List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
Not sure how true the Marshall rumour is but I rate him really highly so would love him as part of a JHF deal.

My trade to get it done and also help Port get Rioli in the process would be

JHF, F2 and F4 out

8, F1 F3 and Marshall in

It allows Port to use a F2 for Rioli and still improves our 2023 draft hand. Maybe it doesn’t rape and pillage Port as much as we’d like to but I think it suits some of our needs.

Best case we could then trade 1 for 3,12,18 maybe giving back a F3

Use 8,12 and a swap here and there to get 2

Use 18 to get Hunter Clark

And we go home losing 1 JHF F2 F4

And get Marshall, Logue, Tucker, Clark, 2 (Wardlaw), 3 (Sheezel), Ports F1, Boomer jnr and of course Clarko

Bring on number 5 😂

People assume every first rounder will be a success.
Durdin says hi.

Crows essentially offered us 2 top 5 picks and a slight upgrade on our second round pick for pick 1. Pick 8 might be a gun, might be a meh player, there is a lot more risk associated with picks the further down the line.

I figured as much.
I will be very interested in what the price ends up being.
I like to think of it like this
Turner/kyron
Vs
Clark.
Massive improvement.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, anything more then our F2 and a sweetener, we should walk away.

He has some very appealing traits, but this could easily be Stephenson 2.0.

I love him, but imagine if we gave up an early pick for Jaidyn.

AFL.com.au can reveal the deal would have seen North Melbourne end up with picks No.2, 3, 33, 53 and a future first-round pick for losing Horne-Francis to Port Adelaide and for shifting down the draft order from pick one to three.

The Giants would have moved up to secure the No.1 spot, with their picks No.8 and 12 heading to West Coast, who would have split the No.2 selection and also picked up the future second-round selection from Port, as well as a future third-round selection tied to Fremantle via North Melbourne. It would also have given the Eagles four picks inside the top 26 this year as they hit the draft.

Port would have secured main targets Horne-Francis and Rioli as well as pick No.36, which would have come from Brisbane, who had an involvement in the proposed deal to execute their trade for Gunston.

The Lions would have sent second-round pick No.36 into the whirlpool of selections and spun out of the deal with No.40 and 43. Although the Gunston trade was not directly a part of the agreed mix, it would have then seen the Lions likely send pick No.40 to the Hawks for Gunston, who will join Brisbane as a trade instead of free agency as the club didn't want to dilute its free agency compensation pick for losing Dan McStay.

Geelong was not involved in the talks, although Esava Ratugolea remains a trade target for the Power.

PROPOSED MEGA DEAL DETAILS

NORTH MELBOURNE
Trade out:
Jason Horne-Francis, pick No.1, 2023 third-round pick (tied to Fremantle)
Trade in: Picks No.2, 3, 33, 53, 2023 future first-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide)

PORT ADELAIDE
Trade out:
Picks No.8, 33, 43, 53, 2023 first-round pick
Trade in: Jason Horne-Francis, Junior Rioli, pick No.36

WEST COAST
Trade out:
Junior Rioli, picks No.2, 40
Trade in: Picks No.8, 12, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide), 2023 third-round pick (tied to Fremantle)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Trade out:
Picks No.3, 12
Trade in: Pick No.1

BRISBANE
Trade out:
Pick No.36
Trade in: Jack Gunston, pick No.43

HAWTHORN
Trade in:
Pick No.40
Trade out: Jack Gunston

Last edited:
Not sure how true the Marshall rumour is but I rate him really highly so would love him as part of a JHF deal.

My trade to get it done and also help Port get Rioli in the process would be

JHF, F2 and F4 out

8, F1 F3 and Marshall in

It allows Port to use a F2 for Rioli and still improves our 2023 draft hand. Maybe it doesn’t rape and pillage Port as much as we’d like to but I think it suits some of our needs.

Best case we could then trade 1 for 3,12,18 maybe giving back a F3

Use 8,12 and a swap here and there to get 2

Use 18 to get Hunter Clark

And we go home losing 1 JHF F2 F4

And get Marshall, Logue, Tucker, Clark, 2 (Wardlaw), 3 (Sheezel), Ports F1, Boomer jnr and of course Clarko

Bring on number 5 😂
we dont have f4 as we traded it for a future3 in the freo deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL.com.au can reveal the deal would have seen North Melbourne end up with picks No.2, 3, 33, 53 and a future first-round pick for losing Horne-Francis to Port Adelaide and for shifting down the draft order from pick one to three.

