Fixture 2022 WCE Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Well thats a trash fixture to start the year, as normal we get the last game which sucks to watch as well as cramming our season into the smallest window possible.

What?

We play the last game in round 1 and the last game in round 23.

How is that cramming?

If people are going to complain about stuff at least make it like an actual real thing to complain about. ;)

So we have the hardest ?

I just did the maths on that. The ranking (15th) was correct - just the opponents were incorrect (the quote from Nisbett was correct also - unless the dogs are setting up base at Optus).

Article was all over the shop.

Also, adding up the 2021 ladder position of double up opponents is a way to rank difficulty of the draw.... not a good way, but the way they have done it....

I'd rather have 6 day breaks early in the season rather than late. The squad should be fit and not too banged up.

You don't want 6 day breaks late in the season when 3 quarters of the team are carrying niggles.

6 day breaks after a derby however is a bit of a joke. I'd like to say it's just another game but we know Freo don't see it that way.

So we have the hardest ?

This looks more close to the truth........

AFL 2022 fixture difficulty (Easiest to hardest)

1. Carlton
  2. Adelaide Crows
  3. West Coast Eagles
  4. Gold Coast Suns
  5. Hawthorn
  6. Collingwood
  7. North Melbourne
  8. Richmond
  9. Sydney Swans
  10. Fremantle
  11. Brisbane Lions
  12. Geelong Cats
  13. Port Adelaide
  14. St Kilda
  15. GWS Giants
  16. Western Bulldogs
  17. Essendon
  18. Melbourne
Based on 2021 percentage of the teams they play twice in 2022

So we have the hardest ?
Hugh?

How are we ranked 1st for degree of difficulty?

Geelong and Richmond twice wont be as daunting as previous years IMO.

Lions, Port, Melbourne and Bulldogs are the 2022 top 4 IMO and we play them once.

Play Twice, First Four & Last Four is what has been proposed as our fixture, from bye round down is Bulldogs info. Just your usual run of the mill AFL incompetence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP UPDATED

RND 1 Sunday, Mar 20 West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS Optus Stadium (FOX) 4:40pm

RND 2 Sunday, Mar 27 North Melbourne vs. West Coast Eagles Marvel Stadium (FOX) 1:10pm

RND 3 Sunday, Apr 3 West Coast Eagles vs. Fremantle Optus Stadium (FOX) 4:20pm

RND 4 Saturday, Apr 9 Collingwood vs. West Coast Eagles Marvel Stadium (FOX) 4:35pm

RND 5 Friday, Apr 15 West Coast Eagles vs. Sydney Swans Optus Stadium (FOX) 5:40pm

RND 6 Saturday, Apr 23 Port Adelaide vs. West Coast Eagles Adelaide Oval (FOX) 4:05pm

RND 7 Friday, Apr 29 West Coast Eagles vs. Richmond Optus Stadium (SEVEN) 6:10pm

RND 8 Saturday, May 7 Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast Eagles The Gabba (FOX) 7:25pm

RND 9 Sunday, May 15 West Coast Eagles vs. Melbourne Optus Stadium (FOX) 3:20pm
Hmm why is one friday night 540 local and the other 610 local?

870439242f4852e6bfaab9714b6fb27b.jpg

They’ve fixed it on the website, but not Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Round 5 - 11 will tell us whether we’re a contender or not

Sydney (H)
Port (A)
Richmond (H)
Brisbane (A)
Melbourne (H)
GWS (A)
Bulldogs (H)

Six of last years finalists plus Richmond who, like us, will be hoping to rebound from a disappointing 2021

And I have no idea how the AFL can’t see that Brisbane won’t have played us at Optus. Ever. This is the 5th season we’ve been playing there

Can someone explain to me why Freo get 3 optus games in a row and we don’t? , we obviously request something else don’t know what it is tho maybe the 2 home games after the bye?
I'd much rather our fixture tbh. They start & end the season away, we at least start at home.

We go 6 home, 6 away before the bye then 6 home, 4 away after the bye.

They go 8 home, 5 away before the bye then 4 home, 5 away after the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back