Fixture 2023 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it provided by the AFL, or totally a WC construct?

If that's purely from WC I'm not sure if that's not worse.

Funnily enough, I’m not copied in on corro between the club and the league.

I thought with your close personal relationship with Kate that she would have copied you into all the intimate and private correspondence.

You’ve badly misread our relationship. I’m pretty sure she’s looked into getting a restraining order.

I figure the ideal mix between home and away games changes when you're rebuilding compared to contending. We're struggling to beat any team, so it's better for us to play weak teams at home, as we need every advantage to beat them. We're likely to lose to the strong teams whether we play them home or away, so might as well play them away.

When contending, you want the opposite. Play the weak ones away as you're banking those wins regardless. Play the other contenders at home which should help you get the win.

Both 2015 and 2018 felt like they had ideal draws in that way. We played a lot of contenders at home and managed to get the win, which was crucial to a top 2 finish.
In 2018 we played 3/4 top four teams away and we were the other top 4 team

But that’s not the point.

My point is they are saying we have the 3rd easiest draw and yet we play all the good teams away.

How the funk do they come up with this bullshit.

More vic bs to justify them getting the gf by saying we get an easier h and a

The club published that graphic.
I notice that someone has been reading this site again.
They've actually fixed it, error for error that we pointed out. Now looks correct. Even the colour errors.

I'm reasonably happy with the fixture. Not perfect, but far from horrible.

No trip to MDMA park.
One trip to Tassie. And if the weather is good we actually play Launy ok. Windy... forget it. Wet... forget it.
No games in Darwin/Cairns/Alice etc.
Teams that finished high spread throughout the year.

And it'll be good to death ride Port for draft capital.

Hey briztoon - when will your team visit us like you do?

Since we moved to Optus, those yellow bellied Lions of yours refuse to come here to play us meaning each year we have to go to that Gabba shithole of yours

Looked it up yesterday, it goes deeper than that. 14 of our last 18 clashes with Brisbane have been played at the Gabba dating back to 2008

It's insane

1670818154183.png

Looked it up yesterday, it goes deeper than that. 14 of our last 18 clashes with Brisbane have been played at the Gabba dating back to 2008

It's insane

View attachment 1571872
So in 15 years they’ve travelled here 4 times and all but one year when they’ve come here it’s been a year when we played them twice

Only one year (2017) have we not played them at the Gabba

How the heck does that happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun has us bottom 1-5 after Rd 6

Only win v GWS

Guess it depends on the way we're playing but if we're getting pumped and 1-5 Simmo could be in trouble.

If we're competitive and showing something then may be OK.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
unlikely as simmo is contracted through to 2025 (inclusive). We aren't going to sack a coach with 2.5 years to go on a contract.

I think our first 2 games are winnable - Norf and GWS

The next 6 (Freo, Melb, Cats, Port, Blues, Tigers) will be tough. Easy to have a view we lose all 6

The next 5 (Suns H, Hawks Tas, Dons H, Pies H, Crows SA Home) should see us very competitive and we are in a decent chance

A bye then Sydney at SCG is a walkover based on prior years
Th remaining 9 of StK H, Lions A, Tigers H, Blues A, Freo, Dogs A and Crows H should have Simmo's new game plan well and truly implemented and maybe win 3 or 4

Not gloom and doom. Plenty to see that is new (plan, players) and plenty to welcome back (Oscar, Sheed, Yeo, Gov).

Just had a quick look at this fixture and saw this:

View attachment 1571378

This third easiest draw.

Oh that’s nice i think so i have a captain cook at who we play home and who we play away and see that out of the 8 teams i think will make the finals this year, we play 6 of them interstate. With two against the dockers at home.

And that’s the third easiest?

Geelong at adelaide (neutral interstate)
Port at adelaide
Tigers at the g
Sydney at scg
Lions at brisbane (from now on based on h a h a)
Dogs in melbs

6 top 8 teams interstate and that’s the 3rd easiest draw….
We would have lost those games anyway .
Easy teams at home !

Im commenting on how easy the draw is. A draw where you play top 8 teams away from home aint an easy draw.
Yeah but of those 6 away games you highlighted, we play Richmond twice, Port didn’t even make the 8 and the Geelong game is in Adelaide.

I really don’t think it’s that bad.

Im commenting on how easy the draw is. A draw where you play top 8 teams away from home aint an easy draw.
We all know we are going to be s**t the next few years .

Getting the new boys some wins together to gel is a good thing .

Getting pumped every home game against top teams then losing away games is s**t

Think best case scenario is 3-5 wins. The club accepted where we are. It will take 3-5 years to get the draftees to 80 games and they regularly can help WC on a weekly basis. IMO this season is more important to get games into the younger generation whilst not depleting our best 22 of too much experience. This is unfortunately a multi year rebuild
Math is not your strong suit is it?

In 2018 we played 3/4 top four teams away and we were the other top 4 team

But that’s not the point.

My point is they are saying we have the 3rd easiest draw and yet we play all the good teams away.

How the funk do they come up with this bullshit.

More vic bs to justify them getting the gf by saying we get an easier h and a
Do you believe you have a chance against the good teams at home?
So in 15 years they’ve travelled here 4 times and all but one year when they’ve come here it’s been a year when we played them twice

Only one year (2017) have we not played them at the Gabba

How the * does that happen
The AFL hates you as much as they hate us.

I've been on BigFooty since 2013 (yes I lurked for a couple of years), this is the first year our board hasn't whinged about our draw.

Under the merger agreement we're supposed to get 7 games a year in Melbourne, for our Fitzroy family. In recent years, all in the one season, that has included Dogs in Ballarat, Hawks in Tassie, and Geelong in Geelong. Leaving us with only 4 actual games in Melbourne. And we were lucky if we got one game at the G.

There's usually fireworks kicking off on our board this time of year.

Seriously, what does it take to get through to you.

If you played the 8 strongest teams at home, that's a 1-7 record at best.

Then you're going to play the 9 weaker teams, on their home deck, with home field umpiring. That's likely a 1-8 record. Because you know, West Coast have been reeeal gooood travelers lately.

Then you get a strong team away, loss. Plus Freo twice at home, another loss. One mediocre team at home win, and two poor teams at home 2-0. And some random in Adelaide, loss.

Giving you a 4-19 record, and another bottom two finish.

We all know we are going to be s**t the next few years .

Getting the new boys some wins together to gel is a good thing .

Getting pumped every home game against top teams then losing away games is s**t
Maybe two more seasons, if you can get a couple of good WA players in their prime to come home in 2024 or 2025. That could catapult you up the ladder.

Only takes one good mid and one good forward, plus a couple to good quality role players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back