T20I 2021 T20 World Cup - Australia v Sri Lanka 29 October 2021 1am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoin has impressed with the bat in both games so far

Coming off a good IPL it’s not a shock. The ones in form are the ones coming off a good IPL- Haze, Maxwell, Smith and Stoinis

0.253 NRR befoer this game

interesting how much it jumps

England's is almost impossible to chase down

Just need to win all the games really. The England game is tough but win the toss and send them in you never know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might just need 1 more win to make it through.
England just need to beat the winner of SL V SA and there’s a good chance our NRR is enough.
Our group is even but not necessarily good. Therefore not tough and 2 losses might be enough.
The other group might have 2 very poor teams but 3 good ones and another with 2 spinners that would worry us massively.

Sri Lanka I reckon are behind: Bangladesh, Afghanistan, India and Pakistan of the Asian sides at the moment.

I don't really rate them at all in this form of the game. They have struggled to follow or bring in players from a decade or so ago.

Sri Lanka aren't exactly the most athletic fielding side going around. They could have stopped a few fours with a bit more of an effort and with a few more agile fielders out there. I fail to see how a keeper can drop such a simple catch with the gloves on, which got Warner going. Was also quite funny when Warner cracked one back at one of their bowlers and he sh** himself, trying to get out of the way of it.

Sri Lanka aren't exactly the most athletic fielding side going around. They could have stopped a few fours with a bit more of an effort and with a few more agile fielders out there. I fail to see how a keeper can drop such a simple catch with the gloves on, which got Warner going. Was also quite funny when Warner cracked one back at one of their bowlers and he sh** himself, trying to get out of the way of it.

To be fair I think self preservation was a fair option on that one.

But yeah aside from that their fielding was not what you’d expect from an international side, probably 10-20 runs worth difference between the sides.

Their first choice keeper is currently serving a 12 month ban for breaking COVID bubble rules in England on SL tour there this year. Perara is like having Pete Handscomb keep for Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back