List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Melbourne go 6,11 JVR for Pick 1 and Darling and West Coast F2.

I think it’s good strategy and I worry about picks 2 and 3. There’s not a clear pick there.

Mckercher clear pick if not for Tassie thing. But there is a Tassie thing and if he’s a gun the afl highly likely to get him back to Tassie.

Curtin, same but with WA twist. If he’s any good they will be all over him.

Dursma not great from list needs point of view and I have doubts

Watson possible but too high for 2 and 3.

I’d think Reid is the best option as he’s local(ish), most likely to succeed and has said he’s ready to rebuild a club.

I said is the other night

2 + F1

1, WC F2, Darling with some salary

That’s the main part

Then either take 3 of trade down to Melbourne and we get to keep all out late firsts, a local talent at 6, then 11, 15, 17, 18.

If you want, make a play for the cats pick 7 as well.
Just like the #2 + #3 combo isn't on the table for #1, neither should #2 + F1 be, no matter how the WCE side of things is dressed up. Darling is an irrelevance and our F1 should be precious to us as it could still be a #2 or #3 pick if we don't win more than 7 games. Hopefully North won't be as desperate as some of our supporters are to get hold of pick #1. On our terms or nothing.

Lots of ‘could’, ‘would’ and ‘maybes’ in that article.

Probably because it’s the biggest load of bullshit ever written.

Darling is that far over the hill even his own supporters boo him and his wife is from country WA so she isn’t packing her life up along with young kids and moving to Melbourne for two years ffs..

The desperation of these peanuts to sell papers is getting to UK tabloid levels and the dunce Best Coke supporters believe every word written..

I reckon Melbourne will probably get a deal done but its going to cost us heaps. As someone has already said 1 player is ok for Melbourne. But for us we need 4 or so quality players not just one potential star
I’ve got a funny feeling they will get a first rounder off the crows for Petty somehow (crazy I know) and offer their own first, the crows first and their own future first.

The only thing is in this scenario the Eagles don’t get Reid or Mckercher and are a chance not to even get Curtin, but on paper if you are rebuilding the trade looks good.

Damo is obsessed with the fact we haven't offered up 2+3 for pick 1 yet. Seems genuinely offended we started off at best possible option for us and are working our way down.

Can't seem to process that in a negotiation you don't start high, because you can't negotiate back down to less.

he will be apoplectic if we don't offer 2+3 at one point.

One of the only good points that they've made a few times is that people are too obsessed with the Draft Point Index and picks 1-7 are far more valuable than a couple of picks in the late teens with similar DPI value.
He needs us to offer 2&3 so he can then bag us for years as those two players have great careers.

Geelongs pick 8 will be in play on 2 fronts.

1. If Sanders is taken before pick 8 and I think it's a guarantee he will be taken before 8.

2. If Ratugolea ends up in the National Draft and Geelong want to split 8 just so to screw Port and pick him at 17 or 18 before Port pick at 24.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Lots of ‘could’, ‘would’ and ‘maybes’ in that article.

Probably because it’s the biggest load of bullshit ever written.

Darling is that far over the hill even his own supporters boo him and his wife is from country WA so she isn’t packing her life up along with young kids and moving to Melbourne for two years ffs..

The desperation of these peanuts to sell papers is getting to UK tabloid levels and the dunce Best Coke supporters believe every word written..
They don’t report the news these days - they make it up

I’ve got a funny feeling they will get a first rounder off the crows for Petty somehow (crazy I know) and offer their own first, the crows first and their own future first.

The only thing is in this scenario the Eagles don’t get Reid or Mckercher and are a chance not to even get Curtin, but on paper if you are rebuilding the trade looks good.
It’s be crazy for the godees to do that as I rate petty in their most important players.
But d he didn’t get injured they would have won the flag.

1. If Sanders is taken before pick 8 and I think it's a guarantee he will be taken before 8.

2. If Ratugolea ends up in the National Draft and Geelong want to split 8 just so to screw Port and pick him at 17 or 18 before Port pick at 24.

If pick 8 is relying on Saunders and where he is falling on draft night, it’s not of value to us, assuming the club want to package it to get to pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Geelong aren’t re drafting Ratugolea 😂

If pick 8 is relying on Saunders and where he is falling on draft night, it’s not of value to us, assuming the club want to package it to get to pick 1.
It's of value if we think a player that is available fills a need and is likely to go before our pick 15.

North should do pick 2 for JVR and pick 6. It would most likely mean we get McKeercher or Dursma at 3, a key forward and Sanders or O'Sullivan at 6. Melbourne can then trade 2 and 11 to WCE for 1.
I’d do this deal.

JVR would solve an issue for us.

I very much doubt Melbourne want to part with him though.

North should do pick 2 for JVR and pick 6. It would most likely mean we get McKeercher or Dursma at 3, a key forward and Sanders or O'Sullivan at 6. Melbourne can then trade 2 and 11 to WCE for 1.

Man if JVR is up for trade I’d love North to go for him. He’d be perfect for us.

I don’t think Melbourne would put him up though. Where did the JVR stuff come from? Was it a decent journalist or some WA tabloid hack?

Man if JVR is up for trade I’d love North to go for him. He’d be perfect for us.

I don’t think Melbourne would put him up though. Where did the JVR stuff come from? Was it a decent journalist or some WA tabloid hack?
Glen Quartermain was usually a reasonable journalist

Nothing more than what WA players do they have:
“West Australian Demon Jacob van Rooyen is contracted til the end of 2025 and is seen as a key part of Melbourne’s future plans, but might be expendable if Reid is the reward.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back