The Giants would have moved up to secure the No.1 spot, with their picks No.8 and 12 heading to West Coast, who would have split the No.2 selection and also picked up the future second-round selection from Port, as well as a future third-round selection tied to Fremantle via North Melbourne. It would also have given the Eagles four picks inside the top 26 this year as they hit the draft.

Port would have secured main targets Horne-Francis and Rioli as well as pick No.36, which would have come from Brisbane, who had an involvement in the proposed deal to execute their trade for Gunston.

The Lions would have sent second-round pick No.36 into the whirlpool of selections and spun out of the deal with No.40 and 43. Although the Gunston trade was not directly a part of the agreed mix, it would have then seen the Lions likely send pick No.40 to the Hawks for Gunston, who will join Brisbane as a trade instead of free agency as the club didn't want to dilute its free agency compensation pick for losing Dan McStay.

Geelong was not involved in the talks, although Esava Ratugolea remains a trade target for the Power.

NORTH MELBOURNE
Trade out:
Trade in: Picks No.2, 3, 33, 53, 2023 future first-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide)

PORT ADELAIDE
Trade out:

WEST COAST
Trade out:
Trade in: Picks No.8, 12, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide), 2023 third-round pick (tied to Fremantle)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Trade out:
Picks No.3, 12

BRISBANE
Trade out:
Pick No.36

HAWTHORN
Trade in:
Pick No.40

If Port just send a player to West Coast that is the equivalent of their future second (pick 27 approx), or get another future second from another club, that deal goes ahead.

I know you love a xerri trade.
How's this one?
Xerri + f2
For
Clark.
That would make me very happy. We can just get another ruck next year for a third rounder. No loss imo.
That's how I would do it.

I have only mentioned Xerri one thousand times, is that too much? ; )

Yep I like that deal.

Throw Mahony in too, he's terrible and I'm over him too.

This is all assuming port are trading out their best forward? Don’t think it’s happening.

They acknowledged they had to throw in Future 2nd and 3rd to make it remotely doable, if they don't have those picks, it has to be substituted with a player.

If Port just send a player to West Coast that is the equivalent of their future second (pick 27 approx), or get another future second from another club, that deal goes ahead.

They might not have the list spots. I guess it’s something we’ll also be mindful of if best case scenario we bring in a Port player and Clark, how many of these picks can we use?

At that, one thing we’ve shown full competence on is playing live trading on draft night.

They acknowledged they had to throw in Future 2nd and 3rd to make it remotely doable, if they don't have those picks, it has to be substituted with a player.
Yea, but why their best forward though after rejecting the move of their other lesser players?

NORTH MELBOURNE
Trade out:

PORT ADELAIDE
Trade out:

WEST COAST
Trade out:

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Trade out:
Picks No.3, 12

BRISBANE
Trade out:
Pick No.36

HAWTHORN
Trade in:
Pick No.40

So Horne for 3 + f1st and pick 1 and Freos pick for 2 + 33 + 55. Seems pretty bad unless I missed something. Downgrading pick 1 for almost nothing, or getting way unders on JHF depending on which trade you assign the picks. Hope we weren't actually planning to agree to anything remotely close to that or we are in for a bad time on Wednesday.

Yea, but why their best forward though after rejecting the move of their other lesser players?

If they are going through their list trying to gauge players that want to move to Victoria and he’s the only one, they might not have the options.

I want to believe but Just so jaded by injury prone players.

Is there anyone in the draft at 18?
I think hunter clarks injuries have been more the impact type than the body breaking down type?

They might not have the list spots. I guess it’s something we’ll also be mindful of if best case scenario we bring in a Port player and Clark, how many of these picks can we use?

At that, one thing we’ve shown full competence on is playing live trading on draft night.
7 open spots currently.
The draft will eat 3 of those minimum.
Your scenario leaves us 2 open.
Very doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back