ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

• Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

• Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure the XI to start the tournament is going to be:

1. Head
2. Warner
3. Marsh
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

They'd have to change Stoinis' role to batting at 7 to accomodate Inglis at 5 as Tim David is not moving from 6 given he's averaged 37 at a sr of 183 for Australia there.

Inglis is currently a more rounded and frankly better bat than Wade but it's a role thing. Wade is left handed (which is something our middle order lacks when it comes to match ups without him) and is a better finisher than Inglis.

Inglis didn't help himself at all with his performances in the NZ series where he was asked to bat 5. Played a terrible 20 off 20 innings chasing 216 to win in the 1st T20I and was saved by Tim David. All his runs in T20 cricket have come batting top 4 and that's a tough place to get a gig for Australia.

The selection panel clearly like Inglis (they wouldn't have kept picking him in the ODI World Cup despite averaging 20 if they didn't) but he might need a top 4 spot to open up or Wade to really suck to get in the side.

Wade or Inglis is much of a muchness for me. Starc completely losing the ability to bowl in T20s in the last 3 years is our biggest issue.
Greenie over stoinis for me

Really worried about maxi and Warner atm

Does one feel like the ICC has shafted the Australian fan? Especially after they hosted the previous version of the T20 World Cup. The timing of the games is horrendous for an Australian viewer, especially if you have a full-time job.

And like I said before, watch a replay is kind of pointless.

Does one feel like the ICC has shafted the Australian fan? Especially after they hosted the previous version of the T20 World Cup. The timing of the games is horrendous for an Australian viewer, especially if you have a full-time job.

I don't understand how watching a replay is pointless in the streaming era. Just avoid the results and watch at your leisure. Obviously not practical for Tests or ODIs but ideal for T20s.

They timed it for the Indian market, with the biggest population. Same game time as the IPL. If they were to play in US prime time, it would be 10am games for us.

Then you have to consider the rest of the world as well. You can’t make everyone happy with game time.

1. Head
2. Warner
3. Marsh
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

Selectors have abit of pressure on them, Warner, Marsh, Maxwell all absolutely stunk in the IPL, if the format didn't protect the big guns exiting early Australia would be in strife, they definitely won't get past the Super 8 Stage imo.

Selectors have abit of pressure on them, Warner, Marsh, Maxwell all absolutely stunk in the IPL, if the format didn't protect the big guns exiting early Australia would be in strife, they definitely won't get past the Super 8 Stage imo.
The team feels very stale in my opinion. Feel like Fraser-McGurk would have injected energy into the team and as weird as it sounds, would have made the senior players play better .

Most of Australia's games are at 10am during the first stage, much better than the times during the 2021 edition

Most of Australia's games are at 10am during the first stage, much better than the times during the 2021 edition
Two of Australias Pool games are on a weekday at around 10:30am or 12:30PM AEST.

Unless you ask the employer for a work sickie, theres no chance of watching it live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of Australias Pool games are on a weekday at around 10:30am or 12:30PM AEST.

Unless you ask the employer for a work sickie, theres no chance of watching it live.

Solution:
Step 1: Subscribe to kayo (first month trial is FREE)
Step 2: Hook it up to your phone
Step 3: Put phone on desk at work
Step 4: Put headphones in
Step 5: Put a DND sign up at your desk and watch away until your heart is content.

Solution:
Step 1: Subscribe to Amazon Prime
Step 5: Put a DND sign up at your desk and watch away until your heart is content.
Fixed

The USA is actually a very old squad. Three blokes under 30 and those three are 29.

yeah not sure age is relevant in 20/20.

its either stand and deliver if you're a batsman and in any case are batting for a maximum 85 minutes or you bowl a 'maximum' of 4 overs (and in many cases less than 4 as 6-7 bowlers can be used or rain affected matches).

you can be a dhoni, brad hogg or fraser-mcgurk.

Solution:
Step 1: Subscribe to kayo (first month trial is FREE)
Im gathering you must work for a good company to allow that to happen.

We arent allowed to use our phones whilst working or at work. (bar our 15 minutes break).

Back