

In the past that injury stopped him. He was showing plenty before he got hurt. Since he has come back his form has been top notch. He's a pure mid maybe a wing though. As stated better than Dowling. Next Soligo. Good drafting by Hamish to snag those two.
Yes re drafting. Hamish and co have been bagged mercilessly for a long time now, but some recent draft years have been excellent - including 2023.

Short answer - Yes.

He has good goal sense ( compared to M&M) and his first five metres are explosive. Long term he is a genuine “rover” but his entry to the AFL may be via the high half forward role.

Agree with this. Well done Dowling for pushing his case but my preference is we bring in Taylor, Curtin and Ryan. And I would be making a priority of games to Taylor, and him extending his contract before the end of the year. Would hate such a talent to walk due to lack of opportunity!

This is a worry, that he'll walk due to lack of opportunity. Reckon he'll be as good as Soligo.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be a good sub option then to ease him into AFL. Either sub on or off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back