Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

All those players have outstanding physical/athletic traits which compensate for their size.

I've already said that I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Howes, but I would be slightly concerned having three forwards that are pretty much the same size, especially when forwards and defenders seem to be getting bigger.
So you've never seen Howes play? Right?

If you had you would know he's athletically/physically sound.

Thilthorpe?

Fingers crossed. The good news is we'd absolutely have the money to pay him.

ETA: are we certain Keane is still a rookie? We extended him after the Showdown.
Think he is on the main list now.

Vader can probably confirm.

So you've never seen Howes play? Right?

If you had you would know he's athletically/physically sound.

Thilthorpe?
I'm not sure what we're arguing about. I've already said I'd be OK with us taking him, just that I think our list has bigger needs.

I'm not sure what we're arguing about. I've already said I'd be OK with us taking him, just that I think our list has bigger needs.
You do realise we're talking the MSD and players that have been overlooked previously, some multiple times, at least both Howes and Rypstra were overlooked because of their injuries at the time or injury history at the time.

You do realise we're talking the MSD and players that have been overlooked previously, some multiple times, at least both Howes and Rypstra were overlooked because of their injuries at the time or injury history at the time.
Yes, I'm quite aware. I really don't think we're disagreeing about anything!

Every player in the MSD has already been overlooked at least 4x - National Draft, Pre-Season Draft, Rookie Draft, Pre-Season Supplementary Period.

... and that's just the players who became eligible for drafting in 2023. Anyone who is older will have been overlooked many, many, more times.

Shame if its true and we lose him as i think an axis of Keane and Murray as our key defensive posts would have loiked very good for years to come. Add Worrell as the 3rd man intercept and thats a quality defence.along with max

Didn’t we only just announce an extension to Keane’s contract a few weeks ago? Seems a weird rumour so close to that

Only thinking out loud here so again, could be wrong. We can only extend a rookie contract as he isnt on the main list. I imagine there is an out clause if he gets offered a main spot. Which again, would effectively make him a free agent I presume

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear premiership player Billy Frampton would be a good get

I'd go Keane and Melbournes second/or our third for their first

Of course that means Hamish has two firsts and that is totally un*******acceptable

I wouldn’t. He is contracted - their 1st will be fine - which will likely be 16-22 anyway. Not exactly a sure thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How have we not approached Dustin Martin? It currently seems like he hates Richmond as much as us.

Only thinking out loud here so again, could be wrong. We can only extend a rookie contract as he isnt on the main list. I imagine there is an out clause if he gets offered a main spot. Which again, would effectively make him a free agent I presume
No. A playing contract is a playing contract. There is nothing to stop us from signing him to a multi-year contract, where he is on the rookie list in the 1st year of the contract, and the senior list for subsequent years. We've done it before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back