List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t we all glad we signed Colyer for 1 year and Banfield for 2 years. What a clever use of our salary cap.
We literally wouldnt be able to fill the list spots any cheaper I imagine. they'll be on bargain basement contracts

Would have liked to have kept Griff, but don't begrudge him for taking the North offer if true, that's a seriously large amount of cash. Frustrating obviously, but content with what the club seemingly offered him, and content with him taking a better deal.

He won't if he wants another contract somewhere else. He spuds it up and he probably halves what he will get for his last couple of years.

Jackson seems like a space cadet. He probably won't even notice.
He's a space cadet now? That's seems harsh!

On Lobb: yep. Fully expecting a 40 goal year in 2023 so he can make bank in 2024.

I don't care enough to google when Cox, Ryan and Pearce signed their contracts mate.
Well then I'll answer for you. None of them.

Pearce signed less than his previous contract to stay with us.
Cox signed end of last year before he was AA squad.
Ryan signed way back in 2019 before he was AA and b&f. He's the only one that could possibly be on that money and he has the accolades to back it up.

Paying 500k for a benchwarmer is definitely overs.

We literally wouldnt be able to fill the list spots any cheaper I imagine. they'll be on bargain basement contracts
It's not like they are totally useless or anything either as depth, we've had far, far worse players on the list before than them.

Garlic just said on 6pr at this stage of our club/list we’ll probably bring more through free agency and trade as opposed to the draft.

Was pretty coy with asked about Corbett and Sharp..but obvious that we’re talking to them.
Free agency? De Goey confirmed

Garlic just said on 6pr at this stage of our club/list we’ll probably bring more through free agency and trade as opposed to the draft.

Was pretty coy with asked about Corbett and Sharp..but obvious that we’re talking to them.
Yeah it's probably time for that. 7 first round picks in the past three years currently on our list.

One argument against the 4D chess the club is allegedly playing is why we are going all in on a player that is not even an area of true need for us. And don’t tell me “he can be anything“ because anything can also be one giant potato.
I agree that a focus just on Jackson falls short. I'm just saying back in what is happening. I believe it's mostly engineered and lets wait for the outcome , post trade period and in 2 years time.

I suspect there are more pieces to the puzzle than Jackson and my point was that the player exodus was mostly not unexpected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then I'll answer for you. None of them.

Pearce signed less than his previous contract to stay with us.
Cox signed end of last year before he was AA squad.
Ryan signed way back in 2019 before he was AA and b&f. He's the only one that could possibly be on that money and he has the accolades to back it up.

Paying 500k for a benchwarmer is definitely overs.
You are aware those contracts will expire and they're all going to want pay raises right?

500k for a benchwarmer is just a silly comment. It's pathetic how immature this board gets every single season when a player asks for a trade

You are aware those contracts will expire and they're all going to want pay raises right?

500k for a benchwarmer is just a silly comment. It's pathetic how immature this board gets every single season when a player asks for a trade
500k is overs for Logue. There is zero guarantee he's a best 22 player next year. Who does he replace? Regardless if he asked for a trade or not, 500k still gonna be overs.

500k is overs for Logue. There is zero guarantee he's a best 22 player next year. Who does he replace? Regardless if he asked for a trade or not, 500k still gonna be overs.
He's easily best 22.....easily.

We're just going around in circles now, so let's discuss something slightly different. What pick do you realistically believe we can get for him?

You've just hit "package up some big bodies to developing club for a high pick" on your trade bingo card.

Aside from the fact that it is unlikely, as if North don't have more to spare. Who are they paying? Goldstein and Cunnington still probably pulling 900k because all the other senior players are potatos.
Believe it or not ... Jared Polec !!!

Yeah well that's the crucial outcome , because if all we end up with coming in by October 12 is Jackson and a bunch of draft picks it's a **** up

The AFL should be handing over pick 11 on the condition that it goes from North to us to Melbourne. Pick 13 + Pick 11 is a huge price for Jackson, but I would be thinking of it more as 13 + Logue, and it should get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back