2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any other coach would've played Curtin by now, it's abundantly clear that he has IT.

Schoenberg won't be too far away, and Taylor shouldn't be far off a debut either.

Shouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB, but playing up forward in the last.

It obviously suits him a lot better than where he's been playing previously!
God this is such a ridiculous post. You think Nicks has a personal vendetta against Curtin or something? Because he played four SANFL games?

Obviously not a personal vendetta, but Nicks has literally said in a press conference that he didn't foresee Curtin debuting this year. Which is just a stupid thing to have said about your top recruit.

God this is such a ridiculous post. You think Nicks has a personal vendetta against Curtin or something? Because he played four SANFL games?
I think Nicks is a loser and that he purposefully ignores how players outside his core favorites perform

He’s never been a high possession winner, he used the ball ok when he got it and was good defensively, so I think he’ll keep his spot.

Curtin comes in for Pedlar for me and the side shuffles around a bit.

It's easy to use the ball well when you only have to use it seven times! Him never being a high possession winner is part of the reason he has no future at AFL level. He was one of our worst players, and someone else who can play his role was just BOG for our reserves side. He should absolutely be out.

Obviously not a personal vendetta, but Nicks has literally said in a press conference that he didn't foresee Curtin debuting this year. Which is just a stupid thing to have said about your top recruit.
I cant stand Nicks, but that isnt right. Slip was in relation to Dowling, not Curtin.

On what I just watched Curtin is in this week. Will take a HB / Wing role. Jones stays down back.

When did Nicks say that? I've seen him say that he was doing well and was almost ready? If in fact Nicks did say that, that is obviously a really dumb thing to say.

At the same time Curtin is recovering from injury and a first year player, a few SANFL games is not unreasonable. They've played him in a few different roles which also seems reasonable to me. He obviously smashed it today and I think he'd be in with a great chance of a game. Just way too early to be imagining that somehow the club has screwed him over by not picking him yet. Seems like a classic breakout game to me and if he gets picked next week that seems fine.

Obviously yes if he was a writeoff for the whole year or something that would be very dumb.

I cant stand Nicks, but that isnt right. Slip was in relation to Dowling, not Curtin.

On what I just watched Curtin is in this week. Will take a HB / Wing role. Jones stays down back.

Apologies, I was sure it was Curtin. That's what I get for going from memory.

Was it Curtin who Nicks implied would be excited to see his name on the emergency list, or was that Dowling too?

My recollection is that Nicks said Curtin would play AFL this year, just a matter of when.

Got 1 vote from the channel 7 commentary team, somebody tell Nicks he's ready to go next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back