Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

So Adelaide is a terrible place to live? Why hasn't anyone that's moved from SA to QLD raised this until now?
I was born and raised in SA and currently live in Noosa which is paradise btw..
All that said we miss the quality of lifestyle in Adelaide as well. The food scene and culture and cost of living in SA Is second to none.

I agree but I seriously doubt we could have developed him into a good player. I think tilthorpe would be better if he was drafted by another club
Which suggests that our key problem is in developing our youngsters, rather than talent identification/recruitment.

Cal Twomey believes that Will Hayward is more likely to either stay at Sydney or go to a Melbourne club than return to SA. Might be time to move on.

He also said the club is likely to start negotiations with Rankine over a new contract in the back half of this year.

Riley Beveridge, meanwhile, seems to believe that GWS have retained an interest in Elliott Himmelberg.

Cal Twomey believes that Will Hayward is more likely to either stay at Sydney or go to a Melbourne club than return to SA. Might be time to move on.

He also said the club is likely to start negotiations with Rankine over a new contract in the back half of this year.

Riley Beveridge, meanwhile, seems to believe that GWS have retained an interest in Elliott Himmelberg.

Sounds like the recent mail from C4[2]Yo`DooR was correct

Apparently was said on one of the Fox footy shows last night (Midweek Tackle maybe?) that Yeo would prefer to stay in Perth

Makes sense, apparently he’s going to be a father soon

Seems like it’s definitely a $$$ play from Colin Young
I hope so. No reason for him to want to come here unless it's to top up his super before he retires. But at least that's a clear motivation, harder to imagine what our club would be thinking going after somebody that age at this point in our list build. Let's at least get to the point where we're contending before we start topping up with the 30+ year olds, please.

The thought of bringing him in gives me Gibbs / Carey vibes. Formerly great players who were shadows of their former selves by the time we got them.

Apparently was said on one of the Fox footy shows last night (Midweek Tackle maybe?) that Yeo would prefer to stay in Perth

That ****head?

All makes sense now.

Sorry to intrude.

Yeo is very wealthy. Comes from a wealthy family and has made shrewd business decisions.

I think it would be more the years than $, but there would also be a bit of 'respect' in terms of being offered a fair figure.

I'd be very surprised if the $ offered by a rival interest him at all, provided he is being shown some respect from West Coast on their offer.

His manager however may be chasing that sweet, sweet commission...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tidbits I've heard from my only source in AFL club land
  • LDU won't leave Victoria, Saints, Carlton and Essendon would be frontrunners if he left North
  • Still thinks Hayward and Luckosius would leave for the right money
  • No idea why we would have interest in Yeo
  • Very likely to take Toby Murray in the MSD if he's available (he's been told to put the queue in the rack so other clubs don't come sniffing) - more a forward than ruck, but rates his ruck work highly
  • Says we need to play Dowling soon or he will leave, other clubs are tracking him closely - spent a heap of time on the leg press in the off season to build some kicking power
  • If we are looking at young rucks from other clubs, prefers Jack Verall at Melbourne over Henry Smith at the Lions
  • Other clubs laughed at the subbing of Curtin at half time last week
  • Says that Nicks is too risk adverse as a coach and backs in honest battlers or out of form senior players for far too long, we should be preferencing time into Curtin, Dowling, Taylor and Ryan at AFL level
  • Also thinks that Pedlar is the type to read too much media and get a big head if there's a bit of praise for him, sees that as a big reason why he's had a poor start to the year (there were reports in pre season of his fitness not being up to scratch either, which feeds into that poor form)
Surely if other clubs notice these Nicks issues, then people inside our club do too (or am I living in hope)?

A search shows he was his manager six years ago, I’m assuming he still is
Luke Parker on the outer at Sydney, likely more so after his 6 week VFL ban might be a 2025 option for a year or 2 if we want a big bodied proven mid with Sydney seemingly in a bit of a cap squeeze? Contracted for next year but could come cheaply, can still football going on his VFL form since resuming.

Luke Parker on the outer at Sydney, likely more so after his 6 week VFL ban might be a 2025 option for a year or 2 if we want a big bodied proven mid with Sydney seemingly in a bit of a cap squeeze? Contracted for next year but could come cheaply, can still football going on his VFL form since resuming.
I'd still probably prefer to give some young guys time in the middle, but if he doesn't cost much (both trade and contract-wise) I wouldn't be totally against it if he takes Laird's minutes?

With a draft full of midfielders coming up, would we trade Keane to Collingwood for there first, Curtin to west coast for there first and go into the draft with 3 firsts and a few seconds?
Curtin has been rushed in and we destroyed his confidence and just seems from the outside to leave sometime in his career. Keane would have had to been interested for the pies to be linked. If we jag a few good midfielders, we could actually challenge for the flag in 2 or 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With a draft full of midfielders coming up, would we trade Keane to Collingwood for there first, Curtin to west coast for there first and go into the draft with 3 firsts and a few seconds?
Curtin has been rushed in and we destroyed his confidence and just seems from the outside to leave sometime in his career. Keane would have had to been interested for the pies to be linked. If we jag a few good midfielders, we could actually challenge for the flag in 2 or 3 years

Collingwood don't currently hold a 1st round pick,

1) Pies don't have a first, and they wouldn't give it up for Keane if they did, anyway
2) can we not give up on Curtin so easily? I'm not even thinking about dealing a talent like him right now
3) getting a few midfielders in this draft at the expense of our starting CHB, and a top 10 pick with a year extra development under his belt, isn't going to help a flag push in the next 3 seasons (though I do want one to go with Welsh this year)

Tidbits I've heard from my only source in AFL club land

• Says we need to play Dowling soon or he will leave, other clubs are tracking him closely - spent a heap of time on the leg press in the off season to build some kicking power
Thank you for providing these bits

On this does a rumour or inside gossip make it more or less likely he gets a game?

ie sign here and we will play you?

Its some nice thinking but like others I dont see the benefit - or we wont see the benefit of these draftees (unless they are Harley Reid level) for a few years and we know the club is all in on a flag in the next 2 and half years

I was born and raised in SA and currently live in Noosa which is paradise btw..
All that said we miss the quality of lifestyle in Adelaide as well. The food scene and culture and cost of living in SA Is second to none.

I grew up in Adelaide (and went to the Crows first ever game) - Now live in Melbourne but strongly considering moving back to Adelaide in the next few years.

Outside of major events - Melbourne is a total sh*tshow. Covid/Lockdowns pretty much destroyed Melbourne's soul amongst many other things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back