Game Day 2023 AFL Draft - The Late Male Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong can also be prone to pigeon holing a player into a role and then no exploring other options for them.
Yes they are very guilty of that but once the player lands in their jumper, they won't let them go cheap regardless of performance.

I am really hoping Curtain goes east. Then we are a chance to trade him back.
not a popular opinion on here i know but watch WC do their best to trade out their 2024 1st to secure Curtain. They absolutely love their WA talls and North this morning making comment about taking Curtain early is likely part of the negotiations for that pick. Also, Reid will still be a flight risk.

not a popular opinion on here i know but watch WC do their best to trade out their 2024 1st to secure Curtain
Likely. This has been widely assumed in the AFL media.

Basically West Coast are happy to give nexts year's #1 pick to walk away with Reid and Curtain tonight. Good for them and great for the team that gets their pick.

Likely. This has been widely assumed in the AFL media.

Basically West Coast are happy to give nexts year's #1 pick to walk away with Reid and Curtain tonight. Good for them and great for the team that gets their pick.
my guess is pick 3 for the McKay compo in exchange for 2024 1st and + other special things.

Did I see someone chasing more Harley Reid content?

Season 1 Smh GIF by BET Plus

Hi Sherrif here. I had a problem with the email of my previous account so Ive created a new one. Im in contact via social media with a group called the Inner Sanctum that basically summarise sport info from around the country including the AFL draft. They predicting that the big story after the draft wont be the players selected but rather how ridiculous the drafting points matching system is. Its not just Gold Coast that will trade down for multiple picks and trade future picks to get will trade down current picks massively to get more points but also the Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Sydney will be using picks in the 40's and 50's to match bids. There prediction is a massive jump for our picks in the 60's range when used as a result with hose pucks being used in the early 40's. They predict we will go early on mature age Werribee pair Shaun Mannagh and Sam Clohesy. They also think Adelaide will trade out their pick 20 for 2024 future picks. I think we would offer the two St Kilda picks (2nd and 4th rounder) if Collard was available.

I
f Edwards gets past pick 40 I'll be wrapt. I think he's a great long term prospect but many clubs think he'll take take time to develop so that's the reason why he's gone down the draft order.

Hi Sherrif here. I had a problem with the email of my previous account so Ive created a new one. Im in contact via social media with a group called the Inner Sanctum that basically summarise sport info from around the country including the AFL draft. They predicting that the big story after the draft wont be the players selected but rather how ridiculous the drafting points matching system is. Its not just Gold Coast that will trade down for multiple picks and trade future picks to get will trade down current picks massively to get more points but also the Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Sydney will be using picks in the 40's and 50's to match bids. There prediction is a massive jump for our picks in the 60's range when used as a result with hose pucks being used in the early 40's. They predict we will go early on mature age Werribee pair Shaun Mannagh and Sam Clohesy. They also think Adelaide will trade out their pick 20 for 2024 future picks. I think we would offer the two St Kilda picks (2nd and 4th rounder) if Collard was available.

I
f Edwards gets past pick 40 I'll be wrapt. I think he's a great long term prospect but many clubs think he'll take take time to develop so that's the reason why he's gone down the draft order.
I personally think it would take saints F2 and our F3 to prise 20 from the crows, would do it though to get collard.
Next years draft is already compromised by two end of 1st round compo picks so saints F2 is already around pick 30 and F4 round picks are worth nothing.

Last edited:

I

Thanks Sherrif. I just want to give you an insight into the inner Sanctum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LATE MAIL: The Dockers have put late work into Dandenong Stingrays midfielder Cooper Simpson, who shapes as possible target at 34. Speedy Sturt small Loch Rawlinson, who blitzed the field with a 2.894 second 20m sprint at the SA state combine, is one to look out for late, given the obvious void, while the Dockers are one of the clubs linked to a live trade with Gold Coast. Homegrown key forward Odin Jones might appeal as a rookie.

LATE MAIL: The Dockers have put late work into Dandenong Stingrays midfielder Cooper Simpson, who shapes as possible target at 34. Speedy Sturt small Loch Rawlinson, who blitzed the field with a 2.894 second 20m sprint at the SA state combine, is one to look out for late, given the obvious void, while the Dockers are one of the clubs linked to a live trade with Gold Coast. Homegrown key forward Odin Jones might appeal as a rookie.
Watched Simpson's highlights yesterday. Looks good.

Looks like a classic wingman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back