ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • England

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

• Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think everyone and his dog agrees Warner no longer deserves his spot in the side
Stoinis too. How people are defending this selection is truly mystifying to me, he has been hopeless for large chunks then an odd innings (usually a pretty meaningless one) to cement his spot for another year.

JFM is young and has the ability to improve rapidly, the other 2 do not. Take the punt

Short should be in the side too if you want to use BBL form but many here are just picking and choosing when to use form and when to ignore it
Form is temporary. These guys have a consistent record of performance at international level.

You don't take punts in a World Cup.

Yep it's definitely consistent the last few years. Consistently head scratching they kept their spots!
Since returning from his ban Warner by year has averaged 287, 46.5, 48.17, 34 and 51.25 in T20i's. Why on earth would he be dropped from the T20 side after those results?

Since returning from his ban Warner by year has averaged 287, 46.5, 48.17, 34 and 51.25 in T20i's. Why on earth would he be dropped from the T20 side after those results?
Dropped in IPl (multiple times?), did nothing in BBL
Bit more recent/relevant than 3 years ago average?

As someone else said, if he and Stoin come out and do really well I'll happily admit I was wrong. I don't think it'll happen though

The most likely scenario is bullying scores on minnows & failing when really needed. Then people will say "he averaged 40+ so good selection"...

Dropped in IPl (multiple times?), did nothing in BBL
Bit more recent/relevant than 3 years ago average?
Mitch Starc hadn’t played a domestic T20 game since 2015 till this IPL. And has been carted all over the field this IPL, care to comment on that ? The only reason he wasn’t dropped early was because KKR overpaid for him

Mitch Starc hadn’t played a domestic T20 game since 2015 till this IPL. And has been carted all over the field this IPL, care to comment on that ? The only reason he wasn’t dropped early was because KKR overpaid for him
I don't think there was any question marks on his selection from anyone was there? Yet most people pointed out Warner/Stoinis...

Why are there not questions marks on Starcs selection. Because the majority of the points you’ve made can also apply to him
Very true...Warner & Stoinis are popular targets, but the fact remains their T20I performances over the last 2-3 years have been solid...Personally I would have gone for JFM or Short in the squad over Green.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stoinis last 2 BBLs where he could barely get it off the square: Avg 23.93 SR 145.

JFM last 2 BBLs who must play or I hope we lose: Avg 21.21 SR 143.

There is certainly an argument that JFM should be picked for Australia but the way people are acting like it's some outrageous omission is ridiculous. It's line ball at best as to whether you can trust the JFM IPL form given the conditions the IPL is currently being played in over a mountain of previous form from others at international level.

I think I'd have picked him but if you can't see there's an entirely reasonable basis to lean towards Warner then I think you're being disingenuous.

Could they have picked both? Maybe but then you lose either wk cover, all rounder cover or a 2nd spinner for conditions in the West Indies where you can often turn up and it be a dustbowl.
I agree, it's a judgement call for me, with a belief that Warner is past it and will be found out while JFM is on the rise. Either way, I think he should be in the squad in case Warner fails the first few games. Who's the option otherwise: Green or Wade, I guess.

I agree, it's a judgement call for me, with a belief that Warner is past it and will be found out while JFM is on the rise. Either way, I think he should be in the squad in case Warner fails the first few games. Who's the option otherwise: Green or Wade, I guess.

Probably throw Inglis in there as well.

Probably throw Inglis in there as well.

and maxi as well he has had a terrible tournament....he must be crap

along with starc bowled crap...and cummins has been crap as well

and mitch has a hamstring get rid of him as well

zamps didn't even play in the IPL he must be crap as well

might as well drop everyone as long as Fraser gets picked :rolleyes:

jokes aside the only position that Fraser can play is opener......and they have gone for Warner

it is what it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand the argument for Fraser being in the squad over Warner...as they are like for like

But I do not agree that a spot should be made for Fraser to replace...a middle order player/allrounder or keeper position just to get Fraser in the team...as that is not the role that Fraser plays

I can understand the argument for Fraser being in the squad over Warner...as they are like for like

But I do not agree that a spot should be made for Fraser to replace...a middle order player/allrounder or keeper position just to get Fraser in the team...as that is not the role that Fraser plays
We didn't select a back up, top order player

Likely backups will be Green, Inglis, Agar and Ellis

and maxi as well he has had a terrible tournament....he must be crap

along with starc bowled crap...and cummins has been crap as well

and mitch has a hamstring get rid of him as well

zamps didn't even play in the IPL he must be crap as well

might as well drop everyone as long as Fraser gets picked :rolleyes:

jokes aside the only position that Fraser can play is opener......and they have gone for Warner

it is what it is
I actually meant throw Inglis in as another possible opening option within the squad, along with Green or Wade, if Warner was to struggle

Back