Game Day 2023 AFL Draft - The Late Male Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

That seems like more of a hassle than the current solution.

Ok to be clear - so I joined this forum to follow the men’s team when there was no women’s comp. I don’t want to see women’s comp stuff in this forum. Sorry.
I think women’s fans should start a separate forum.
Eg I follow an nba team forum and don’t have to wade through any wnba content there. Grumpy cloud man etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better focusing on other bids ... very very unlikely we match as the two guys in question are gonna be cat B rookies at best
We are actually interested in one of yours so I said yours incase it fails and we have to take the player

But ye if some other is a certainty to be matched then ye do that

Ok to be clear - so I joined this forum to follow the men’s team when there was no women’s comp. I don’t want to see women’s comp stuff in this forum. Sorry.
Eg I follow an nba team forum and don’t have to wade through any wnba content there. Grumpy cloud man etc

Not wanting to see the women's stuff is just bizarre, you dont have to participate in any discussion on it if you dont want. Does the act of seeing AFLW threads annoy you?

Not sure the article below has been posted in here, but it shows how little value our F1 picks had yesterday. Clubs did not want to trade out, only move around. WC put their F1 on the table for Curtin and left it there for Caddy, and were knocked back by GWS and Geelong despite the WC pick probably being pick 1 next year.

Not wanting to see the women's stuff is just bizarre, you dont have to participate in any discussion on it if you dont want. Does the act of seeing AFLW threads annoy you?

It’s just irrelevant content. Why don’t they do it in nba forums then ?
Anyway not a big deal I’ll tap out.

Not sure the article below has been posted in here, but it shows how little value our F1 picks had yesterday. Clubs did not want to trade out, only move around. WC put their F1 on the table for Curtin and left it there for Caddy, and were knocked back by GWS and Geelong despite the WC pick probably being pick 1 next year.

Next year as live picks they will be valued more especially if there is interest around those picks

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Getting Back On Track
OK, time to get this thread back on track.

Some people didn't like the thread title? You're entitled to your opinions, but they don't belong in this thread anymore. this is the line in the sand. Any more get posted and they're deleted, regardless of what side you take. Repeat offenders get banned.

As a compromise, I've updated the title to include a play on words to us not getting a pick in the draft until late while retaining the acknowledgement of who's being drafted. If you're also offended by tardiness you can get in the bin.

There are more than enough hills to die on in this thread. Enjoy your brand new toys.

I'm not upset if we miss out on Edwards, we have a number of rucks on our list and Darcy and Jackson still have 8+ years ahead of them as a duo anyway. Would be strange if the Eagles picked him up after picking up that other ruckman with an earlyish pick last year. Would mean they haven't got a huge amount of faith in Bailey Williams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt WC are in the picture. Just brought in Flynn. And they have invested similar draft capital in recent years on Barnett (pick 23) and Williams (pick 35). The latter 6th in their B&F, which suggests they have bigger needs than getting a 3rd developing ruck on the list.
Their ruck stocks are thinner than ours though, and we are thinking of taking him, free hit or not.

Hey Tonga Bob, what are you gonna turn off tonight to stop the Big Footy servers crashing again?

Is the entire Carlton board an option?
Any chance of this Chief ?

However the rest of the draft turns out im just stoked that the eagles didn't get Curtin or Collard!

The salt from the eagles fans i work with has been delicious

I was thinking today, would the eagles still have kept pick 1 if they knew that Curtin and Collard would be gone?

According to this, not only did they try to trade their future pick for Curtin, they also offered it to Geelong for Nate Caddy.

Melbourne apparently offered picks 6 and 11 for 1 in the weeks leading up to the draft. I am sure that the Eagles could have moved 23 into a late first as part of the deal (even getting North involved). They could very easily have all of Curtin, Caddy and Collard and kept their future first rounder.

I think they were seriously banking on picking up Curtin and Reid, with Caddy as a failsafe and Collard as a consolation prize. If they'd known they were missing out on all of the rest they would have seriously rethought keeping 1, IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back